Misfit

Training

A month later

"Ow!" Evangeline yelled in pain and held her arm.

"Sorry." Martina muttered without sounding sorry at all.

"You did that on purpose!"

"Maybe. Serves you right for being really slow and boring during combat training." martina smirked.

"Both of you, back up. We're doing this again." Their training teacher yelled from the sidelines in the huge room.

"I don't want to be her opponent."

"You don't get to choose Miss Raymond. Ready your stance and begin."

"You're just jealous 'coz I'm better than you."

"Oh really. You're better than me?" Martina said mockingly during combat.

"Focus." Their teacher yelled.

*****
Evangeline sat alone at her lunch table staring at her tray filled with food, soon more people came and sat down at the table too.

"So, how was training today?" Elena asked no one in particular.

"Fun." Missy.

"Relaxing." Matt.

"Tiring." Thomas.

"I enjoyed it but I doubt Eve did." Martina said.

"Failing again. For someone with a record in winning school fights and a blackbelt in martial arts, that's sad." Tony mocked.

Evangeline scowled, "Shut it nerd. I'd like to see you try at combat. You're all talk and no show."

"You and I both know that's not true. I'm a genius."

"Chicken."

-Incomplete-