Status: Finished: Formally known as Kidnapped By My Father's Enemy's Hot Son...Did I Just Say Hot?!

Break This Spell You've Created

[14] {WATCH OUT!!}

Nathan's Point of View

I close the door behind me. My heart aching. I knew Melinda didn't love Peter, but I had to make her think I didn't love her anymore.It was for the best, plus if she knew why Lucy black mailed me, she would've just broken up with me. What I did was too horrible.
I hated myself for hurting Melinda. She had told me she loved me. I wanted to say it back. You have no idea how much strength it took to not say it back. The hurt in her eyes killed everything inside of me.

Now as I hear her crying, I wanna to kill myself. I'm the cause for those tears she's shedding. I'm a coward, a fucking.g coward. I'm too afraid to tell her the truth. It's better if she hates me, than if she sees me like a monster. The monster I am. But her sobbing tears my heart.Melinda's Point of View

I cried myself that night. But I wasn't going to show any weakness. No. I will act as if nothing happened. That is how pretty much the next days were. I stayed in my room and the servants would bring the food up to my room. Chuck would come and check that I was still alive. I told him I wasn't going to kill myself, for an a$$hole like Nathan.

Then came Monday morning. There is a knock on my door. John enters, I was still in bed.

"Sorry to wake you up, dear. But I have important news." said John.
"What is it?" I asked rubbing my eyes and yawned.
"I received the deposit, yesterday night. I'm going to drop you off so you can get home." said John.
"So...I'm no longer a hostage?" I said.
"Yes. Get dress and eat the last breakfast with us. You can say good bye to my sister and her family." said John putting a smile. I return it. I didn't want to see Nathan. But it was my last day, so I had to suck it up.
"Thank you...um...for not killing me, I guess." I said a bit embarrassed of the dumb thing I said.
"You're welcome. Too bad you're leaving. I was starting to enjoy your stay." said John in a chuckle, I smile."Well hurry."
"Yeah." I said. I watch John walk out of the room. Giving me a wink before he closes the door. I don't get up fast. I look around the room. I was going to miss these blankets, they were so warm. I throw the covers to the side and get out of bed. I looked in the mirror, I looked like shi.t. My hair was a mess. I had black lines under my eyes, for the lack of sleep. What? I told you, Nathan is in too deep. I still love him, and I hated myself for still loving him.

I straighten my hair, put on some light make up. I find some jeans and a shirt. It was a batman shirt. My hair was let down. This was going to be my last morning in this house. The thing that I was looking forward to was seeing my little brothers. I missed them so much. Rodrigo too, I wonder with who he skated with while I was gone. While trying to think on the positive side of leaving this house and going back to the real world, I couldn't help but to feel...alone. I surpressed the feeling walk out of the room and almost instantly, Nathan comes out of his room.

He notices me, and I see his body tense.

"I'm leaving today." I said casually as if nothing ever happened.
"Yes, I know. Father told me the uh..good news." said Nathan emphasizing his voice in 'good news'.
"So how have you uh.."
"Been?" finished Nathan, I nod."Good, good. It's been good."
"Oh. Well...um....I have to go down and eat." I said.
"What's stopping you?" said Nathan in a cold tone. I put on a shock face. I make a short chuckle and shake my head as I turn away. He knows he made a mistake. Walking down the stairs, I curse the heck out of him, in Spanish. Mary and her family is waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.

"Morning." said Mary with a grin on her face.
"Morning." I mumble.
"We heard the bad news about you and Nathan. I'm so sorry." said Mary with a fake hurt look.
"Yeah. Me too." I said and walked past them and into the dining room. Where Chuck, Peter and John were already eating.
"Well look who came out of their cave." said Chuck with a smile.
"Yeah, the world is going to end." I said joking. Mary and her family comes in and take their seats. I start to eat and almost everyone else too.

After a few minutes, Nathan walks in the dining, making everyone stop, except me, who had no idea he had entered the room. I look at them weird, because I was the only one who didn't know. Then the chair to my left is pulled back, and that's when I knew what was going on. I stiffen up, but when Nathan doesn't look at me, I relax. I can feel my heart beating fast. I hope no one could hear it.

