Status: It's back and new-ish

Eternal Life

Be a Teenager

After work I help clean up and lock up. “Good job today kid,” Tabby tells me, as we walk out together. “Any plans tonight?”

“Homework, is mostly my only plans,” I tell her.

“Kid, you need to do what other teens are doing. Beside homework,”

“I’m not a big party person,” I tell her.

“I know, which is weird. No, I’m talking about go see a movie or something. Your only young once,” I can’t help but notice in Tabby voice, something changes. Like what she just said, was a lie.

“Yeah, but there isn’t really anything good playing,” I tell her, which is true the movie Theater, has played the same movies over and over again. I’m really sure, if I wanted I could say every word the actors say along with them. Getting movies in this town was far and in between, unlike other towns.

“That is why it’s called a road trip. I hear Trambet has new movies coming out this weekend, why don’t you and Bree go see something? It’ll be good for you girls to get out.”

“You think she’ll get a boyfriend?” I ask her, as we stand in front of our cars.

She grabs her keys from her pocket. “Child, for all of our shakes, I pray both of you find boyfriends. You two are to nice, not to have someone on your arm.” She then goes to her car and unlocks the door. “Now get home,” she tells me, before she gets in the car and drives out.

Shaking my head, I get in my truck and head home.

^^^^^^

Tink....Tink...Thunk!

I bolt out of bed as a large rock falls off on my window. Going to the window, I rub my eyes of sleep. But when I look outside, there is no one but the tree in the back yard and darkness. Opening the window, there no wind. The air is almost suffocating breathing it in.

Grabbing my window, I’m about to close it till a small pebble hits me in the face. “Ouch!” Putting my hand over my nose, I glair out in the darkness. “Okay, who ever is out there, you got two choices. Either tell me who the hell you are or I’m waking up my brother and he’ll play target practice in the dark.” I say into the darkness.

A chilling laugh fills the darkness. “Always giving choices, you never change.” A mail voice says.

“Who is there?”

The male voice takes in a breath and lets it out, like it’s a bother to even say who they were. “Abric of course,”

Dread fills my body, as if I had been hoping it would had been someone else. But who? Why did it feel like my heart knew something, that I didn’t? I mean really, what the hell. “What do you want?”

“Ask me to come inside and I’ll tell you,”

Shaking my head, I grab hold of the window again. “Yeah fat chance,” then I slam the window shut.

As I’m about to crawl back into bed, my window flies up with Abric crouching down looking into my room. But he doesn’t come any closer. Almost, as if he’s not allowed to. “Al-” he shakes his head. “I mean Kalley, please don’t shut me out.” He pleads. “You may not remember but-” Skid jumps out of no where and scratches Abric clean a cross the face with a fears hiss. “You can’t protect her like that forever and you know it! You’ll shed that fur and show your self to her!” Then Abric his gone.

Skid hisses into the darkness, as if wording off the threat Abric had just thrown at him for whatever reason.

Closing the window, I pick up Skid and hold him close to my chest. “Come on, let’s get you some
milk and I’ll check all the locks,” I tell him as we leave my room.

^^^^^

The next day at school, Bree and I are eating lunch together. “So will you come? It’ll be fun,”

She mid chew through her salad. “I don’t know,” she tells me.

“It’ll be a lot of fun. I mean, when was the last time, did we see a good movie, that wasn’t in this town?”

“Seventh grade, you threw up popcorn half way through the movie. You had the flue and I told you to stay home. But no, you just HAD to see that movie.”

Bree could remember about anything, if she cared to remember it. “Exactly,”

She chews a little bit more and mulls it over. “Fine, but if you get sick again, we are never watching a movie again, that isn’t in town.”

“Deal,”

“Hello ladies,” Abric sits down at me.

When I look at him, he’s clean shaved. There isn’t even a mark on his face from Skid slashing him. Weird. “Go away,” Bree tells him, with an edge in her voice.

Abric smiles at her. “I should say,” he looks back at me. “Hello fair lady, how are you?” He asks in an old timey voice. A voice I could imagain they would use in castles and carriage times. When people dressed fancy for parties or get together.

