Status: It's back and new-ish

Eternal Life

Family Veins

Getting to school I feel better than I did when I was at school. But Bree eyes never stop moving, like she is waiting for something to either happen or pop up out of nowhere. "Hey are you okay?" I ask her as we get out of the car.

"Hu?" she looks over at me, like she completely forgot I was with her. "Oh sorry, I was thinking of something."

"What where you thinking?" I ask her as we walk into the front door to the school.

She waves her hand at me. "Don't worry about it," she tells me.

"Okay?" raising my eyebrow at her as she goes to her locker first. "You want to talk about anything?"

She shakes her head. "Like I said, it's nothing to worry about,"

"Okay, well I'm going to grab my books. I'll see you in a couple of hours," I tell her, then I head down the hallway.

As I walk to my locker, I pass one of the new guys. The twin of those two guys with the light blond hair that it almost looks white. He looks at me, he smiles at me and opens his mouth as if he wants to say something, but for some reason I put my head down as if my eyes burn just by looking at him. Why though?

Going into my advanced art class I sit down on my stool and scoot myself up against the table and bring out my sketchbook. "Well, well look who I get to have first class with," a male voice says coming through the classroom door.

The guy sits down next to me and I feel sick to my stomach all of the sudden. "Uh, hi?" swallowing, I try to make the sick feeling go away, but it doesn’t. Not all the way anyway.

He holds his hand out to me. "I never did get to tell you what my name was before," taking his hand, it's like sandpaper. Not a pleasant feel to it. "I'm Abric," he tells me.

{When he says his name I have a really weird flash back. This guy Abric and I standing face to face with swords in hand. "'How could you?! She was our baby sister and you killed her! Why?!'" I scream out with tears in my eyes.

"'Because you loved her more than me! Me, who is your twin from a star and power!'" then a clash of meddle snaps me back into what is going on.}

"Hey you okay?" Abric voice is kind, but it's his eyes that are almost knowing. What did he know?

Shaking my head, I take my hand from his. "Yeah I'm fine and my name is Kalley," I tell him just seconds before the bell goes off.

Our Art Teacher walks holding out her arms, dressed like she is part of nature like always. Even her hair has fake lefs in it. "Hello my lovely students and let us start our day with a spiritual journey into your art worlds and get to work," she tells us with a smile.

^^^^^

I felt like I couldn’t get away from Abric, we was in all of my classes and it was like he enjoys watching me feel sick. Why though?

Sitting down in my second to last class of the day, Bree walks into class with me and sits down in the desk next to me. Then the twins that could be night and day walk in and they do something really strange and when I mean strange, I mean neither of them have talked to me all day and they sit in front and back of me. The black haired twin Carter sits in front of me, as the white haired twin Casper sits behind me and I swear I feel him touch my back very lightly.

Looking back at him, his hands on his book as he opens it and he isn't even looking at me.

Abric then walks in and smirks over at us, then walks up to Carter. "Always a joy to see you two, hope you know that nothing you two do will change what has been done. I know what will happen, unlike you three put together," he smirks at him, Casper and even Bree for some weird reason.

"Walk 'away' Abric or I'll 'brake' you," Bree says through her teeth.

Abric smiles at her like he is smarter than her in every way. "You don't scare me weakling,"

Grabbing a rubber band from my bag, I pull it back and snap it free right on Abric head making him look at me with a dirty look. But no just a dirty look, a death dirty look. "Go sit down," I tell him.

"Bossy just like before, I'm not surprised because of 'who' you are," he then turns away and sits in the desk a few desks away.

Watching him sit down, I feel like there is a door in the farthest part of my mind shaking, like something is behind it wanting to get free. So why am I so scared of that door opening? Is it that I know, something really bad is behind that door?

^^^^^

After school Bree drops me off at home so I can get my truck, then I go to grandma house. When I get there she is out front in her garden. Getting out of the truck, I pocket my keys. "Hi grandma, you look busy," sitting down on the ground next to her, I pull on a weed.

"Don't you have to get to work in a couple of hours?" she asks me, as she rubs her back hand against her forehead.

"Yeah, but I thought I should stop by and see if you needed any help,"

She leans away from the garden. "Well I do need some boxes brought down to go through,"

"Okay, which boxes?"

"The boxes that are on the far wall," she tells me.

"Okay," getting up I hold my hand out to her and help her up. "I'll go do that and you relax," walking into the house, I feel as if someone is watching me. Turning around there is no one on the street or sidewalk. Closing the front door behind me, I head upstairs as grandma goes into the kitchen. Soon as I'm on the second floor and midway down the hallway, I pull on the string and ladder comes down right away as soon as it's free.

