Heaven Knows

And I open bloodshot eyes into fluorescent white

I rush into the part of the compound where the party is located in, scanning the crowd for my brother. Not seeing him, I go to the next best thing… JARVIS. “J, where’s Tony?” I ask the AI.

“Your brother and Doctor Banner are talking with Thor and Captain Rogers over by the bar.” He replies and instantly the bar is lit up.

“Thanks J.” I say before rushing towards my brother, only to be stopped by Barton and Natasha. “Barton, I don’t have time to shoot the shit with you, I’ve got to talk to Tony.”

“I know what you’re doing in the lab, Madison.” He states before briefly looking at Natasha then back at me. “We all know what you’re doing.”

“What is that exactly?” I state, fearing that they know about Pietro.

“Tony told us you were being brought on to be our doctor,” Natasha smiles. “You’ve been preparing haven’t you? When were YOU going to tell us the good news?”

I breathe a sigh of relief,” sorry. I’ve been busy. But I’ve got to go, I really need to find Tony and Bruce.” I excuse myself before making myself to the bar, instantly greeted by the Norse God of Thunder.

“Iron Maiden!” He greets, putting a muscular arm around my shoulders. “It has been awhile since I have been graced with your presence.”

“Hey Thor,” I smile before remove myself from under his arm. “Hey Cap,” I greet Steve. “Bruce, Tony why the hell haven’t either of you been answering your fucking cell phones.”

“Language!” Tony states before shooting a smirk towards Steve, earning a groan and an eyeroll from the soldier. “And we’ve been busy. Why? Have you been calling us?”

“Something happened in the lab,” I vaguely state seeing as though both Thor and Steve are still standing around. “This is something I could use your help with?”

“Is everything okay Madison?” Bruce asks. “Are you alright?”

“I’m fine, better than fine.” I reply, “and everything is getting chaotic and I could really use your help.”

“I can’t just leave the party I’m hosting,” Tony states, “can’t this wait til tomorrow?”

“No, it can’t.” I reply. “If you don’t want to come, I’ll take Bruce. This needs to be taken care of before it gets out of hand. We’re not prepared for what could possibly happen.”

“What’s going on?” Steve asks, eying me up. “What’s happened in the lab?”

“Nothing to concern yourself with Steve,” I reply shooting him a weak smile. I grab Bruce by the hand and look at my brother, “when you can pull yourself away from your duties as party host, we’ll be in the lab.” With that I lead Bruce away from my brother and his other fellow Avengers.

**

“He’s metabolizing the drugs at a rapid rate?” Bruce asks as we walk into Pietro’s room. “What drugs have you tried?”

“Every drug you can think of,” I reply as I take off my white jacket that goes with my dress. “I even thought about upping the dose of pentobarbital but that could lead to respiratory arrest and well death would be counterproductive. I have no idea what to do. I’m having a constant rate infusion of all these drugs and his rapidly going through them. I won’t be able to keep him in a coma for much longer.”

“How is he otherwise?” He asks. “Vital wise.”

“He’s fine, vitals are all within normal limits and his wounds are healing fine. Once I get a hold of the second Cradle Helen is shipping here, he’ll be as good as new.”

“Then why are you worrying?” He chuckles, “it sounds like everything is a success. You brought him back to life now he can be with his sister and join us as an Avenger.”

“I don’t know how stable he’s going to be once he’s completely out of his coma,” I sigh. “He’s stable now and even if he’s stable when he wakes up; he’s not going to know what’s going on. One minute he died the next he’s brought back to life and has been kept away from his sister. He could possibly be hard to control. He’s going to want to go to Wanda but he won’t be able to; not until I run tests. I’m not going to be able to keep him a secret much longer; not when I’m going need more manpower to keep him under control.”

“You’re staying we need to tell more people about this?” Bruce asks.

“At least a few people,” I admit. “I want to tell Clint and Natasha. They could help me. I want Wanda to be the last person to know about this. I don’t want her to see Pietro til he’s fully healed and stable. I don’t want to give her false hope; in case things don’t go as planned.”

“Nothing is going to happen,” Bruce assures me.

“That’s what I thought the first couple experiments we did with T.A.H.I.T.I,” I admit to him. “Things turned out horribly, Bruce. I don’t want this to end up the same way.” Bruce is about to open his mouth when we hear a gasp and coughing coming from the bed. Both of us look and see Pietro sitting up in bed, coughing and looking around. He examines the wires hooked to him before looking right up at us,

“What happened?” He questions. Bruce and I share a look before looking at the silver-haired man in front of us. What do we tell him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Maddie

it's slowly picking up. comment&subscribe?