The bell goes off, so we get up taking our trays with us. “So you will come right?” I ask Bree, as if Abric isn’t standing right behind me.

“Yeah, we’ll talk more about it,” she glairs at Abric, then back at me with still a sharp look in her eyes, as if to tell me to stay on my toes when I’m around him. “See you in an hour,” then she off.

“So what was that all about?” Abric asks, as we walk to class.

Casper and Carter turn the corner, both grabbing Abric by the arm and throwing him down the hallway. “We aren’t repeating the past Abric,” Casper tells him in a quite voice.

Abric glairs at them, then sets his eyes on me. “No we won’t, because it’s different this time,” then he turns away and walks back down the hallway the other direction.

“What was that all about?” I ask them, but they say nothing. “Fine, whatever,” turning away from them I head to my class, but even as I go, I can feel their eyes burning on my back. Why did it hurt so much walking away from them?

^^^^

“Oh come on, it’s just going to be the two of you going to the movies. Why do you have to put so much effort in it?!” Ridder complains sitting on the sofa.

Since he was the only other person home, he got voted against his will to give his opinion of what we wear for tonight. “We are girls!” I yell as I get done with my outfit and come out of the down stairs bathroom first. “What do you think?”

Ridder shakes his head. “No skirt, put jeans on. Then you’ll be fine,”

“Why?”

“Boys don’t know how to keep their hands off, and when they see a girl wearing a skirt, they really don’t know how to keep their hands off of them,”

“That’s why we have knees and pepper spray. And since I have a big brother, who loves me enough taught me all the punch and kick points to send him crying home. I think we’ll be safe.”

Ridder shakes his head.

Bree comes out of the bathroom then, wearing jeans, a shirt and a matching leather jacket as mine. “Now see, why can’t you wear jeans like Bree?”

“Because she won a bet,” I tell him.

He looks between us. “What was the bet?”

“To see if Samantha True would rip her pants mid way through art class,”

Bree shakes her head. “You would really think she would had learned by now, doing the splits in
class and wearing those tight of pants never ends well,” she points her finger at me. “And you should know better by now not to bet against me when it comes to that girls,”

I shrug at her. “I know, but I have hopes for the girl and plus I feel sorry for her pants. Those are her tenth pair so far this year,”

“How can she rip that mean pants, didn’t the school year just start?” Ridder asks.

“Yeah, but she packs extra pairs, since the football team took pictures of her orange underwear, that said ‘Come & Get It’ on the butt,” Bree tells him.

“Yeah, not the best day for her so far,” I agree. “So can we go?”

Ridder looks at us. “Yeah fine, go. You got money?”

“I took forty out of your wallet,”

“Okay, call if you need me,” he says, as he gets up. He gives me a hug. “Have fun,” he then walks into the kitchen.

“Come on, lets go,”

^^^^^

Driving an hour and a half, we find a parking spot at the movie theater and leave the car behind. Bree keeps glancing around, like something is about to jump out of no where and she was going to make it cry for trying to scare us. “You really need to calm down, your starting to act like my cat.” I tell her.

She takes in a deep breath and slowly lets it out. “Your right,”

“Of course I am, you should never question me,” I say with a big smile on my face.

“I do question, how we are friends. Just so you know,”

“Because we are awesome,” I tell her point blank.

She shrugs her shoulders. “You might have a point,”

Getting our tickets for a scary movie, we go inside only to stop when we see Casper and Carter standing a few feet away from the door, with two big things of popcorn, drinks and candy. It’s as if they were waiting for us. “What the hell are you two doing here?” Bree gets in front of me, as if she is about to fight two bears.

“To join you two young un accompanied ladies to the movies,” Carter tells us.

“How did you find out about our plans?” I ask getting around Bree.

They both look at me, and I see in their eyes, desire, pain, fear, need and about every other emotion out there. “They have their ways, trust me,” Bree says, grabbing my hand and pulling me past them.

The two brothers follow after us, as if they are on guard doughty or something. -Well, this should be fun...I hope.-