Status: Enjoy :)

Never Back Down

Four

My second day could’ve gone a lot better, but I was just happy to be home alone. No Tess, No mom or dad, and no Ryan. After finally making it to the library I couldn’t focus on the homework due next period, I just kept replaying what just happened in the empty hall. I still couldn’t figure out Ryan’s expression and it bothered me…. A lot. Ryan wasn’t in World Literature, but apparently that’s not out of the ordinary. I had to stop thinking about him if I wanted to stay true to my non-friendship.
After two hours of struggling to do my homework I realized I had to get out of the house. I couldn’t sit still; my leg bounced, my obnoxious habit of clicking my pen continuously had started to annoy me. The chair squealed in protest against the floor. I threw my pen onto the textbook and quickly changed.
I pulled into the park that was not too far from house. It was like Portage Park back home; tons of people doing a bunch of different things, dogs running after tennis balls and Frisbees, and there were even a few artists painting the scenery. I pushed the headphones into my ears and started running on the trail. I really didn’t run much, but when I did it was to escape and clear my head which is exactly what I needed.

Monday morning. Two words that should never be put together. Everyone, including myself, was sluggish, our school looked like an episode out of “Dawn of the Dead”. Tess, of course, was loud and cheery which helped me wake up, but was lost when my Latin teacher lectured about the toga styles throughout Rome.
Finally lunch had come around and I was debating just going home for the rest of the day. My locker was wide open as I shifted my weight back and forth contemplating my options. A loud smash came from the lockers near me, I didn’t look however, boys are always pushing each other into the lockers to try and be funny. I just continued to stare into space.
“Wow, you’re really taking this ‘no friend’ thing seriously,” my head snapped over to the rough deep voice that had been absent for a few days. Ryan was leaning against the locker with that stupid smirk on his face.
“Sorry,” I quickly grabbed my Chemistry book and slammed the locker shut. I was in no mood to talk to him, I walked away hoping he’d pick up the message of course he didn’t. Even with my long legs Ryan caught up to me easily falling into step with me.
“So I was thinking-“
“That’s a first,” he smirked but continued on as if I said nothing.
“I’m going to prove you wrong, I’m a good guy. You think you know me, but you just know the guy that people see in videos and in competitions. And I’m going to show you they are two totally different guys,” I stopped walking which Ryan immediately followed.
“It took you four days to figure that out,” he shrugged, “how exactly are you going to prove to me you’re a ‘good guy’?” I asked, playing along.
“I am so happy you asked, tonight there’s a showing of ‘Fight Club’ thought you’d like to see it,” he smiled.
“You’re joking right?” I started walking again, but once again Ryan fell right into step with me.
“Of course, it’s actually ‘Four Weddings and A Funeral’, go with me.”
“Is that a question or a demand?” I was trying to be difficult, but it had little affect on him.
“Try a hopeful offering. I’ll pick you up at 8,” Ryan started backing away, making me scream my response in the, thankfully, empty hallway.
“And if I don’t want to go?”
“No choice!” he shouted back. I sighed realizing I’m stuck seeing this movie tonight with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short.