Sequel: Stronger
Status: Completed

Complicated

Ch 2

Kellin’s jetlag finally began wearing off after a week. He slept normally, or as normal as you can get considering he slept at three in the morning only to wake up twelve hours later. And today was no different except that his eyes went wide when ice-cold water was dropped over him at ass crack in the morning (it was eight thirty but still too early). He sat up quickly while a (not so) manly yelp escaped his mouth. Kellin look to his right and saw Vic standing there with a bucket in hand and a smirk on his face.

“Wake up princess. Training starts today.”

“Fuck you. How did you get in?”

“I let him in, is there a problem?” his dad said as he walked into Kellin’s room.

“Um, yeah? I was kind of sleeping if you didn’t notice.” Kellin remarked sassily.

“He did notice. Vic tried waking you what for thirty minutes and the only thing left to do was to dump water.”

“But not iced water!”

“It still worked.”

“Fuck off. I’m going back to sleep.”

“Kells, your training remember? You wanted this now do it.”

“But why so early?” Kellin whined.

“Because,” Vic cut in. “Winners make sacrifices and if you’re a winner, then you better act like one.”

“No one asked for your opinion smartass.”

“Kellin!” his father remarked. “That’s enough. We’ll be waiting for you downstairs. Twenty minutes tops.”

Both Vic and Kellin’s dad walked out of the room and when they were out of sight, he threw himself back on the bed falling on some ice cubes, making him curse out loudly.

*

“Show me how you fight.”

“I don’t fight actually. I’m quite the pacifist. I can talk a lot though and that’ll just annoy the shit out of whoever is bothering me-.”

“Then why the fuck do you want to be in Fist O’ Furry competition?” Vic asked slightly annoyed.

“I don’t. I just wanted to do basic boxing. I don’t even know what this competition is.”

“You’re so irritating.” Vic groaned.

“No one asked you to train me.”

“Yeah, you’re right. I was forced.” Both boys were staring at each other with such annoyance; it could be cut with a knife.

“Yo, Vic!” Someone called. Vic turned around and his eyes landed on three guys walking in his direction. Kellin took this moment to flee to the locker room to retrieve his phone (hide). He went to his designated locker and pulled out his god (phone). Turing around, he was met with an annoyed and angry Vic.

“What?”

“Put the phone back.”

“Um, no? Now excuse me, I have people to attend to.”

“Put it back Kellin.” Vic’s patience was clearly running short and Kellin wanted to see just how far he could go. If he’s lucky, Vic will give up and Kellin can finally be in peace.

“No.” Kellin said, dragging out the word.

“Now!” Vic shouted as he punched the locker next to Kellin’s head, leaving a dent in the process.

“Kiss. My. Ass.” That’s it. Kellin knew he was going to die today. He shut his eyes tight and turned his face, waiting for the punch that never came. He slowly opened his eye and saw Vic being surrounded by the three guys who called for him earlier. The pure anger that Vic showed in his face sparked something in Kellin. Arousal.

“You should leave.” The guy with gauges said. “Now.”

He didn’t have to be told twice. Kellin opened his locker and took out his crap before calmly walking out of the locker room in search for his dad.

Back in the locker room, Vic was shaking with anger. His eyes were locked in the same spot that brat was standing in minutes ago. How dare he come onto Vic’s territory and think he owns shit. However, this is just the beginning because like Vic said earlier; winners make sacrifices and if little Kellin wants to be a little bitch well then Vic is more than happy to sacrifice his kind act and start treating him like one.

Kellin had better watch his back because Vic will come at him full force.

*

“Kellin, I don’t understand what’s going on in your head.” His dad said followed with a sigh. “I thought you wanted to do this.”

“I do dad, but I didn’t sign up to do some competition. I just wanted to do some basic boxing.”

“You’re right. I’m sorry. I assumed you’d want to.”

“Can’t you just pull my name out?”

“No can do bud. Once your name is in, it’s in.”

“Dad!” Kellin whined, dragging out the ‘A’ annoyingly. “What’s so important about this damn competition anyways?”

“The Fist O’ Furry happens every three years and only the best of the best ever compete. Vic was in it and he whooped the poor boys ass but it wasn’t enough. Then, when Vic had to go up again, they put him up with a strong, big guy. Vic lost. The trophy has been in his dad’s gym for eight consecutive competitions so the fact that he lost it made him angry. Victor was ok with it though. Shit, he’s even friends with man that has it in his gym! Nevertheless, Vic still didn’t care. He wants that trophy to be back here.”

“I don’t get what that has to do with me or whatever. If he wants to get the trophy back, why doesn’t he just compete again?”

“That isn’t for me to say Kells. But, believe it or not, you’re Vic’s only hope to get that trophy back there, to give him something feeling proud of. His dad is making him train you, and I consented to it, because we knew you’d be getting the best training out there.”

“Do I have to?” Kellin said sadly.

“Even if you don’t want to, you’re going to.”

Kellin should’ve listened to his mom.

*

Later that night, Kellin was sitting in front of the laptop, Skype calling his mom. His dad was in the kitchen attempting to cook. Key word attempt.

“Hi sweetie.” His mom answered happily.

“Hey mom.”

“How is the California sun treating you?”

“The same the Florida sun does. So what’s up? Cried over my shrine in your closet yet?”

“Yes Kellin.” His mom replied with an eye roll and a smile. “I spend every morning and night locked away in my closet worshiping your imaginary shrine.” And just as Kellin was about to reply, his dad called for him from the kitchen. “What’s going on?”

“Dad is trying to cook. You’re coming with because I have no clue what he did or how long it’ll take to clean.” Despite his mother’s protests, Kellin picked up the laptop and made his way towards the danger zone. “Yeah dad?”

“I think, and I’m not sure, I burnt water.” His dad said as he looked into the pot that was over the flame.

“Joe, you can’t burn water. It evaporates.” Kellin can say, with positivity, that his father’s neck wasn’t supposed to crack like that. “What? No hi?”

“Melissa, no, hey. Sorry caught me by surprise that’s all.” Kellin placed the movable computer down on the counter and went to evaluate the problem. His mom was right the water did evaporate.

“Can you guys keep each other company while I work on this?” not waiting for a response, Kellin plugged in his earphones and began making the spaghetti.

He most definitely did not notice the heart eyes that were present throughout the time he was in the kitchen, though. It went unmentioned while they ate too, with his mom still on the screen. But it was painfully gross.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the gross ending but yes, this is my fave story so far