Misfit

Recruitment

Evangeline walked opened the door to her home and entered. She walked into the kitchen and saw the babysitter holding her one year old half sister Leah.

"Hi" she greeted the babysitter and carried her sister while the sitter got ready to leave. She pressed a kiss to her sister's cheek and held her close.

Evangeline's mother had died when she was ten and her father remarried three years later to a woman with mixed races. Her stepmother was half Israel, quarter Australian and quarter American. Her name was Isabella. Due to her father's constant travelling, they got divorced two weeks after Leah's first birthday and her father had insisted that she left their daughter behind.

Suddenly, she heard a knock at the door and opened it to reveal a man in black suit.

"Who are you?"she asked.

"My name is Benjamin Taylor...".

"I didn't do anything. Those guys were bothering her".

"I'm not here to accuse you of anything. Can i come in? I was sent by your father"

"My father?"

The man smiled in confirmation.

************
"Tony you have a visitor"

"Who..." he stopped and took in the sight of the men in dark suits and shades. "What's going on?"

***********
A man walked into the sitting room and picked up his two year old son and kissed his wife. There was a knock on the door and he went to answer it while holding his son.

"Good afternoon Captain Taylor." A man in suit greeted him.

"Honey what's going on".

"It looks like I'm gonna be away for a little while" he replied and the man nodded.

Name: Captain Nathaniel Taylor
Age: Unknown
Family:
Wife: Ayani Taylor
Son: Lucas Taylor
Occupation:Soldier(Captain)

**********
"Wow" a girl whispered as she walked alongside the others.

They were in a special army base with smooth walls and communication systems everywhere. There were soldiers running around the halls and offices.

"What is this place?" Evangeline asked.

"Hope Plaza" a voice replied.

Evangeline turned towards the voice and saw a young man standing in front of her. He smiled at her and introduced himself.

"Hi I'm Tony..."

"I know your name" Evangeline interrupted. "I've seen you a few times on tv".

He lifted an eyebrow "A few times?"

"Mmm...mm" she nodded.

"Okay...what's your name?".

"Evangeline Raymond".

"That's a long name.Beautiful like you but long".

She smiled and nodded.

"How about Eve or Angie...or Angela".

She scrunched up her face but shrugged.

"Hello everyone. Good to see you made it here safely. My name is lieutenant Kelly Smith and I'm going to be your head trainer and mentor".

"Trainer for what?" A young guy who didn't look to be more than eighteen asked.

"You're all going to be part of our special army. You'll be trained differently from the other soldiers. Come with me and I'll explain everything about our system while showing you around" the lieutenant smiled at them, then motioned them to follow her

"Already on it". Tony interrupted while clicking away on his device.

"Put that down please Mr Stark"

"Reynolds. Stark's my dad's name. Howard Stark".

The woman turned again and began to show them around. They stopped at the top of the stairs and were overlooking the training room, where soldiers were training. Except they didn't look like normal soldiers.

"Who are they?" Alicia who had been quiet since she had gotten there asked.

"So, she speaks" Tony said sarcastically.

The lieutenant ignored him and turned to Alicia.

"They're our special elite forces. Private security for internal war affairs. One that you're all going to be a part of. You have all been specially hand picked by the council to lead them and represent us. If you succeed, there might be hope for a better future. One that isn't dying. If you fail..." she turned to look at them and was sure that she had gotten her message across.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: In this timeline the air is not so bad that you have to use a rebreather. Except at night or places near the sea that has been contaminated.