Sequel: Stronger
Status: Completed

Complicated

Ch 1

Five … four … three … two …

“Enjoy you summer break!” Kellin’s English teacher said as the last bell of the school year rang.
Kellin is going to California this summer to visit his dad, who promised boxing lessons, which was something his mom didn’t like. He walked down the stairs and out the building but before he could leave the school property, he heard his name being shouted from across the lawn with a roll of his eyes, Kellin turned around with a fake smile on his lips.

“Why are you leaving without saying goodbye?”

“Because, my dear Katelynn, I have things to do.”

“Do you want to come over?” then, more flirtatiously, she said, “My parents won’t be home for another three hours.”

“No.” Kellin replied quickly. Not even two minutes into the conversation and he’s already annoyed. Now don’t get him wrong, Katelynn is a wonderful girl, but let’s just say Kellin doesn’t swing that way.

“Hello? Earth to Kellin?”

“I’m sorry, what?” As Katelynn continued to repeat herself, Kellin looked at the time. He’s late. “Sorry to interrupt you doll face, but I have to go.” He bolted of the sidewalk, ignoring the annoyed shouts of his name and ran home.

When he got there, he leaned against the brick wall, panting heavily. He wasn’t made for physical activity, excluding sex.

“Running from Katelynn, I assume?” Kellin smiled as soon as he heard the rough old voice of Norman the doorman named Carl.

Kellin held up a finger, signaling a moment before saying, “It’s not really assuming when you know, now is it Norman?” the old man laughed his hearty laugh as he opened the door for an old woman walking in.

“Get inside Kellin. Your mother came in nearly pulling her hair out because she’s running late.”

“Shit, sorry, I mean crap, no wait, ugh whatever. I’ll see you in August Norman!” Kellin said as he tripped inside the apartment building. He rushed up to the elevator and once it came down, he entered, hitting the 22nd floor button. While he stood on the elevator, he began singing Iris. He turned so he was facing the camera and sang to the Lizzie, the front desk woman. Once he reached his destination, he waved and went home. “Mom?” He called out. “Mom, I’m home.”

“I’m in your room.” She shouted back. Kellin walked to his room and once he got there, he plopped on his bed back first. “No, no, no! There’s no time for that! You need to get your shit together. Your plane leaves tonight.” Kellin let out a dramatic sigh and rolled off his bed. “If you don’t want to go I’d be happy to miss your flight.”

“I want to go. I just don’t want to pack.” Kellin whined. “Mommy,” he whined again. “Do it for me.”

“I’m helping you. Now come on, are you taking your sex toys?”

“Mom!” Kellin shouted. He blushed tomato red.

“Well, next time you think before leaving your dildo and lube out in the open.”

“Oh my god we’re not having this conversation.”

“Well, we should. Honey its ok to be sexually active at your age. I was, but I didn’t use protection and next thing I knew, you were here.”

“Ok, gross! I don’t want to know about that. Ew, no. oh shit, I might throw up.” Kellin began gagging, exaggerating with the noises. “I hope you’re happy. You’ve left me with mental scarring.”

“If I don’t then I’m not doing my job right. But seriously, get off your lazy ass and help me.”

They spent the next few hours putting together Kellin’s suitcase and while they did, they talked and joked around. Kellin loved the relationship he had with his mom. They talked like best friends (most of the time because of they did all the time, she’d know about the dildos from him), they acted like siblings (pranks and joking insults were common), but the best thing would probably be the love his mom has for him. A day never went by when she didn’t say I love you. Even when they’re mad at each other (which rarely happens but it still does), they never go to bed without saying those three words.

Once they were done with the packing, they began lugging them downstairs. All eleven bags plus the carry one. Kellin had many clothes. They said by to Norman the doorman, named Carl and stuffed the luggage into the range rover before driving off to the airport. On the way there, they listened to Kiss, Guns N’ Roses, Nirvana, and other artists. After finding parking, and checking in the bags, they sat in front of the boarding area.

“Are you gonna be upset to wake and realize that this piece of wonderful ass is not there in the morning to make your day better?” Kellin asked as they sat.

“Nope. I get to wake up to peace and quiet and I don’t have to see your ugly mug.” His mom replied seriously. Kellin looked at her in shock, and then she started laughing. “I’m joking love. Of course, I’ll miss you. Who will come into my room and sleep in my bed when they have a nightmare?”

That’s a habit Kellin’s had since he could walk. When he had a nightmare or there was thunder and lighting, five year old Kellin would walk to his mommy’s room with his blanky in hand while tears ran down his face. Now of course, it only happens when Kellin has a nightmare minus the tears.

