Don't Ever Think I'll Make You Try to Stay.

We'll Have To Make It On Our Own.

(Frank's P.O.V.)

Gerard stared at me with wide eyes. His mouth slightly hung open. My face flushed and I started to wish I didn't open my stupid mouth.

Then finally, Gerard broke down crying at the table.

"You wanna get out of here?" I asked him, not wanting to disrupt other customers, but still genuinely concerned about the one I used to date.

He nodded and sniffed. I took Gerard's hand and we left the coffee shop. I took him into my car and waited for him to calm down a little.

"I still love you, Frank. I never stopped loving you. I thought I could never be with someone who hurt me tremendously. I was being a selfish asshole." He sobbed and blew his nose with a tissue I got from the middle console of my car.
"Gee, look at me." I wiped his stray tears away with my thumb and cooed to him softly. "Shhh. It's okay. We'll figure this out."
"I-I need you, Frankie. I really do. This has been the worst months of my life. I told myself I don't need to be with someone who cheated on me. But you only cheated once. Yes, you lied but now seeing you today made me realize I don't care. You made a mistake and I....I just..."

Gerard broke out into louder sobs as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him close to me.

"I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry. I shouldn't have just threw you out like I did-"
I cut off the rest of Gerard's sentence and kissed him softly instead. He blinked at me and I was a second away from apologizing when I felt his hands cup my face and this time, he was the one kissing me.

****
(Gerard's P.O.V.)

When Frank kissed me, I was surprised. I mean I poured my heart out to him but still wasn't expecting a kiss.

Meeting up with him made me realize that deep down I never wanna be without him again. I've been lying to myself this whole time. I had myself convinced he wasn't good enough for me when the truth is, I'm not good enough for him.

He did cheat on me, but that doesn't even matter anymore. I acted like a goddamn child and threw away our relationship. Not him.

I want us to be together again. I can't stay away from him any longer. I need my Frankie back. I need him now more than I ever thought possible.

I brushed a strand of my fire engine red bangs behind my ear and sighed. I looked at Frank and saw he was crying now too.

We sat there in his car in silence doing nothing but holding each other.

It started getting dark out so he followed me back to my house. He drove his car and I drove mine. He said he could drive me but I didn't want to leave my car in a parking lot in New Jersey.

I unlocked the front door to the house and Frank followed me inside. "Make yourself comfortable. I'll be right back." I walked off to the bathroom and returned a few minutes later.

Frank was grinning at me when he was standing in front of a picture of us that's still hanging on the wall. It was taken on the day he first moved in with me. We had our arms wrapped around each other. We were standing in the kitchen. Mikey took the photo.

"I couldn't bring myself to take that down. No matter how many times I thought about doing so." I confessed to him.
Frank stayed silent but looked at me, with that perfect smile on his face.

"So...what is going to happen between us now?"
"Well, to be honest, I think we should start over. Like a clean slate, y'know? No lies. No cheating."
Frank pursed his lips together and replied. "That sounds like a great idea."
I hugged the other and pressed a kiss into his soft hair. "This is probably going to be such a terrible idea, but I want you to make love to me."
Frank's jaw dropped and he stared at me. "Are you sure we should even be doing that now?"
I shook my head. "No, but it's been way too long and I just need to be close to you."

Frank bit his lip and shrugged his shoulders before leading me back to my bedroom. None of us bothered to close the door.

When we finished our love making, which went for three rounds, we layed there next to each other, not wanting to move. Everything was perfect at that moment.

It was the best sex we ever had because it wasn't just sex. We missed each other and our actions in this bedroom was proof of enough. We couldn't keep our hands off each other.

As we lay in our post orgasm state, I had a feeling that this was a new beginning for us both. I know that it's not going to be back to normal right away, but in time we will get there.

We talked about us and we agreed that we can't give up on each other, no matter what happened between us. We're still in love and that's the important thing.

Frank and I showered together and he went back to his and Bob's house for the night. I didn't want him to go but I had to be at work bright and early the next morning.

We were clearly exhausted as well. He and I promised we'll work things out no matter what is thrown our way.

I wonder what Mikey and everyone else is going to think. I bet they're all going to say that we are insane for getting back together after all the bullshit we put each other through.

Their opinions mean nothing. They can try to talk us out of doing this all they please. I am not going to give in, and neither should Frank.

Frank and I are finally back where we belong, as far from perfect as everything is right now, but we will only come out of this stronger than ever.