Status: Finished: Formally known as Kidnapped By My Father's Enemy's Hot Son...Did I Just Say Hot?!

Break This Spell You've Created

[25] {You were...happy}

<Less than a Month Later>
Muse blasted through my radio. It was the only way to really feel close to Nathan. It was one of the common things we had.
Being with my friends didn't help me forget about Nathan. I couldn't help it; he's always on my mind day and night. I hate myself so much for still loving him. But it's so hard to turn this pure and beautiful feeling into something like hatred.
It also didn't help that Nathan would send me flowers and leave me 50 voice-mails in cellphone.
But it's his fault for not being truthful. He knew of my amnesia and took advantage of it; even though I would've done the same. Even so, he keeps secrets from me. I know Lucy knows something bad about him. He told me it's something that would make me hate him, but even now I can't bring myself to hating him. I'm sure I would've understood, it couldn't be that bad...right?

"MEL!" yelled Linda, breaking me from my thoughts.
"What?" I yelled back, we were in my room and I was on my bed listening to the music, while they were on myspace.
"Are you deaf? Linda called you like three times." said Maya, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.
"No...I was just...musing." I said getting up from my bed and got up and stretched.
"You were thinking about him." Linda pointed out. I turn red, and because of my pale skin, it was really noticeable.
"No," I lied quickly and turned away from them and pretended to look for something in my drawer.
"Liar" Linda sang. They come over to either side of me.
"Tell us, what else can we do so you can forget about that jerk?" asked Maya in sympathy.
"Can you be like Superman and turn back time?" I said.
"Uhh...Well...no," said Maya in dissapointment.
"We hate to see you suffer like this. You're not as happy, and chipper. With Nathan you were---"
"Happy." Maya finished for Linda. They realise it was no help what they were telling me.
"You should give Jeff a chance, Bella." said Maya."Maybe with time he'll help you forget Nathan."
"I'm not going to use Jeff as a shoulder to cry on. It wouldn't be fair for him." I said.
"It's not fair what you're doing to yourself." said Linda.
"Melinda. You're hot, sexy, loves sports, love skateboarding and on top of that you have Einstein's brains. You're every boy's dream girl. Stop sulking about a boy who's not worth it." said Maya sounding desparate, trying to convince me.
"Fine!" I snapped, throwing my hands in defeat."I'll Jeff a chance."
"He's on dial." said Linda handing me the phone. My eyes widen.
"What now?" I said.
"Yup." said Linda.
"But--"
"No buts." said Linda, I take the phone.

"Hello?" said Jeff's voice.
"Je-jeff?" I stuttered. I slap my forehead for my stutter.
"Hey Bella, what up?" Jeff answered cheerfully.
"Not much. I was wondering...if you..uh...um...would like to go downtown." I asked.
"Awesome, who else is going?" asked Jeff. This made me more nervous.
"Ju-just...uh...just me. I thought we could go on like on..a...a....a...a..--"
"Date?" Jeff finished.
"Yeah, that." I said," on a date with me."
"I love to. Are you---you know over that dude?" asked Jeff.
"Who? Oh yeah...Nathan, yeah totally over him." I scoffed and of course lied.
"When exactly is this date?" asked Jeff.
"ummm, it's Friday today, so how about tomorrow at 10am at the Pike (a theatre)?" I asked.
"Sounds great. Uh..see you tomorrow then." said Jeff.
"See ya." I said and hanged up.

"I knew you could do it!" cried Linda.
"Well I had a little peer pressure." I said glaring at her.
"Love you too Bella." said Linda.
"Yeah, yeah." I said.

~Saturday~

I got up around 8am to take a shower. I slipped into some comfortable clothes. Black jeans and a white shirt with Hello Kitty on it and some simple white VANS. I blowed dried my hair and strighten, then did some curls on the ends. I applied eyeliner and some lip gloss.

When it was 10am, I was already outside the theatres with Jeff, waiting in line to ge the tickets for some movie called The Eye with Jessica Alba.

"So what made you decide to date again?" said Jeff, making conversation.
"I don't know," I shrugged my shoulders." I had a little healing help from Linda and Maya."
"They didn't force you to go out with me right?" asked Jeff.
"No! Not at all." I lied and avoided his eyes.
"You're lying." said Jeff.
"Not I'm not." I lied.
"You avoid people's eyes when you're lying." said Jeff with a hurt look.
"Okay! Maybe they dialed your number for me, but they didn't have a gun to my head. I did it out of my own free will. I don't regret asking you out." I said truthfully, this put a smile of Jeff's lips. I smile right back.
"I like to see you smile." said Jeff, putting his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him and I didn't pull back. He plants a kiss on my forehead and I lean my shoulder on his chest as we wait in line.
We got to window number three.
"yeah, we'll have two for The Eye at 11:45am." said Jeff.
"Sure," said a familiar british voice. I look more closely and saw...Charles.
"Chuck?" I said, he looks up and looks at me and smiles from ear to ear.
"Melinda! How you been? Oh right...you bumped your head." chuckled Charles.
"You know him?" asked Jeff.
"Yeah he's Nathan's cousin." I said in disbelief.
"Still didn't answer my question Mel, how have you been?" asked Charles.
"Swell and you?" I asked.
"Wait he's the one who helped in your kidnapping?" said Jeff.
"Shhh." me and Charles said.
"Yes, but Chuck is an awesome guy." I reassured Jeff.
"You two friends?" asked Chuck leaning more closely to the window.
"We're on a date." answered Jeff rather rudely, I nudge him."Ow."
"Oh...that's lovely...I guess. Well, the house isn't the same without you, love." said Chuck.
" Love?" asked Jeff.
"It's a british thing." I whispered to Jeff. He nods.
"Back to work Watson." ordered the manager. Chuck reacts quickly. Jeff hands him the money and Chuck gives the tickets.
"Enjoy your show." said Chuck as we left. I wave good bye, and I feel Jeff pull me even closer to him.

&#9827;Charles POV&#9827;

"Enjoy your show." I said, and I see Melinda wave good bye and that guy, whose I didn't know, pull her closer to him.
'Over protective aren't we?' I thought. I immediately take out my cellphone and called Nathan. There was no more customers for now. It rings three times before Nathan answers.
"Yes?" he answered rudely. He's been grumpy, ever since Melinda got her memory back. Father warned him to stay away from Melinda, but I knew about the flowers he's sent her and the thousand voice-mails and texts, and she never answered one.
"Mate. Bad news for you." I said shaking my head.
"What charles? I don't have time for this." said Nathan annoyed.
"I just saw Mel with a new lad." I said.
"WHAT? WHO? WHERE?" he immediately asked.
"We---"
"WATSON GET OFF THAT PHONE!" said my boss.
"Talk later mate." I said and hanged up on Nathan.

&#9829;Melinda's POV&#9829;

After the movie we went the beach and had some food. We ate chinese and some ice cream. We also went into a piercing shop to get my snake bites back. Jeff got his eyebrow pierced.
"How do I look?" asked Jeff.
"Smexy!" I said in a sexy voice.
"I know." said Jeff.
"Conceited." I said as I laughed.
"Be my girlfriend, Melinda." said Jeff in a more serious tone. I stop smiling this had caught me in shock."I've been wanting to say that since you came back. When Rodrigo told me about what happened...I went crazy. I couldn't see my life without you in it."
"Why?" I asked.
"Why what?" asked Jeff.
"Why is it that you like me? What do I do that makes guys fall for me?" I asked seriously."I'm not that special. I'm just an ordinary girl. I'm not wild, I'm not a drinker, smoker. I don't stand out."
"That's exactly why. You're so down to earth. You are who you are. You don't pretend around anyone. You have pride and dignity. Most girls aren't virgins anymore and---"
"I'm still am." I said.
"yes, that's great. It means that you don't fool around, and believe or not a lot of guys today are looking for a serious relationship." said Jeff."So what do you say?"
I ponder. This was my chance to have a normal relationship, with someone I've known for a long time and who I know wouldn't hurt me.
"Yes. I love to be your girlfriend." I said. Our lips meet and we kiss. I remember Jeff's kisses being simple and full of emotion. I wrap my arms around his neck and deepen the kiss. The kiss was one of those that was slow and gentle, but with tounge. His hands are on my back so the space between us, was gone. It was a perfect kiss.