Sequel: Stronger
Status: Completed

Complicated

Ch 10

“Kellin! Kellin is that you on the roof?”

“Shut up!” he yelled back at the pestering voice. “I’m sleeping!”

“Kells you’re on the roof! Get down!”

“Suck my left nut!”

The voice didn’t reply and Kellin tried to wiggle into the warmth of his bed. However, this wasn’t his bed. This bed was hard and cold. With an annoyed sigh, Kellin opened his eye, only to be met with a harsh light. His head began hurting and so did his eyes. Slowly, Kellin opened his eyes and saw the sun in the sky. He looked around and saw roofs. Why was he on the roof?

“Kellin!” someone shouted from inside his room. Upon hearing his name, Kellin slowly sat up but yelped when he felt something cold and wet under his ass. He took the object out from underneath him and saw that it was a beer bottle. Explains a lot of things to be honest. Kellin carefully walked down the roof and through his window. There stood Mike with an angered face. “What the hell!”

“Can you not shout?” Kellin groaned. “What are you doing here anyways?”

“I came by to see where you were because yesterday, your dad called my dad freaking out because he couldn’t find you and then Vic calls my dad saying that you called him drunk and th- what happened to your face?” Kellin raised his hands to his cheeks and hiss in pain at the stinging sensation that occurred right after.

“I don’t know.”

“It’s, it’s a hand print. Who hit you?”

“No one. Now leave. I’m tired and I’m alive.”

“Come on Kells-.”

“Don’t call me that!” Kellin shouted which he quickly regretted because his head thumped even more. “Just-just leave me alone please. Look, tomorrow we can practice and then that’s it. After that, I’m leaving. I’m going back to Florida and you won’t ever have to see me again.” Kellin stripped out of his clothes and climbed into bed, falling asleep when his head hit the pillow.

*

“Why are you acting weird?” Vic asked as he stared at his brother.

“Weird? Whose acting weird, no one’s acting weird.”

“Michael.”

“Look, don’t worry about it. You just get better and then I’ll tell you everything after.”

“Mikey, can you come get some food with me?” Tony asked out of nowhere. Mike nodded and followed him out to the stairs. “Hey, what’s wrong? You tell Vic everything and now you’re acting weird.”

“It’s … its Kellin.” Mike said with a sigh as they walked down. Tony knew there was more to be said so he stopped walking and sat on a step. Mike sat down next to him and placed his head on his shoulder. “He’s leaving. After the fight, he’s moving back to Florida. Said we’ll never see him again.”

“Aw, poor Kellin. But Vic caused this. If he hadn’t said those things, Kellin wouldn’t be lashing out.”

“That’s the thing Tone; Vic isn’t the type of person who’d send someone to talk for him. He’d tell Kellin face to face to never come back.”

“Well, he is in a hospital and Dani was the only one there so it’s best if we just let them work this out. Come here.” Tony pulled back and kissed Mike on the cheek.

“Now, let’ go get food because I’m hungry.” Mike snuck in and stole a kiss off of Tony’s lips.

“Now let’s go.” He said with a wink.

“You’re stupid!” Tony said with a laugh. “I’ll race you down to the cafeteria!”

*

“Kellin?”

“Go away!”

“C’mon Kells, let me in.”

“Why, so you can hit me again?”

“Look, I’m sorry.”

“Doesn’t make it better.”

“What about if I told your mother and got bitched at?” the door opened a bit and in stepped his father. He took a seat at the end of the bed.

“What do you want?” Kellin said from under his blankets.

“Look, I didn’t mean to hit you ok? I was just mad and I shouldn’t have touched you. However, you should know that I never bailed out on you guys. Your grandma wasn’t too keen on the age difference between your mother and me. I worked my ass off while I was in college to make sure you had all the necessities. Your mother and I, we tried to work it out so you can grow up in a stable home but your grandma was medaling. We ended up breaking it off and then I’d just meet your mother at the park every day after school. Then I got a job out in New York working for a major law firm. I talked with your mother and she said to take it. I didn’t want to miss you growing up but she said that I’d be able to provide a better life for you if I took every chance I could. I video called every day and I was able to hear your first word. It was mama. I never abandoned you; I was just trying to make sure you were being provided for. Between your mother, and me we made sure you had everything. Kellin, you are my first and only child. My goal is to make sure you’re as happy as can be.” By the end of the little story, Kellin’s dad was crying.

“I-I’m sorry.” Kellin cried. “I didn’t know.”

“It’s ok son. We just never told you how things were. It’s not your fault. Your mother and I are at fault here. Look, why don’t you Skype your mom then, after that, you can sleep all day.” Kellin nodded and grabbed his laptop. His dad walked out as the ringing blared throughout the room.

“Hi baby.” His mom answered with a sad smile.

“Hey mom.” Kellin replied while he wrapped his blanket tighter around himself.

“Let me see your cheek.” She demanded. Kellin turned and showed her the mark. “Why that mother fucker!” She yelled vividly. “Kellin I want you home right now! I don’t care what’s going on I wa-.”

“Mom,” Kellin interrupted. “I can’t go home yet.”

“Why not?”

“I have to do a competition to do.”

“Competition?”

“Yeah, a, um, boxing competition.” Kellin saw the fire in his mom’s eyes. “Look, it’s nothing dangerous just, trust me.”

“Fine, whatever. When is it?”

“A week and a half.”

“Are you ready?”

“Honestly no but all I can do is practice.”

“Anything new happening?” his mom said, trying to change the conversation.

“I met someone.”

“Oh, who?”

“This guy named Vic.” Kellin said with a blush coating his cheeks.

“And how old is he?”

“A few years older.” Kellin whispered.

“How many years Kellin?”

“Five?”

“Kellin!”

“I’m sorry.”

“Who did you meet him?” his mom said with a disappointed sigh.

“He was training me.”

“Was?” Kellin then went into explaining everything that happened, feeling a sense of relief, being able to talk about everything that’s been stressing him. At the end, Kellin’s mom sat there, shocked. “All that happened in five weeks?” Kellin simply nodded. “Is Vic good in bed at least?”

“Mom!” Kellin squealed. His mom just looked at him. “Yes.” He sighed. “Really good.” She began laughing, causing Kellin to laugh too. “I have a question though.” His mom stopped laughing and motioned him to continue. “Why do you call dad Joe but everyone else calls him Richard?”

“Because he’s always drinking coffee.” She said with a smile. “When we met, he was practically living on coffee.”

They talked for another hour before Kellin began yawning. With a goodbye, Kellin closed the computer and fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
three chps left and im crying