Status: just messing around with ideas

Blame It All on My Roots

Chapter 10

"What do you mean she's in bloody Scotland?" Harry half screamed at his sister in law, feeling the hurt of losing Magnolia pulsing through his body. "Harry I can give you the directions to where she is if you calm down and listen." He nodded, his vision blurring from the tears. "Mag is on a two week holiday in Quiraing on the Isle of Skye." "That's 2 days drive from here. I need to go now." He choked out before going to his room and packing his things.

One week into my trip I had become perfectly settled in Quiraing, it was charming and the sights were breathtaking. I had decided to take a running trail to the Quiraing Cliffs, per Stuart's suggestion.
"Enjoy your run!" Stuart waved as I started on the trail off the main road, "Call me if you get lost." he added. I trekked on, steadily uphill to the higher elevation. The trail was lonely and peaceful, the cool air rushed past my body, becoming stronger the higher up I got. I stopped when I got close to the edge, the ridges, lakes, and peaks rolled across the landscape as the green began to fade in autumn tones of reds and oranges. I pulled my phone out to take a picture of it to add to my travel wall in my apartment.
"I always knew you liked to run, never thought you'd run from me." I practically snapped my neck, turning it so fast to see Harry with trembling hands behind me, "Wha-what, how did you know I was here?" "A lad in town said you had gone on the trail to the cliffs," Damnit Stuart. "Mag, you scared me half to death. You weren't in your flat, no calls, no texts, nothing, you just disappeared." "When did you start to care about what I was doing?" "I never stopped caring." "You have a funny way of showing it Mr. Party Prince." I rolled my eyes at the memory of the tabloid covers. "Love, just let me explain." "Well you've cornered me on a cliff, so explain away." He let out a small chuckle and smile at my humor before getting serious again. "When I came home from Afganistan I was a different man. The media had found out my location and I couldn't serve my country without threatening the lives of all of my lads there. I was so angry I didn't know what to do, I felt like I had failed at my duty and had disappointed those around me. Magnolia when you told me you were proud of me before I left," He paused and looked down and the ground, taking a few deep breaths, "I felt like I had let you down and I pulled away. I don't know why the hell I did it, but I did. I went back to who I was before you and it took losing you for me to realize what a bloody fool I am." He looked at me with tears in his eyes. In those big blue eyes I could see every ounce of him. When I saw a tear fall; my heart broke all over again. "Ha-harry." I muttered out quietly. "Love, I'm sorry." He said holding my sweaty and teary eyed face in his hands, before pressing a kiss into my forehead.
"I'm so gross right now." I laughed into his chest, holding onto him tightly. "Even dripping in sweat I love you." "I love you too Wales." He rested his chin on my head and let out a sigh, "Its beautiful out here."

"Harry can I ask something?" "Anything, love." "Can we go public?" I asked as the town of Quiraing came into view. "If that's what you really want." "Do you not want to?" "It'll change things drastically, you'll be hounded, they'll dig up dirt from your past, I just don't want the press to drive us apart." "I wanna be all in with you. I'm ready if you are." "Let's do it, love."