Sequel: Stronger
Status: Completed

Complicated

Ch 5

There was grunting and moaning when Mike walked into the gym. It sounded like a male and a female were having sex. As he looked around, he found the place empty. Listening more closely, he heard the noises coming from the men’s locker room. He tiptoed back there and pressed his ear to the door.

“Shit.” He heard someone groan. “Yeah, that’s good.” The person grunted. The more he kept hearing, the more clearly he could tell its Vic. Making a face of disgust, Mike began leaving when he heard a loud shout of Vic’s name. Mike left the building scarred for life.

*

“It’s so heavy!” Kellin whined. He had his back pressed against a wall that was actually a secret door (“why do you guys have this?” “My dad wanted something personal.” “Then why are we going in here.” “I’m looking for something.”). As he pushed the door back, he grunted. When he it didn’t move, he was left panting heavily. “I give up!”

“No, come on. Help me!”

“Vic, I tried to help you but the door won’t open. Are you even sure this is the right door slash wall thingy?”

“Honestly, no bu-.”

“Victor!” Kellin screeched. He began slapping Vic all over the body. “You’re an asshole!”

“Shit.” Vic grunted from the hard smacks he was receiving. There’s only one way of stopping the abuse. “Yeah, that’s good.” Vic moaned with a smirk. “Keep doing that baby, making me really hard.” Kellin’s hands froze. “Why’d you stop? I was getting into it!”

“You kinky shit face. Just … hurry up. I’m tired and I want to sleep.”

“Fine. But you’re not sleeping. We still have to practice.” Before Kellin could say anything, Vic walked behind him and placed his hands on his shoulders, rubbing them. That caused Kellin to moan out in bliss. “If you do well today, we can have sex later.” Vic whispered in his ear before nibbling on the ear lobe. He trailed kisses up and down Kellin’s neck, looking for his pulse. Once he found it, he latched on and began sucking on that spot harshly.

Kellin came with a loud shout of Vic name.

*

“So Vic, care to tell me where you where this morning?” Mike asked with a smirk as soon as Kellin and Vic walked in through the door.

“The gym? Dude, you should know this by now.”

“Did you have anyone there with you?” before Vic could properly reply, Mike continued. “I went there to get my earphones I left in the locker room but when I got
there, I heard you having sex with a girl.”

That caused Vic to burst out laughing and Kellin to blush. He did not sound like a girl, thank you very much.

“No, actually,” Vic took a few deep breaths before continuing, “I was with Kellin and we were moving stuff because I was looking for something I left in the gym a few years ago.”

“Then why did it sound like he was moaning your name?” Mike asked with squinted eyes.

“Because he wouldn’t help me move the heavy thing out of the way.” Kellin piped in.

“I thought you guys hated each other.” Mike stated.

“We do.” Vic answered as calmly as he could. “So to make this as painful as possible, I’m making him do exercises that aren’t necessary.”

“Mhm, I’m onto you guys. Whatever you’re hiding, I’ll find out about it. Mark my words. Oh, and don’t forget you have to pick up Dani-.”

“Ok, shut up I know.” Mike rolled his eyes and walked to his room.

“No offense, but your brother is weird.”

“You’re telling me. I have to deal with that on a daily basis.”

“I am so happy that I’m an only child.”

“Ok, now we’re going outsi-.”

“What? Outside? It’s hot like Satan’s balls!”

“Too bad. We’re going to work on your upper body strength. Get going.”

Kellin grumbled his way to the backyard, but stopped when he got to the door. There was Vic’s dad with a woman. She had obvious bleached hair and an ugly tan. She reminded Kellin of a ganguro girl. Vic bumped into Kellin’s back, causing Kellin to turn back at him.

“Wow.”

“What?”

“I don’t want to be rude but you mother-.”

“My mother what?” Vic growled as his expression turned cold.

“She looks-.”

“You don’t know what she looks like.”

“Then who’s that outside with your dad?”

Vic froze. He stood there staring at Kellin before shoving him aside and stepping out the door. Kellin mumbled a small ‘rude’, before following him out back. The woman stopped talking, causing Vic’s dad to look behind him.

“Ah, Vic, Kellin, I would like you to meet-.”

“A troll?” Vic spat. This shocked Kellin. He knew Vic was rude but he assumed it was only if you got on his bad side. This woman seems to not know who Vic was so why the rudeness. Then again, Vic was rude the first day they met.

“Victor!” his dad reprimanded.

“What? It’s true.” the woman looked uncomfortable. “Right Kellin?”

“Vic, stop you’re being rude.” Kellin whispered.

I’m being rude? No one wants her here so she should get that through her thick skull. All I’m saying is the truth. She’s the one isn’t she? The one who wants to replace mom?”

“I-I’m not trying to replace your mother.” The woman said softly. “I know how much she meant still means, to you all.”

“Well if you do then leave.”

“Victor!” his dad shouted the same time Kellin gripped Vic’s hand. “Apologize this instant!”

“No!” he shouted back. “We don’t need her here! You just don’t love mom!” he felt Kellin trying to pull him away but he stood his ground. Only pussies back down, Vic thought.

“I love your mother Vic! Marina knows that.”

“Does she? If she did, she wouldn’t be here!” at that, Vic’s dad walked towards him with the back of his hand up in the air ready to smack Vic. “Do it.” Vic said through gritted teeth as a single tear ran down his check. “Fucking hit me! Do it!” he ended up shouting.

“Vic let’s go, come on.” Kellin whispered as he pulled on his hand. This time Vic let himself be pulled. They ended outside, in the front yard, behind the big willow tree. “Hey, it’s ok. I need you to breathe for me.”

“I-I-I need to leave. Can’t-can’t be here.”

“No, no, no, no, Vic you need to calm down before you do something.”

“Need to see her.”

“Ok, I’ll get the car keys and you can drive but you need to breathe and calm down. Where are the keys?”

“Ki-kitchen.” Kellin ran inside and into the kitchen. He saw the keys on the counter. As he left, he saw Victor Sir, crying into his hands as Marina comforted him. He left the house again. Silently handing Vic the keys, he just stood there and watched Vic walk toward the car. Vic turned around and said, “Come.”

*

Kellin was startled when he saw Vic drive them into the cemetery. They drove past hundreds of tombstones until they reached the very back. There, stood a tall tombstone under two big, old willow trees. Vic got down and motioned Kellin to get down too. They met on Kellin’s side and Vic linked their fingers together before pulling Kellin in the direction he memorized since forever.

“Kellin, this is my mom. Mom, this is Kellin.”

“Hi Mrs. Fuentes, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” It felt a bit odd, but he was doing this for Vic. He felt movement around his hand and saw that Vic sat on the grass. Vic patted the space in between his legs and Kellin sat there. It all made sense now. “When my mom called me the other day, you said, “Well enjoy here while you have her, because you never know when you’ll lose her.”. It’s because your mom is …”

“Dead? You can say it. My mom is dead. But yeah that’s what I meant. You should cherish your mom.”

“Can, can I call my mom right now?”

“Yeah, go ahead.” Kellin was about to get up but Vic wrapped his arms around his waist and placed his chin on his shoulder. “Don’t leave.”

“Hello, mom?”

“Hi sweetie! How are you?”

“I’m good, just wanted to call and say that I love you.”

“Aw, baby, I love you too.” Hearing his mom say that caused Kellin’s eyes to tear up a bit. “Is everything ok?”

“Yeah, everything’s perfect. Just wanted to … yeah.”

“Ok, love. Well, I must go. I’m working.”

“Yeah, sorry. Bye.” When his mom said bye, Kellin hung up and laid his head on Vic’s shoulder with his eyes closed.

“Beautiful, isn’t it? Being able to just ring her up whenever and say you love her.”

“Tell me about your mom?” Kellin asked.

And Vic did. They spent the afternoon laying in front of the tombstone with Vic reminiscing about his mom; telling stories about the shenanigans he and Mike used to get up to when they were younger and the way his mom would try to be serious but failing. And Kellin smiled as he pictured a younger version of the brothers putting yogurt in each other’s hair because they wanted Mohawks. Vic ended up showing Kellin a picture of his mom he had in his wallet and the resemblance was there. Vic was a spitting image of his mom.

Kellin realized as they drove back home, because they were kicked out due to it becoming darker, that Vic wasn’t as bad as he appeared. He was just a boy who was hurting because he lost his mother and his only way to cope was to be aggressive. Vic was misunderstood and Kellin wanted to be the first person in understanding him.
♠ ♠ ♠
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH