Immortal

Immortal

"Isn't tonight amazing?" I asked Oli. He hummed in approval. We were walking down the empty streets after a long night of skinny dipping and some fun on the sand. Oli had his arm draped around my shoulders, like usual when we went out.

"Oh! Oli, you're back! Come here, son!" An old shopkeeper said. I wondered what he was doing out here so late, but I let Oli go. He jogged over to the man.

I felt someone grab me from behind. I tried to scream, but a hand covered my mouth and made it come out muffled.

The person dragged me into an alley as I struggled. 'I really need Oli to teach me to fight...'

Something happened that I didn't expect. Teeth dug into my neck, I felt my body growing weak and fragile. My mind went fuzzy, and I felt my body being dragged back from where the person grabbed me from.

I let the darkess take me, trusting Oli to find me.

"Immortal," I breathed. Oli nodded. I had been out for four days, and Librarian Malia, AKA our best friend Lee, said I was a creature of the night now, a vampire. Oli said that through the four days, I ran a horrible fever and thrashed around a lot.

"Wait. Does that mean I'll out-live you?" He nodded slowly. "Well.... Well I don't want that. Can't I make you one?"

"You could, and I would actually like that. Let's wait, though. We have somewhere to go tomorrow," He told me. I nodded and smiled.

I can't wait until tomorrow.