Status: just messing around with ideas

Blame It All on My Roots

Chapter 11

"Ha-harry?" I asked mid yawn. "Love, did you just wake up?" "Uh yea." "Mag its past noon." "Its my off day Har, I sleep late, plus I've got a pounding headache." "I'll be over in about an hour with some lunch, feel better love." "Aw thank you." "No problem love. See you soon." "I love you." "I love you too." I tapped the screen, ending the call. I stood up from my bed and was immediately flooded with dizziness. I shifted back and fell onto the bed, what was wrong with me? I stood up again, shaky, but was able to walk out of my room. My vision grew blurrier the close I got to the couch, everything began spinning again. The pain form my headache grew more intense with every step, much worse than any migraine I had experienced. I fumbled with my phone, but couldn't seem to get a call since I couldn't see well, my whole body felt weighted, and I sunk down to the floor with a thud. I reached for my phone, but my vision was completely dark and I began to become extremely confused, I couldn't hear, it was dark, I couldn't move. I had no control of what was happening.
"I brought your favorite!" Harry called, opening the door. Richard stepped in to do a sweep and gasped, "Sir, call an ambulance now." Harry dropped the bag and ran into the apartment, "Mag!" Harry shrieked upon seeing her unusually pale body in a lump on the floor. He knelt down next to her and pulled her into his arms, her body was cold and clammy. He called the emergency services and he voice shook as he spoke, "Uh-uh. My girlfriend she's collapsed, she's not waking up, she's cold." "Sir is she breathing?" He looked down, and saw her chest rising barely, "Yes, but it looks weak." "Sir I have sent an ambulance, they will be there in no time. Just remain calm." He couldn't stay calm as he held her against his body, after hanging up the phone he whispered to her,
"Mag, baby? Please wake up, please be okay. I love you, can you hear me Magnolia?" He was babbling, his eyes welled up with tears the shallower her breaths became.
"Sir, EMS is here we need to step away." Richard said pulling him away from his love. He watched as they gave her oxygen and placed her small body on a gurney, "May I go with her?" He asked as they wheeled her away, "Your highness only family is allowed to travel with a patient." He nodded, before going to his car with Richard. The press that hung outside of her building went crazy, snapping pictures and yelling at the panicked royal.

Harry tapped his foot in the waiting room for eight hours waiting on word from a doctor. Richard stood close to protect the prince, and tried to provide some comfort.
"Family of Magnolia Sterling?" "Her family isn't here yet, They're flying in from the US." "Okay, well your highness, there's no easy way to say this." The doctor said sitting down next to a trembling Harry, "She's not gone, she can't be. Mag is stronger than that." He muttered. "Sir, she's alive, but she's had a very serious brain hemorrhage. She's extremely lucky, but she will be kept comatose until her family can decide on how best to proceed." "Wait is she on life support? Could she die? You won't let her die." "Your highness, if they allow us to proceed with the operation she will survive, but there is no way to determine how much damage there is. There's a lot of swelling on her cerebral cortex, there could be memory loss, mobility loss, anything really. Did Miss Sterling ever seem stressed, or have any problems attributed to stress?" "About four months ago she had mentioned having some issues with blood pressure. But she never really said too much about it. I had worried maybe being so open to the public caused it." "I'm going to look into this more, please have her family go to the desk when they arrive so they may see her." "May I not see her?" "Your highness, I'm sorry but only family is allowed to see the patient until the family decides if guests are allowed."
"Where is she? Where is my sister?" Landry yelled, upon getting out of the elevator into the waiting room. Whit followed, and attempted to calm Landry down as Harry tried to speak, "I-I'm Harry." He said offering a shaking hand to her brothers, whom he had never met. Landry continued on to the front desk and Whit stayed seated by Harry. "That's Landry, I'll go ahead and apologize for him he's not like himself right now. I'm Whittaker, Mag's oldest brother but just call me Whit. Thank you for calling us." "Where are your parents?" "Mother," Whit rolled his eyes, "Was checking into the hotel before coming here and father is still in Charleston attending to some business." There was immediate tension at the mention of the Sterlings' father.
"Whit come on let's go see her." Landry called from the desk, "We'll get you in there." Whit assured Harry before following his brother down the long hallway to their sister. Landry broke down into tears at the sight of his partner in crime hooked up to every type of machine, tubes and wires were tangled all over her body as she laid motionless on the hospital bed. "This shouldn't have happened to her." He sobbed. Whit tried to comfort his brother before the doctor came in. "I need family to sign off on her treatment." "What exactly is it?" "We will give medication to reduce the swelling in the brain, once the swelling is reduced we can wake her up from the coma. Its a must faster and safer route than surgery with her condition, the medicine is still going through clinical trials but theres over an 80% success rate." "What's the rate on the surgery?" "Any type of brain surgery is risky, with the swelling in her brain, there's not a high survival rate because there's no margin for any error in the surgery. There's risk of her losing all mobility and becoming disabled until eventually life support would be turned off." "I'll sign." Whit said taking the clipboard. "I just want my baby sister back." Landry choked out. "Also one more thing gentlemen, would you like to allow visitors?" "Just Harry and his personnel right now," Whit nodded, "He deserves to see her."