I'm Here and I Am Alive

Chapter Two

“I repeat! We are under attack!”

That’s when Selma heard the screams louder. People were getting trampled as they ran through the town to get to the shuttles.

Selma held onto Jen’s hand tightly, thinking she was about to break her hand. A mini explosion went off behind them, which sent them flying away from each other.

All Selma heard was ringing and a faint, “Selma!” Her name was being called. Jen was calling, screaming her name. “I need to find her, Fred!” She heard Jen screamed.

Her vision was blurry. She barely made out the shapes of people. “Jen…Jen…” She whispered. Her vision then started to fade out then back in. “Stay…awake.” She told herself out loud. She got on her knees but, then got kicked down. She slowly looked to her side and saw a civilian running away. She started getting back up once again.

Her legs were weak. They shook as she got up. “I need to get out of here.” She whispered to herself once again. She looked up and saw a shuttle taking off. “I hope everyone is okay.” She thought as she wobbly started to run down the tore up street. Hover cars were on fire around here. Dead bodies litter the streets also.

“Goddess…I can’t believe this is happening.” She staggered her way to the safety zone. Another explosion was heard a block away from her.

“I have to get out of here!” She yelled, trying to move faster. She then heard a louder explosion, from the sky. She looked up and saw a shuttle falling out of the sky. “NO!” Selma screamed. She didn’t know if her foster parents were in there or if Jen and Fred were in there. And she hoped they weren’t. She also felt bad for all the ones that died in that shuttle. The babies, the children, mothers, fathers, friends, everyone who was a somebody.

Her legs shook worse but she shook her head and ran. Ran as fast as she could. “I have to get there! No matter what!” Selma ran a few miles but then she felt a hand wrapped around her ankle, making her fall. She looked behind her to see a man alive. He was injured pretty badly. He was bleed from his head and his collar bone was poked out of his skin.

“I’m sorry…no one stopped. I…need help.” He coughed. He had dirt smeared on his face, his hair was short and sticking up and looked like it had a red tint to, probably from the blood. His eyes were a light blue color.

“I will help you.” Selma said as she got up and gently helped him up.

“GAH!” He screamed as he was helped up.

“I’m sorry. We have to go fast. I’m afraid to find out what will happen to us if we stay any longer!” She yelled over the explosion that just took place near them. He nod his head as he staggered along with Selma. “What’s your name?” she asked him. She looked straight ahead making sure they were clear to go. Once in a while she looked behind her to make sure no one was coming up behind them.

“Zack,” The injured man told Selma. “What about you?” He asked her.

“Selma. I would say it’s nice to meet you but…with what’s going on.” Selma looks at him out of the corner of her eye.

“I understand.” Zack nod his head as he then looked on ward. “We are almost there.”

Selma felt like she could scream from joy. But her happiness was soon forgotten. She was knocked down by some unknown force bringing down Zack with her. She groaned in pain as she rolled over onto her back and sat up but was pushed back. A foot was at chest trying to stop her breathing.

She gasped out as she looked at the person above her. It was no Earth being that was for sure. This man has two big reddish brownish eyes. When he blinked his eyelids blinked like a lizard sideways. He had dark red skin and there was weird markings all over her his body that was shown anyways. They looked like they were painted on with white paint. He had tiny little horns where the ears would have been.

She grabbed his ankle tightly as he applied more pressure on her chest. “Get off of me!” She gasped out.

He raised a brow at her. He thought she was interesting. “Puny human. You are weak. You all deserve to die!” He picked up his foot off her chest and started to slam it down back on her chest. But once he lifted his foot up Selma rolled away. She inhaled oxygen deeply.
She started to get up slowly as she glared at him. Her eyes never left his. He looked rather amused.

“I have yet seen a foe stood back to my kind. But no matter what you shall die along with your people.” The alien spoke to her.

“Go fuck yourself!” Selma screamed at him as she ran at him. She tackled him to the ground hitting him in the face. But once she got two hits in he punched her back making her fly off of him and landed back on the ground.

“Why you little piece of-“

“Hialo!” Selma looked over to where the voice was heard. She saw a alien that she assume came from the same race. They had similar markings but this new guy has black paint markings and the markings were different. They were thicker lines, more solid and straighter. “Stop we are going to need her.”

The man she was fighting name, Hialo looked confused. “Why sir?”

“The scanner says she isn’t human. She’s from Liuo or Delf.” The other alien explained.

“How is that possible?” Hialo sounded surprised. He looked back over at Selma as she was laying on her side, her hands on the ground pushing up a little as she stared at them.
Selma quickly looked over at Zack as he looked at Selma. He didn’t move an inch and she didn’t blame him. He was badly injured. He couldn’t. It was safer for him. She looked back at Hialo and the other man as they walked closer to her.

“Get away from me.” She growled at them. Hialo laughed at her.

“No wonder you never resisted.” Hialo says. As he got closer Selma rolled over and backed up away from him. She looked around herself and saw a broken pipe. She quickly grabbed the pipe and stood up. Hialo looked a bit surprised that she grabbed something to fight with.
She yelled out and charged at him with the pipe. The broken pipe pierced Hialo’s chest all the way through. Blood splatter her face and clothes.
Hialo looked down at the pipe that was lodged into his chest and coughed up blood. Selma let go of the pipe and Hialo’s body fell to the ground.

The other man looked shock as Selma pulled the broken pipe out of Hialo’s body. “Come after us and I will kill you.” Selma sneered at him.

The man laughed, “I like to see you try.”

Selma yelled once more and ran at him with the broken pipe. He grabbed a little pipe size thing out of his pocket and he hit button and a sword extended out of the little pipe. He blocked the broken pipe but when he did, he had cut the pipe in half.

“Shit!” Selma cursed. She started to dodge him, picking up random pieces off the ground and threw them at him. She looked over and saw a dead soldiers’ body and saw a pistol. She dove down toward the gun. As she grabbed the gun the alien had bought out his gun. It was bigger and it looked like it would pack more of a punch.

“Looks like you lost.”

“In your fucking dreams!” Selma yelled as she rolled out of the way quickly and flipped up on her feet and shot him and she ran around him. She was afraid he would shoot her so she made herself a harder target and ran around him.