Sickly Sweet

Introduction

“I just don’t understand! I don’t know why nothing has worked!” Mary Margaret burst, at her absolute wits’ end. Regina hadn’t even been able to assist them, and her magic was very powerful now that it came from light.
“I’m afraid there’s only one faerie who can help us with this,” Killian grimaced, absentmindedly running his thumb over his hook. Emma sent him a look, fully expecting his statement to be one of over-dramatics.
They needed help. Someone had managed to put some kind of a curse on David, but not like any kind of curse they had seen before. Some villainous resident of Storybrook had put a ‘surprise’ gift of cookies on his desk at the Sheriff’s office – much to David’s delight – but they had been charmed. Now he was acting more like an evil Grumpy than Prince Charming, and not even a true love’s kiss from Mary Margaret was able to break this enchantment. He’d been this way for two days, prone to outbursts of anger, yelling, throwing things, and even being slightly violent, and something had to give.
“And who is that? Shouldn’t Blue be able to undo this?” she sighed, but Killian shook his head, Mary Margaret seeming to agree with him as she held Emma’s younger brother, Neal on her hip.
“I’m afraid the only faerie who can undo this charm isn’t nearly as sweet as her name would suggest,” Killian replied, and Mary Margaret raised an eyebrow.
“Please don’t tell me you’re thinking of who I think you’re thinking of?”
“Who is this faerie?” Emma demanded, and Killian looked down once before his piercing blue eyes were on hers, their ability to take her breath away not hindered at all by her growing impatience.
“The Sugar Plum Faerie,”
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story! This chapter is just a bit of a teaser - any thoughts? I'd love to hear what you think as this is my first time posting something that's departed from hockey fanfics!

Hayley