Status: just messing around with ideas

Blame It All on My Roots

Chapter 14

"You know what would be crazy?" Harry pondered as we lay in the back yard of his country house, awaiting the impending sunrise. I turned, the choppy asymmetrical cuts of organza from my gown splayed around me, "What would be crazy, Wales?" I asked, propping my face up on my hand. He untied his bowtie and kept his eyes glued at the lightening sky,
"What if we ran off and got married?" I laid back down and stared at the sky, speechless.
"It would be so simple, no stressful planning, no one we had to invite, just the two of us. We could go wherever." But marriage wasn't so simple, to me at least.
"What do you think Mag?" "Uh-um." I sat up awkwardly, "I don't know."
"You don't know? Do you not want to marry me?" I felt his eyes on me and I wanted to hide. "It's not that, Harry." "Then what the bloody hell is it?" His tone changed into an charge of anger. I turned my face away from him, I couldn't look into those blue eyes. "What is it too much too fast? Mag I'm gonna be 32 and you're gonna be 29 time is ticking, I'm not going to wait a decade like Wills did." "Harry-" "We've been together for two years, we went public, you almost died, we've been through so much together." "Harry just listen to me. Okay?" He let out a frustrated sigh and I began, "To me its just not as easy as hopping on a plane and getting hitched. We both have families who care, you have a whole country who cares-" "I don't care about any of that. All of that has tried to break us apart." "Harry we can't just ignore it. You being a prince isn't going to go away." "Why can't you just say screw it?" "Because if we say screw it the repercussions could be serious." "I'm not afraid of my family, why should you be?" "Harry-" "Just forget it, and go." He spat the words out at me. I held everything in as I went inside and changed into a tshirt and shorts, packing all my things and going out to my car. I saw his shadowy figure standing at the door as I pulled away, towards the rising morning sun. I stopped at the end of the driveway, and burst into tears, this was so much more than a fight, my relationship with Harry was over.
I sat on my couch, pint of ice cream in my lap and a vodka bottle on the table, I was so pathetic. Harry had come while I was at work and taken his things from my place, and dropped my stuff off. The press dwindled outside my building as I helpless cried. I was old news to them, and Harry, who after a week of being broken up had been spotted in a club in Geneva with some Nordic blonde with never ending legs.
I found myself walking aimlessly around the city as the late summer rains set in. I was waiting out a storm in a cafe in West London when Carolina called me,
"Mag, pack a carry on we're going to Santorini."
"What?"
"Just go home and pack we'll pick you up at 4! Bring your passport!" She hung up, no explanation.

"Attention passengers prepare for landing."
"I can't believe you all dragged me to Greece." "I can't believe you haven't worn anything but a t shirt in the past month. Show off that bod Mag!" Eliza exclaimed
"We're gonna have a girls trip, the last before we all turn 30!" Ana joked.

"Okay now pose! Mag stick your butt out more!"
"Ugh why?" I groaned, adjusting my strapless bikini top. "Because you're hot, now look like it!" Carolina joked. I couldn't help but giggle a bit.
We all laid out on the beach watching the waves, I sat with my floppy sunhat and Pride and Prejudice.
"Oh my god, look at him." Eliza gasped, we all turned to see the tall muscular silhouette walking towards us. "Holy-" "Ana shh he's coming over here!" Carolina scolded.
"I believe we haven't met. Ladies, I'm Arion."
"Eliza."
"Carolina."
"Ana."
"Oh um- I'm Magnolia."
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl."