Status: Finished: Formally known as Kidnapped By My Father's Enemy's Hot Son...Did I Just Say Hot?!

Break This Spell You've Created

[11] {The Party}

I open my eyes and found myself in my room. Confused on how I got here, I walk out of my room. I really didn't want to meet Peter so I went to ask, Nathan, if he knew how I got there. I knock on his door. Music is blasting. It was Muse 'Hysteria'.

A shirtless, and sweaty, Nathan answers. I blush. Nathan notices and smirks.

"Do you know how I got to my room?" I asked avoiding eyes contact.
"Yeah. I brought you." said Nathan. But I was half paying attention, because I was listening to the song.
"I love Muse." I said.
"You know who they are?" asked a surprised Nathan.
"Are you kidding, I love all of their songs." I said."My favorite is Time is Running out, from the Cd Absolution."
"I prefer Hysteria." said Nathan.
"That one is good too." I said smiling. Then there was an awkward silence."soooo"
"What did Peter talked to you about?" asked Nathan. My mouth turned dry.
"Nothing important." I lied. I'm sure Nathan wasn't convinced but he didn't ask anymore questions.

The rest of the day me and Nathan spent the day talking. I really like his company. Too bad in a few days I may never see him again. I could just stay with them. But that would be selfish of me. I mean my family must be worried sick about me. But why did father took so long to get the money? I mean I don't know how much the amount was, but how hard could it be?

~Friday~The Party~

I slept in the same room with Nathan again. Nothing happened. I really liked waking up with him. It's something I could get used to. hint, hint.^_~.

A loud knock on the door, woke us up.

"Who is it?" asked Nathan.
"It's Peter, mate." said Peter. Our eyes widen.
"Peter can't see me here." I whispered. Nathan nods and points to his walk in closet across the bed.
"Nathan can I come in? I need to talk to you." said Peter. I move the covers and get out of the bed. Peter begins to open the door, but before he could fully open it, Nathan slammed it shut.
"I'm not dressed properly." Nathan lied. I get myself up and go inside the closet. I slam door shut. Now all I could hear was voices.
"You look scared. What is wrong?" asked Peter.
"Nothing. Just wondering what you doing here so early." said Nathan.
"Well, I knocked on Melinda's room and she didn't answer. Do you know where she is?" asked Peter.
"No. Haven't seen her since yesterday." Nathan lied.
"Oh." said Peter disappointed.
"Why are you looking for Melinda?" asked Nathan.
"I confessed my feelings for her yesterday." said peter.
"What did she say?" said Nathan now sounding more interested. I hear someone sit on the bed, and someone sigh deeply.
"She said she will only see me as a friend." said Peter. There is a silence."But.."
"But?" said Nathan.
"I'm going to fight for her love." said peter, the bed squeaked, Peter must've gotten off the bed.

~Nathan's pov~

"I'm going to fight for her love." said Peter getting off the bed and came towards me. I didn't back off."I know you like her too---don't! lie to me. I've noticed the way you look at her....and the way she looks at you."
"Pet--"
"This is war." said Peter looking me straight in the eyes.
"Peter it doesn't have to be like this." I insisted.
"Do you love her?!" asked Peter. I didn't know what to say. I don't answer."I thought so." Peter moves towards the door and slams it shut behind him. After a few seconds Melinda comes out. Her face is sad. She avoids my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I know you and Peter are best friends. I don't want to ruin your friendship with him." she said.
"Melin--"
"I'm sorry, Nathan. I think we should keep our distances." she said. My heart began to hurt.
"No, no---"
"Sorry." said Melinda as she ran out of the room.
"Melinda wait!" I said but it was too late, she had gone in her room and locked it. I slam my fist on it, and lean on it with my head.

~Melinda's pov~
I run out of Nathan's room and into my own. I close it and lock it. Nathan slams his fists on it.
"This has to be the most retarded kidnapping ever." I said to myself as I paced around the room."Who the f_ck falls for their kidnapper?"

~Later that day~
Knock! Knock!

"Go away Nathan!" I said.
"It's Mary." said Mary. My eyes widen, I walk to the door and open it. Mary was there with a clipboard and a blue tooth in her right ear."Trouble in paradise?" she said with a smile.
"You can say that. How can I help you?" I asked a bit cold, she caught it and frowned.
"By changing the guest will be arriving soon." said Mary.
"Guest?" I asked confused.
"The party. Ring a bell?" said Mary."I wouldn't think so." she said. I roll my eyes."The party is to introduce your relationship with Nathan, so if you're having problems...solve them."
"I don't think it's any of your concern, Mary. He's MY boyfriend." I said.
"I understand that. Now it's now...5:30. Guest arrive around 6:15pm. So please...hurry!" said Mary. I begin to close the door but Mary blocks it."oh it's a black tie, you do know what that means right?"
"Yes, I do. Thank you very much." I said through my teeth and a fake smile.
"Good. Nothing, slu_tty" said Mary and left. Man I was beginning to really dislike that women. I slam the door. I took a shower, I found some dress, at that place, where Peter first took me. I found a nice black dress. And high heels.

With one last look at the mirror, I walk out of the room and meet Nathan, in his tuxedo. It went nice with his emo hair. I look at him up and down.
"Hi." I said. Nathan stops tying his tie and looks at me. His mouth slightly drops and his eyes widen."am I dressed wrong?"
"No, not at all. You look beautiful." he complimented.
"You too." I said. Nathan gives me one of his rare smiles. He offers his hand, and I take it."Look we'll have to pretend we're a happy couple, because Mary is starting to suspect."
"She's a little protective of me." said Nathan.
"A little? Are you kidding. She's like your over obsessed Aunt, who could never have children, so she takes on other children." I said. Nathan laughs. His laugh was cute. I smile.
"True. But she's family. I'm sure you know what that means." said Nathan.
"Yeah. You're stuck with what you got." I said in a sigh. Then all I could hear was many people talking."How many people did she invite?"
"I think her whole address book." said Nathan as we saw the guests. They were all dressed nice. Most of the girls blonds.
"I think I've died and gone to Barbie land or something." I said to Nathan. He chuckles and shakes his head.
"Welcome to my world." said Nathan.
"Whoa, sucks to be you." I said.
"Yes it does. It sucks very much." said Nathan.
"awww look it's the happy couple." said Mary, who had a yellow dress and her hair in a pony tail, and the end of the hair curled, she looked really nice. Everyone's eyes is on us. I start to get nervous. I hated being the center of attention. Not kidding. I could barely stand on stage and not puke.
"I'm gonna puke." I said to Nathan.
"Don't worry everything is going fine." said Nathan.
"No I'm gonna puke." I said heading to the bathroom but Nathan stopped me.
"Melinda. It's alright. I'm here." said Nathan. I look at him and he looks sincere. I go back and go down the stairs with Nathan.

Nathan introduced me to his whole family.
"she's a keeper, Nathan." said one of his uncles.
"Nice babe." said one of his cousins named Ethan. I give him a weak smile. But I was used to meeting a lot of people. At my father's party, I would literally forget my name, because I said it so many times. But with time, the fake smile you put on stays.

~Dinner~
The table was longer than usual. All of the seats taken. John was of course at the top of the table. Me and Nathan sat to his right. Peter and Chuck sat to his left. I avoided Peter's eyes, while he tried to make contact.
"Oh, shit." said Chuck as he looked down the table. I look to where he was looking. He was looking at a hour glass body girl. With blond hair, blue eyes, and perfect features. She looked like a real life Barbie. Nathan looks and tightens the grip he had on my hand.
"Ow, Nathan you're hurting me." I said pulling my hand out.
"Sorry...it's just...my past caught up with me." said Nathan.
"what are you talking about?" I said.
"Nathan, love. It's been so long." said a girl. I look to my right. The girl Chuck was looking at was next to me. Nathan was to my left.
"Hello Lucy. Still waxing your mustache, I see." said Chuck. I snort. Wait Lucy? as in the Lucy, who betrayed Nathan somehow.
"Grow a dick, Charles." said Lucy.
"I think you already beat him at that, Lucy." I said. Chuck laughs and some people who heard me chuckle and smile. She looks at me with a glare. If look could kill. Geez.
"And you are?" asked Lucy with a nasty tone.
"Melinda, Nathan's girlfriend." I said returning the tone.
"Well, Melinda. I wouldn't talk to tough if you have nothing to back it off with." she threaten.
"Is that a threat? Because if it is, you better mean what you say, chica." I said with Latina attitude.
"Oh you're Mexican." said Lucy.
"Damn proud, gringa(no offense to anyone)." I said.
"Oh, Nathan how could you step that low?" said Lucy. I clench my hand.
"I think it's better for your health if you back away." I threaten."Oh and I mean my threats."
"Whatever." said Lucy."See around love."