Status: just messing around with ideas

Blame It All on My Roots

Chapter 7

"Harry? I'm home!" I called as I pushed my suitcase through the apartment door. "Harry?" I asked before walking into the living area. Prince William was sitting on my couch. I practically tripped over my suitcase, "You must be Magnolia, I'm William, Harry's brother." know that, everyone knows that. "It's nice to finally meet you. Sorry I'm such a mess I just got back from Charleston." "No worries." "Where is Harry?" "Oh he's in the loo. Do you need help with your luggage?" "No, I've got." I said opening the french doors to my room with my free hand I went to the alcove the house my closet and stood there for a minute gathering myself,
"Love, I'm sorry I couldn't get a message through to you before your flight left." "I'm not mad, just surprised and really jet-lagged." "I've got something to talk to you about really quickly, then you can sleep all you want." "What is it?" "I told my family. I don't want you alone here no one to lean on while I'm gone." "Harry I don't need to lean on anyone." "If something happened to you and I wasn't here I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." "Tomorrow are you going to be okay with meeting my father, Camilla, and Kate?" "Harry you leave tomorrow." "I want you there with them tomorrow, when I say goodbye." "I'll go but I need to go to work after. I'm gonna need to keep myself busy." "Okay, love."

I held tightly onto Harry's hand as we entered the airplane hanger, with William, Kate, Charles, and Camilla waiting on us. Harry hugged each one of them then came to me and we held each other in a tight embrace,
"Go get em, Wales." I whispered. "I love you, I'll be home before you know it." "I love you too." I said before giving him a kiss on the cheek.
"Bye everyone." He smiled and waved before boarding the plane bound for the frontlines of Afganistan.

"Damn!" I said accidentally poking myself with the needle I was using to reinforce beading on a 1950s Dior gown from the archives. "Now that's what I call a ball gown." Kate said walking in with two coffee cups. "Dior, Winter 1959" "Oh of course its Dior." she laughed sitting down in the open chair. I set down my needle and thread and asked, "What brings you here today?" "I just wanted to check up on you. Harry had said you've been busy with work." "Yea, we got in 8 Diors that need some mending I've been working on." "What you do is mind boggling. I can barely sew a button." I smiled, "It takes a lot of focus which is good, keeps my mind off him." "Just four more months." "How is little George?" "He's trying to walk now." "Already? Wow." "He's not quite there yet but in the next few months he'll be on the run." "Thanks wonderful."
"Well if it isn't my favorite Duchess." Lorraine said walking into my office. "Lorraine how are you." Kate said giving her a hug, "Absolutely fabulous, you look glowing my dear!" "Thank you!" "I won't hold you two up though, tell Mag to show you the new McQueen we got last week before you go."
"Ooo McQueen." "How do you know Lorraine?" "Oh I met her through a McQueen show during fashion week years ago. She helped me set you and Harry up." "You set us up?" "After the benefit I had heard him gush to Wills about this girl he had met but ruined his chances by being a drunken slob, and I figured out it was you because I had seen the two of you talking. So I called Lorraine to donate my dresses and asked her to bring you along. Harry's never felt remorse for being a horny drunk, so I knew there was potential with you." "You are so sneaky! But I like sneaky." I laughed. "I'm pretty proud of myself," She laughed, "I've never seen him so happy. There's something real with the two of you." I smiled but in my head I knew I needed a drink after work.

"We need some shots!" Carolina squealed as we all walked into the bar. I hadn't hung out with the girls in what felt like ages. Ana, Eliza, Carolina, and I stuffed into a booth.
"Mag where have you been lately? Do you have a secret lover?" Eliza nudged my side. "Oh that is a load of rubbish!" Ana said, "You don't just drop off the face of the earth for months and not shag someone while you're at it." "I'm not saying I didn't shag anybody." "Modest Mag got some? Atta girl." Carolina giggled passing me a glass of wine. "What's his name?" "I never kiss and tell." "Oh bah you're no fun." Ana laughed.
"A round on the house for you lovely ladies." the bartender winked at me and set down the tray, "Ohhhh Mag." my friends all gushed

"Your highness, the unit's position has been given away and we need to evacuate before the day is out. With this your father has ordered you return home." "I'm not leaving the lads" "Your highness please, the unit is at risk of an attack with your presence. For the safety of the unit you are to return tonight." "This is a load of rubbish." Harry said throwing down his helmet. He felt like utter shit, every time he had been deployed his unit's position had been exposed. He felt like it was his fault, because it probably was. All he wanted was to serve like any other. He had hit his locker so hard out of rage his knuckles broke open.

"Hello?" I partially slurred as I answered the phone. "Mag? Its Kate. I have some news." "Wha-what?" "Are you drunk?" "Yes." I answered after stumbling into the couch in my apartment. "Might as well tell you, but I'll text you all the details but, Harry is coming home tomorrow. Drink a lot of water before you go to bed, I'll be over in the morning to help you darling."