Sequel: Stronger
Status: Completed

Complicated

Ch 6

“I seriously can’t believe you Vic. I was waiting for you for two fucking hours! And where were you? In that godforsaken gym, doing god knows what! I’m yo-.”

​​​“Shut the fuck up before I kick your ass out my truck.” Vic growled.

​​​It was a shit day today. First, Kellin was PMSing so practice was shit, then Mike came to bitch at him for being rude to Marina, and lastly, his dad ‘grounded’ him. Like, seriously come on. Vic is fucking twenty years old and he works, much too old to be getting grounded in all honesty.
​​​So yeah, to say Vic is being a bit moody is an understatement.

​​​“-uo even listening to me?” her shrilly voice screeched. “I swear it’s like I’m talking to a wall.” She grumbled. “Ever since your mom die-.” She yelped as Vic pulled the truck over to the curb.

​​​“Get. Out.” Vic said through clenched teeth. “Find your way to a hotel and don’t fucking call me while you’re here.”

​​​“What the hell is your problem?” she shouted.

​​​“Fine, you won’t do it yourself, I’ll help you. Girlfriend.” Vic took the keys out and went to the back where he pulled out luggage after luggage, grumbling about bitches being annoying and everyone being against him. When Vic realized that she still hasn’t gotten out of the car, he walked over to the passenger side and yanked the door open. “Get out you selfish bitch!” when she refused, Vic said, “Fine, I’ll help you out instead.” He gripped her bicep tightly and pulled her out, making her stumble in the process.

​​​“What the hell you is your problem?” she shouted. “Are you insane?”

​​​“Yes and you fucking pushed me over the cliff!” Vic shouted back. He got into the truck and locked the doors, preventing his girlfriend from coming in. she banged on the window, yelling at Vic to let her in. “Assholes want to get mad at me for no fucking reason.” He mumbled as he started the car and drove off, leaving her in the dust. “Kellin is PMSing, my dad is dating some slut, Mike won’t mind his own fucking business and now Danielle is bitching at me for being mad. Ha! I’m allowed to be mad.”

​​​He was speeding down the streets, barely dodging cars, in his red vision rage. He failed to see the police car hiding. Two seconds later, he heard the infamous sound of the sirens. Pulling over, Vic’s anger only increased.

​​​“Do you know why I pulled you over young man?”

​​​“Because you’re a racist police officer who’s racial profiling.”

​​​“No, you were going almost one hundred in a forty-five. Are you under the influence of any drugs and or alcohol at the moment?”

​​​“No I’m not.” Vic said before grinding his teeth.

​​​“I want you to step out of the car for a moment.”

​​​“Why? There’s no reason for that to happen. All you need to do is give me my fucking ticket and I’ll be on my way.”

​​​“Don’t tell me how to do my job.” The officer said, pointing a wrinkled finger at Vic.

​​​“I wouldn’t have to if you were doing your job right. Now, can I please get my ticket so I can leave?” the officer gave in and wrote the citation. “Thank you.” Vic said as he snatched it out of his greasy fingers.

​​​“Somebody help that boy.” The officer said as he watched Vic drive off. “He’s crying out for it.”

​​​*

​​​“Victor, pick up the damn phone! What the hell happened with Danielle?”

​​​“Vic where are you? Danielle called dad fucking crying. What happed? Call me to at least say you’re fine ok?”

​​​“Uh, hey Vic. Mikey called and said that they couldn’t find you so I was calling to make sure you’re ok. Give me a call when you hear this bye.”

​​​“Yo, Vic, Mike and Tone are looking for you all over the city; your dad went to the police station because no one can find you and they left me here at your house in case you come back.”

​​​“Um Vic? Please call me yeah? Everyone’s worried because they can’t find you. I’m, um, I’m worried. I-I don’t what happened but please just call, or even text so we know you’re ok. Yeah, that’s it. Bye.”


​​​Vic listened to the voicemails as he sat at the edge of the cliff, his legs swaying with the wind. With a sigh, Vic got up and walked towards the truck. He didn’t want to go home but there’s no other choice unless he felt like sleeping out in the middle of nowhere. He was four hours away from home and it was already twelve.

​​​Once he was on the highway, after the two hour long drive on the creepy dirt road, Vic began getting sleepy and lightheaded. He shook his head, think that’ll help but it just caused a headache to occur. He was swerving a bit, almost crashing into a trailer. The young man scolded himself for not bring anything to eat or drink.

​​​Then it all happened in slow motion.

​​​He looked down and saw blood soaked into his shirt where his arms were. The sound of a horn caused him to look up, like a deer would when they’re caught in the headlights, and then the sound of glass shattering was heard. A few milliseconds later, his body jolted forward and out of the window shield. That’s right he forgot his seatbelt. There was a sound of someone screaming.

​​​Vic, using all his strength to move his head to the side, saw a bright orange flame emerge out of the other truck, swallowing not only both trucks but the scream as well. His body ached. Moving his head to look up at the stars, Vic noticed the way they shined brighter out in the open. One in particular caught his attention.

​​​“I’m coming with you mom.” He said as his eyes slowly closed.

​​​*

​​​Kellin sat on the couch nibbling on his fingernails along with everybody else. Six phones were laid out on the coffee table, being stared at, waiting for the call to put everyone at ease. Glancing at the clock, Kellin let out a sigh. It was only three thirty in the morning. The last time he saw Vic was at five and things didn’t go so well. Ten and a half hours of no communication with Vic was causing anxiety for Kellin.

​​​The sound of a phone ringing made everyone jump and scramble towards their device. The sound came from the home phone in the kitchen. Victor Sir rushed towards it, answering with a quick hello. They followed him into the medium sized area, all waiting for something, anything. The color drained from his face while the phone was still pressed against his ear, then it slipped. Kellin’s dad immediately grabbed it and talked to the stranger on the other line. He too lost the color on his face but didn’t freeze as his best friend did.

​​​“Boys, put your shoes on.”

​​​“Dad what’s wrong?” Kellin asked.

​​​“I’ll tell you when we get there. Right now, you need to put your shoes on. Mike can you please bring your father’s shoes.” The four boys did as they were told and soon enough, they all piled into the Excursion.

​​​When they pulled up to the hospital, everyone sort of froze. It was as if reality had stuck her knife into the insides and twisted it. They came out and walked inside.

​​​“Hi, I’m the father of Victor Vincent Fuentes. I got a call from someone saying he’d be here.”

​​​“I’m sorry sir, there is no one registered under that name here. From what location did they call you from?”

​​​“I don’t remember. They said something about using a helicopter to bring him here though.”

​​​“Ah yes.” He said as he began typing into his computer. “They will be here in about five minutes. I don’t know how long they’ll be examining him or the degree of his injuries. Depending on his injuries though, he’ll be either in the ICU or on the fifth floor for recovery. You’re all more than welcome to stay here for the mean time and I’ll tell you if anything comes up.”

​​​“Ok, thank you.”

​​​One hour later, the nurse came up to them to escort them to Vic’s room. “Only one person is allowed in at the moment. Who will it be?”

​​​“Kellin.” Vic’s dad said. Kellin just looked at him wide eyed. “You’re the only one, besides his mom, who was able to help him when he was angry the other day. You deserve to see him.”

​​​“Oh-ok. Yeah. I’ll go.” Kellin stood in front of the door for a few seconds, not knowing what to expect. Placing his hand on the handle. Kellin took a deep breath before opening the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta-Da ?