Heaven Knows

Introduction

I walk into the new Avengers Compound my brother built. I walk into the lab where Tony and Bruce are standing over what looks like a body on one of the lab tables.

“Care to explain why I’m being brought out here?” I ask causing the two men in front of me to jump and quickly hide whatever they were looking out. “What are you hiding?”

“The reason I called you here.” Tony replies.

“So this call wasn’t because my big brother missed me?” I scoff, “should have known. But what is the real reason I’ve been summoned to the house of the Avengers?”

“You worked on Project T.A.H.I.T.I. for SHIELD, right?” Bruce asks.

The blood in my veins freeze and my heart stops, “how did you find out about that? T.A.H.I.T.I was a secret and now it’s been dead for a little over a year.”

“Please Maddie, did you forget who your big brother is?” Tony laughs. “Fury didn’t bury it deep enough. But its patients? That’s another story. But that’s another story. We want you to meet your next patient.” He steps aside and pulls the blanket aside revealing a young man, maybe around my age. He’s filled with bullet holes.

“That’s Pietro Maximoff,” Bruce informs me. “He died saving a kid and Clint. He has a twin sister that’s joining us. They were close.”

“And you want me to try and bring him back?” I ask, knowing the answer. “You’re appealing to my emotion as a sister to bring this kid back. Guys, I don’t have access to anything that I had access to when working on T.A.H.I.T.I. Fury is the only one that even knows where the rest of the drug is located.”

Tony holds up a vial I’ve become quite familiar with. “Any other excuses, baby sister?”

“I could say it’s morally wrong but morally wrong and Stark go hand in hand.” I sigh before taking the vial. “I’m only doing this because I know what it’s like to lose a brother. I’m doing it for his twin, not for SHIELD or Avengers…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?