Status: Finished: Formally known as Kidnapped By My Father's Enemy's Hot Son...Did I Just Say Hot?!

Break This Spell You've Created

38. I Miss You

One week before the wedding. Things were getting hectic. Mariela wouldn't stop asking questions about what me and my mom talked about. I told her to piss off. She was so infuriating, I just want to like...punch her!!
Cesar? What can I say, drunk-ass-rich kid? He's stopped going to clubs but that didn't stop the constant phone calls, texting and drinking. I swear Cesar drinks so much by the time he's thirty his liver is going to explode.

There was nothing to do in the this stupid mansion. Only the library kept me sane. I would read Thoreau, or Edgar Allen Poe, both are one of my favorite American Romatic's writers. Especially Thoreau. "The Sun is but a morning Star."

As I was reading Civil Disobedience, the door of the library is swung open. It was probably around 6p.m.

"Mor--ning." hiccuped a drunk Cesar. I cock an eybrow.

"It's night, genius." I said closing the book and placed it on the table in front of me.

"You're--so--smart." he said between hiccups."Tienes un cerebro muy grande...y tambien eres muy hermosa."
(You have a huge brain....and you're also very beautiful.)

"Thanks." I said a bit unsure of what to say. He grins.

"How have you---been?" he asked as he came closer, but before I could answer his face turns white and the next thing I know he's throwing up on the wooden floor of the library.

"Oh! My Gosh!" I said jumping on the armchairs in disgust."SOMEONE HELP!!" I yelled as I skipped over to the other armchair avoiding the vomit. I step off the armchair and walk next to Cesar, his hands resting on his knees as he leans forward and throws up. Soon, help comes.

Cesar is taken to the room and the family doctor is called.

As we wait for the doctor to come, I take care of Cesar by making sure he's comfortable. He starts to groan in pain.

The doctor came and said he was just stikin' drunk. All he needed was some rest and aspirin when he wakes up.

God I hope something happens soon, I do NOT want to live the rest of my life with a drunk.

And I haven't heard anything about anyone in the outside world. I felt more like a prisoner than a guest. I wasn't allowed out of the house at all times, unless it was with Mariela or Cesar. Mariela only took me to the dress fitting, and most of the time I was under heavy watch.

***

Before I knew it, it was the day before the wedding.

I had to call Nathan, so I sneeked into Juan's office. Juan was off somewhere, Cesar was in the living room watching t.v. and Mariela was busy doing last minute calls for the wedding. This was my chance.

I quickly dial Nathan's cell phone number by memory.

"Hello?" he asked, his voice brought an unknown peace to me."Hello?" he asked once more.

"It's Melinda." I whispered.

"Melinda! wh-how-did--" he stuttered.

"I sneeked into Juan's office and called you. Are you going to save me?" I asked desparation written all over my voice.

"Of course! Everything is all set. Look at the church you're getting married there is a priests office--"

"Wait. I thought it was tonight." I said alerted.

"Changed of plan, too much security." Nathan said.

"Fuck." I cursed."So what now?"

"When you're waiting at the priest's office we'll rescue you there. Security will be less tight. Just be patient and soon we'll be together." said Nathan, his words soothe me in a way no one could. I had complete faith in him.

"Yes." I said nodding my head." I..I miss you." I finally let out.

"You have no idea how much 'I miss you', Mellie." said Nathan."I love you."

"I love you too." I said back.

"I can't wait 'til I have you in my arms." he said.

"I can't wait for you to hold me." I said. I hear footsteps."I gotta go.Muah!!" I sent a kiss over the phone. I quickly hang up the phone and I hear the door knob being open. My body reacts before my brain and hides under the desk.

"Hasta manana." Juan said hanging up his cell phone. (until tomorrow.)

' Shit Shit' I cursed and gulped.

There is a knock on the door and it's also opened.

"Yes?" asked Juan.

"Someone is at the door for you sir. It's one of your business partners." said one of the maids.

"I'll be there in a second." said Juan as I heard him pull a drawer and take out some papers and the close the drawer. he walks across the room and I hear the door close. I let out the held breath I had and crawl out of the desk. I quickly jog to the door and step out.