~After Breakfast~

"Ahem," said John, catching everyone's attention."As all of you know, Melinda and Nathan have broken up...so today is Melinda's last day here. We will be leaving at 8pm. So you can say your goodbyes to her." John stands from the table and leaves. Leaving an awkward silence at the table. Myra, and Jacob excuse themselves from the table.
"Well I got...packing to do." I said getting up from table and walked towards the stairs and back to my room. Of course it was an excuse, to pack, because well, nothing here belongs to me. So I have no packing to do. It was a good excuse to get away from the awkwardness.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I said. The door opens and Chuck comes in."Hey."
"Hey love. John told me to give you this." said Chuck, handing me my wallet and my cellphone."Your phone needs to be charged."
"Thanks." I said putting the wallet in the back pocket of my jeans, and my cellphone in the front right pocket."Charles, it was really nice meeting you...even though you did kidnapped me...but you're a cool dude."
"I'm glad I met you too. You're not like other girls I've met. You're down to earth. That's why Nathan..." he catches his mistake as he saw me tense up when he mentions his name."...so what are your plans when you get back home?"
"Skateboard. I haven't done so in so long I think I'm going to puke." I said happily for the first time in two days."Then I'm gonna...well what date is it today?"
"August 25th." said Chuck.
"Well school, well college, starts in like a week." I said.
"College? How old are you again?" asked Chuck shocked.
"I turned 17 in May." I said.
"You're young! And in college?" asked Chuck more shocked.
"I told ya, I graduated a whole year earlier than my class. Because this Latina girl has brains." I said with a smile. Chuck smiles.
"You're the first Latina girl I've ever actually befriended." said Chuck.
"And what are your impressions of Latinas?" I asked.
"Smart, gorgeous and fun." said Chuck giving me a light punch on the arm.
"Oww. That hurt!" I said joking but with a real hurt face.
"I'm so sorry Mel, I didn't mean--"
"Gotcha!" I said putting on a smile. Chuck has another shocked face.
"That.Is.Not.Funny." Chuck warned.
"Yes it is." I said.

I gave Chuck my my space, my cell number and my AIM. We agreed to stay in touch with each other. After that we walked out of my room and went to the living room, where we watched t.v. I put in on Cartoon Network.
"You still watch kid shows?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.
"What? You wanna watch shows like I ♥ NY? or that show with Tila Tequila? I've seen those shows. It's nasty." I said with a disgusted face."Plus nothing beats a show like Courage the Cowardly Dog or Ed, Edd and Eddy. Hilarious."
"I guess." said Chuck with a sour look.
"Charles trust me. I don't watch shows unless I know they're funny." I said.
"I'll trust you." said Chuck.

Okay...have you ever met any people that when they laugh, they make no noise. They're laughing but no noise comes out, and it looks like they can't breath? Well that's Chuck. We were watching Billy and Mandy, they say something funny. We start to laugh, when I noticed I can only hear my laugh, I look over to Chuck and it looks like he's having an asthma attack. I quickly get a pillow and start blowing air on his face.
"Breath! Breath!" I said laughing, my stomach was already hurting from all the laughing. Chuck takes a deep breath and color starts to come back to his colorless face.
"That...was....so...funny." he said between breaths.
"Yeah. But don't scare me like that. I thought you were gonna suffocate." I said and punched him on the arm.
"Ow!" said Chuck rubbing his arm. I roll my eyes.

~7:50pm~
I turn the TV off. We had watched it 8 hours straight. We made some snacks. Chuck is like my other friend...Rodrigo. They would be the best of friends or mates as the English say. When it was 7:50pm. Chuck was sleeping on one of the long arm chairs and I was laying on the couch.

"Melinda, we're ready to go." said John's voice. I shot straight up."Were you watching teli, this whole time?"
"Yeah. there was nothing else to do." I said embarrassed.
"Wake Chuck and meet us outside." said John.
"Us?" I said.
"Well I have to make sure you're safe." said John with a smile. I nod. I throw my legs over and walk to the chair where Chuck was sleeping. I take a pillow and slam it on his face.
"Oy!!" said Chuck fluttering his eyes.
"Get up sleepy head. We're leaving." I said.
"You didn't had to hit me with a pillow." said Chuck stretching."You could've just shook me a little."
"Where is the fun in that?" I said.
"true." said Chuck.

I straighten my hair because it was messy. I check my make up on the mirror that's just beside the entrance door. With Chuck behind me, I go out. The cold of the night, hits me.
"Sh-shit" I said. We were in the mountains so it was extra cold."It-it's cold."
"Here." said a Nathan's voice from beside me. He hands me a sweater.
"Thanks." I said taking it and put it over myself.
"Here is the plan. I will ride front. Chuck and Peter ride in front of Nathan and Melinda." said John.
"wait. We're not going in the same car?" I asked.
"No, it will attract too much attention." said John."We'll keep our distance to one mile apart."
"Can I ride with Chuck then?" I asked.
"Sorry you have to ride with Nathan. I don't want to hear any more whining." said John with a serious face. I knew not to push the subject any longer.

Me and Nathan got into a Mustang. It was black and in great condition. It smelled like it was new and rarely used. We move through those places where there is many turns. We were driving at least 80mph.
"I want to apologize for this morning." said Nathan breaking the silence."I--I wasn't thinking straight."
"It's alright. In just a few hours. You won't be sick of me anymore." I said.
"Look I---ugh!....fuck!" Nathan cursed as he hit the wheel of the car. It was pitch dark and the only light was coming from the moon, which didn't help. So the lights from the car was what was showing us the road."Look I didn't want to break up with you...I could never be sick of you...I lo---"
"WATCH OUT!" I screamed!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments.