I'm Here and I Am Alive

Chapter Three

As Selma ran around the alien and shot him but he was quick. He quickly shot her she stopped in her tracks and held the wound. She groaned as she fell to her knees. She looked down at her abdomen and confirmed that she was shot and was bleeding pretty fast. She looked back up as the alien walked up to her.

“I told you, you won’t be alive.” The alien smirked at her. His strides were quick and he had a little sway to them or maybe it was because Selma was losing her vision. “You won’t be here for long. You won’t even be alive.”

Selma raised her gun slowly, pointing it to his head, “I’m here and I am alive but you won’t be.” She growled as she shot her pistol at his head. When she fired the shot she say his body tense up and twitched but then fell to the ground.

“Zack…you okay?” She coughed up some blood.

“I’m okay. Are you?” Jake got up slowly. He had got some of his energy back as he staggered to Selma. When he looked at her, he saw the blood that swept through her shirt. “Oh my god! You’re bleeding!” He quickly took her arm and helped her up. Once they got up Selma felt heavy and started to fall to the ground bringing Jake with her.

Zack got up on his knees shaking her. “Selma! Stay with me!” He yelled at her.
Selma’s vision was getting blurry once again. She opened her mouth but no words came out.
She heard marching and a few gun fire from all over.

“Hey! You two! Get on the ground!” An unknown voice to both Jake and Selma.
Zack looked up seeing someone for the military. “She needs help! She killed those two things and she was shot! Please save her!”

The guy stopped in front of them and saw the gun on the ground by her hand. “We have to civilians wounded. We medical downtown ASAP.” He spoke into his head piece.

As he said that a loud helicopter was heard. A few medical officers slide down on a rope.

Selma doesn’t remember what happens next. All she remembers is darkness.

When Selma fainted Jake handed her to the medic. The medic opened the bag and grabbed a little spray bottle. He sprayed the stuff onto her wound and it stopped bleeding, called Stem Pax Spray and the medic quickly stitched her up glowing wire. The glowing wire is called Medic Lines. Medic Lines are use for stopping infections from happening while it’s healing.

Zack slowly got up as one of the medics fixed him up and popped his bone back in. He held in a small scream that he wanted to let out but he decided against it. “Is she going to be alright?” He asked the medic.

“She will be fine, son.” The medic smiled gently.

“She saved me.” Zack sigh as he looked up at the medic. The medic that was taking care of his wounds had blonde shaggy hair and green eyes with hint of yellow in them. He looked no older then twenty-five.

“She killed them?” The medic asked looking over at Selma’s body as the other medic placed her on a stretcher.

“May I come with her?” Zack asked. The medic nods his head and led him over.

When Selma woke up she heard voices. “Sir, she’s waking up!” A doctor came over and checked her.

“You wounds seem like they are healing pretty well quicker than normal. Your blood work came out alright besides being a bit abnormal. The computer told me you are a Liouna originated.” The doctor looked at his charts on the transparent tablet.

“My foster parents told me they found me from either a Liuo or Delf shuttle ball.” Selma explained. She looked over to see Zack sleeping on the light blue two person couch. “How long has he been here? How long have I been out?”

“Two days.” The doctor said a bit monotone. He was still studying his charts on his holo-tab. “So, your foster parents found you in a Liouna shuttle ball. Hmm…interesting. Stay right here.”

“Where am I going to go?” Selma rolled her eyes as the doctor walked out of the room. “What if he’s going to bring the military in? What if they are going to experiment on me or-or!” Selma started to look around. It was a plain white room, with a single light blue couch and a single bed that is also all white. She slowly got up and walked over to the bathroom. It’s a simple bathroom light blue floor tile and white tile walls. Selma looked at herself in the mirror. Her skin looked paler the usual, her hair was all over the place. “They must of have washed me up.” She mumbled.

She heard the door clicked open as she was walking out of the bathroom. The doctor came back in with someone that looked like they were part of the P.E.F. (Protect Earth Force). “Ms. Kine?” The doctor looked rather curious at what Selma was doing. Selma shrugged at the doctor turning to look at the new face.

“Selma? Selma, you’re up!” Zack stood up, as he walked over to Selma but then stopped as he saw the unknown man. “What’s going on?” He got really confused staring at the man.

“I am Zane from the P.E.F. Your holo-tabs says you’re Liouna?” He says as he stared down Selma. “If that’s what my holo-tab says then I guess it’s true.” Selma says shrugging. “I’m glad everyone is so interested in what I am.” She mutters as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

Zane stroked the stubble on his chin as he looked Selma up and down. He was analyzing her. Her movements, the way she spoke, and how she acted towards people. “I heard that you killed two of those unknown aliens.” He says, walking around Selma.

“Yeah? So What?” Selma growled angrily, as she watched Zane walk around her. Zack watched Zane as he talked and walked around Selma. “What do you want from Selma?” Zack asked Zane.

“Because we want her to join. Obviously she is the last one of her kind. She killed them single handily. Don’t you want revenge of your home planet? Your parents?” Zane says as Selma tensed up looking down at the floor. Selma thought hard. “Should I? I could find out who I am? What I am? The cultural of my birth place.” She thought as she let her arms swung down.

“My foster parents, and my best friend and her boyfriend, I want to know they got out of here safely.” Selma looked up at Zane, “Then I join.” Zane nods his head in understanding. Wave his head to tell her and Zack to follow him.

“What are their names?” Zane asked Selma.

“Christa and Luke Ling, my foster parents. Jennifer Brown and her boyfriend Fred Hunter.” Selma said as she walked along side him. Zane nod his head Zack grabbed a hold of Selma’s arm.

“Are you sure about this?” He asked her. Selma nods her head. “Yeah. I will get to learn about myself. About my home planet, where I was born.” She looked over at Zack; his eyes were full of concern. He was concerned for her safety, worried that she may not like what she finds about her planet.

“Don’t worry. I will be fine.” Selma says to him as they stopped. “So where are we?” Selma asked as she turned to Zane.

“This is where we look up who made it on the surviving shuttles.” Zane says as he opened the door and walked in. Selma along with Zack walked behind him. Zane sat at the holo computers and started to talk to the computer. “Christa Ling married to Luke Ling.” He says as the computer ran scans and a red alert came up. “I am sorry they are gone.” Zane looks back at Selma as she put her hands over her face. Tears fell from her eyes as she shook her head.

“No. No! This couldn’t have happened! They can’t die! They are my parents. They…I need them.” She whispered as she sobbed into her hands. Zack wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

“Hey, hey. It will be okay. I promise. They wouldn’t have wanted to be like this. They would have wanted you to be happy and safe.” Zack says as he rubbed her back.
Selma rubbed her eyes, whipping her eyes from the tears that had shed. “Thanks. What about Jennifer Brown and Fred Hunter.” She looked up at Zane. Her eyes were puffy red but she had a serious look on her face.

“Jennifer Brown.” Zane said into the computer. The computer did the same mini scan but no red alert came up. “She’s alive. She left in the third shuttle.” Selma smiled at that. Her best friend was okay. She was safe. She was relieved. “Fred Hunter.” Again the computer scanned for Fred. “He’s alive as well. He left on the third shuttle.” Selma smiled and sighs in relief. Her best friend’s boyfriend was alive and safe also.

“I’m so relieved.” Selma spoke out loud. Zack smiled at Selma. He was happy that at the moment she was relieved, happy even. She even cracked a smile. “What is it you want me to do?” Selma asked Zane. Zack frowned; he disapproved of Selma joining the P.E.F. She went through enough already.
Zane smirked, “I need you on the front lines. You are going to learn about the enemy. And you will help survive this war. You will be one of many that will fight to protect Earth. But, who knows we might not be the only threaten by this unknown force. But you have killed two of them. So know we can at least from the bodies about their DNA structure and other things.” He told the two.

Zack stood up, “I can join as a medic.” He says, “I have medic training.” Zane looks at Zack questionably.

“Really? We can use all the medics we can get. Sure.” Zack smiled as he looked over at Selma as she smiled back at him. “Follow me, new recruits.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell what you think of the story so far!