“Does dad know?” his mom nodded. “And he’s ok with it?”

“Yeah, he is. He supports you; just don’t flaunt it in front of him ok? It’ll take some getting used to.” After that, they sat in silence for about forty minutes then they called Kellin’s flight. “OK baby, call me when you land. Don’t forget about your dear old mommy.” She moved to hug Kellin, holding her only child tightly. “I’ll miss you.” The crack in here voice made Kellin tear up a bit and hug her a bit tighter.

“I’ll miss you too mom. I love you.”

“I love you too baby.” She pulled away and wiped Kellin’s tears. “Say hi to your dad for me. Oh, look at you. You’re growing.”

“Mom,” Kellin said with a laugh. “I’m not moving to college. I’ll be back in august. We’ve gone through this for about six years.”

“I know. I just don’t want you to stay over there.”

“The only way I’ll stay there is if you decide to move out to San Diego.”

“I like Florida better.” The last call for boarding was called and with a final hug and kiss goodbye, Kellin boarded the plane.

*

Kellin stood in the middle of the airport with his luggage when he saw a big poster with his face on it. It read ‘Have you seen this boy?’ his dad was something else. The poster moved closer to Kellin and he would’ve begun walking towards his dad but there’s eleven bags with him.

“Dad!” Kellin shouted over the noise of people. His dad didn’t hear him so Kellin stood on the chair behind him and shouted again. “Dad! Old man! Bald man! Cave man! Dude!” his dad spotted him.

“Kellin! Damn, what happened to your hair? Last time I saw you it was shorter. And blond.”

“I dyed it bluish? Navy blue? Anyways I needed something different.”

“I’ll never be able to keep up with you.”

“It’s because you’re old.”

“I’ll show you old!” His dad picked Kellin up and threw him over his shoulder before spinning. People were starring but they didn’t care. “You’re still as light as ever. You need some protein in you boy.” They gathered the bags and began leaving the airport.

“That’s why I want to take up boxing. Oh, and mom said hi.”

“How is she?”

“Single as ever. I don’t get why you guys can’t get back together.”

“We want different things Kell Bell. You know your mom doesn’t believe in marriage.”

“But she was younger! She’s old now too. I think she secretly wants to marry you.”

“What gives you that idea?” Kellin gave his dad the ‘seriously bro’ face. “What?”

“Dad, when you Skype call me she’s always off to the side.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. Wow you guys are so, never mind.”

“No, what were you going to say?”

“Nothing.”

“Kellin.” His father said in a warning tone.

“Father.” Kellin mimicked.

“Punk.”

“Loser.”

“Anyways, we’re going to stop by the gym real quick.”

“But it’s 12 in the morning.”

“No, it’s nine.”

“Not according to my phone.”

“Well you’re in California now. It’s nine.”

“Who’s at the gym then?”

“Someone I’d like for you to meet.” A few minutes later, they pulled up to an old looking gym and walked inside. “Take a look around, I’m going to see if my friend is here.”

Kellin immediately went to the locker rooms to see if it smelled like feet. On his way there, he was looking around and for being distracted, he walked into what felt like a brick wall with skin. Kellin fell on his back with a groan.

“Watch where the fuck your walking kid.” A man growled.

“I could say the same for you to retard.” Kellin sassed back.

“What did you say?” the guy quickly picked Kellin up by the collar until his feet were barely scraping the floor.

“You heard me. Or what? You need me to speak slower?” just as the guy pulled his fist back, voice were heard and Kellin found himself on his back again.

“You better watch it peep-squeak. You don’t know who you’re messing with.” He whispered as he turned back around and began punching the punching bag.

“Ah, Kellin, I see you met Vic.” His father said. “This is his dad, Victor Sir., He owns the place.”

“More like I met his back.” Kellin mumbled. Then saying louder, “When can I start? I need to grow some muscles.” Vic snorted, catching the attention of the two older men.

“Is there something funny Victor?” his father asked.

“No papa, just. He’s a bit skinny, isn’t he? I mean, he walked into me and fell.”

“Ah, but that where you come in.”

“What?”

“You’re going to train Kellin for the summer annual Fist O’ Furry competition in August.” Kellin’s father said.

“What!” both Vic and Kellin shouted.

“So get to know each other because you guys will be spending quite some time together. Now let’s go Kellin, I bet the jetlag is starting to catch up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Soz for my awkward ending but yay new story