Climbing up the latter, I flip on the light switch that is on the floor and look at all the boxes. Grandma has everything labeled, which is a good idea when it comes down to it.

Weaving around all the boxes she doesn’t want I find a couple big boxes and open them. Inside them are old clothes that almost look familiar, I could had seen grandma and grandpa wear them when I was a kid. But it almost feels different of seeing these clothes, but I don’t know why.

Then opening the second boxes, there is a big blanket laying on top of some old pictures that are in black and white and even photo books. Pulling out some of the pictures, even seeing these I'ts like a punch to the gut seeing these pictures, but again I don’t know why.

"Oh good you found them," grandma says behind me, making me almost jump out of my own skin.

Spinning around and hand on heart as it pounds in my ears. "Grandma, I didn’t hear you come up," I tell her.

She smiles at me. "Sorry, I just wanted to make sure you found everything." she walks up next to me and picks up a picture with two young women in it. She smiles at the picture. "Do you know who these two are?" she hands me the picture and points at the girl with the darker hair first. "This is my mother," she then moves her finger to the other girl and it's as if she is about to cry. "And this is someone who looked after her since she was a child," she tells me.

Looking at the two girls, her statement makes no since. "You mean they grew up together and they looked out for one another," I say to her refacing of what she said.

She looks at me and it's like she wants to say something, but something is stopping her for saying something, so she shakes her head. "I want you to take these boxes home,"

Shock hits me. "Why grandma? These are yours,"

She waves her hand at me. "I won't be around forever and I figure I better start giving stuff to those that need them the most right now,"

"Are you not feeling good?" I love my grandma, she been around more than my mom has since I was little. Grandma was my mom in many ways.

She smiles at me. "I'm fine, I just want to take care of these things just in case something happens,"

Shaking my head, I look back down at the picture. "Grandma, I feel like I know this other girl,"

Grandma lightly touches my vein on my wrist. "Family lines cross over and over again, we are not one of something but many of something. This goes for the start of life as well. The start of life always has a way of coming back,"

Confusion hits me. "Grandma what does that mean?"

She smiles up at me and pats me on the arm. "Nothing, just an old lady talking to an ear willing to lesson,"

I smile back at her. "Grandma, your not old,"

She laughs. "You and I have very different meanings of old. Now come on get those back of the truck and I'll feed you before you got to get to work,"

"Okay," putting the picture back in the box and blanket, I start moving boxes to the attic door.

As I go back again I stop in my tracks when my eyes fall on a really really old picture of twelve kids, the oldest could be early twenties and it goes down from there.

Picking up the picture, it's like I'm being punched in the gut.

{"'I don't understand why we have to get our picture done Benjamin, we've never done it before.'" a fairly young girl tells the oldest guy in the picture with a frown.

"'Emma just shut up and smile, this is good for all of us.'" someone close to her age tells her.

Emma then clings to a girl, that looks scary close to what I look, but unlike me this girl eyes say she has seen so much and it's not all good. "'Alice,'"

What throws me is that Alice and I almost look alike, almost like we are twins. But her eyes tell that she has seen more than someone my age. "It's fine Emma, just smile that pretty smile of yours,'"

Snap.}

My legs sway and I fall over gasping for air. "Kalley you alright?!" grandma yells bellow.

Emma...Emma...she had the same name as the dead little girl headstone that is in the same graveyard as dad headstone. "Yeah," my voice is hardly a whisper. My throat feels like I've never had water in my life. Getting up, I snag the picture and put it in with the others and head down with the last box in hand. "Grandma I'm going to leave, if you need anything call me okay?"

Grandma comes out of the kitchen with a water battle and hands it to me. "Yes darling I know you worry, don’t forget to drink lots of water. You always have a hard time remembering to drink water,"

Grandma puts the water bottle on the box and I head outside with her behind me. "Love you!" I yell as I put the box in the back.

"Love you too, safe driving!" she yells before I get in the truck.

Once I'm in the truck and heading down the road, I drive past the old church. Slowly driving past it, I look up at it. Some of the windows are broken and the door has an X of boards in front of it, like it's dangerous to be in it. But as I look at it, I have a nagging feeling telling me to go inside and when that feeling hits my foot presses down on the gas and I zoom right down the street to get home and change and drop off these boxes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't been around to much everyone. I'm hoping to get a couple more stories updated and get my monthly book blog out soon.