Fight for Silence

Ch. 1

I hummed in my head while walking in the corridor. There was only one working light in the corridor and even that was flickering. I didn't mind. I smelled like urine in here. It didn't bother me that much. The floor was sticky. My sneaker made slimy noise every time I took a step. I heard yelling. There was verbal fight somewhere close. I slowed my pace. I didn't mind it but didn't want to walk in the middle of it. Short, nearly bold man stormed past me. Sweat and cigar smell burned my nose. I coughed in my shoulder silently. Loud bang came from my right and stopped me to my tracks. In the room was tall man without shirt. He was covered in blood. He hit the wall. I followed with my gaze when the man paced in fury around the room. There was something really alluring about his movements. He bunched the wall again and then sat down. He kept his head down and rubbed his face until laying them limply on the knees. Man had his black hair neatly cut. He was quite big but not bulky in any way. Bloody spit hit the floor to his left. His knuckles were cut. I don't know why I walked there and took wet rag that was lying next to the man. I kneel between his legs. I gently took his fingers to my hand and cleaned the cuts. I did the same to the other hand too. His hands were quite big compared to mine. I lifted my gaze to his face when I was done with his hands. I slowly lifted the rag in front of his face but left it to hover there. I was waiting for him to tell me to fuck off but he didn't say anything. He just looked me with stoic face. He was searching my face but I know there was nothing to find. I wiped the blood from his face and he closed his eyes. There were minor cuts under the blood and his eye was little bit puffy. I let the rag travel from his face to neck and all the way to his chest. Under the blood in his chest emerged black ink. I put the rag next to him when I was done.
''Doll, you shouldn't be in the place like this'', he said silently with his gruff voice. I looked him in the eyes and he looked back with his tired eyes.
I know.
''What's your name Doll?'', he asked.
Neve. He lifted my hood back up.
''Better keep you hidden from these savages'', he said and I got the feeling he was talking to himself.
''Come on. I walk you out of here'', he said and got up. He extended his hand for me to take. I took it and he easily lifted me up. He kept me firmly next to his warm body. There weren’t lots of people anymore. When I got here, I couldn't move without bumping into someone. Cold air hit me when he opened the front door. I stepped away from him.
''You get home, alright?'', he asked.
Yes.
''Seriously Doll'', he said and lifted my face from the chin to look at him. I nodded when I realized that he wasn't mind reader.
''Good. Now run along Doll'', he said. I saluted him and started walking in the wrong direction. I heard him laughing when I walked.
♠ ♠ ♠
TEll me how you like it. Any comment is appreciated :) Thanks and enjoy ;D