Status: As it is written entirely in journal entries, there will not be the usual "character descriptions" that most stories rely on. So, I will be doing all that I can to draw you in with your imagination.

Millions of Pieces

You're Living in a Dream

October 8th, 2014
8:15 PM


Alone again in this hotel. It’s only ever for two hours most of the time…and not even that whole time, this place is usually completely full, so I get the usual calls for wake-up calls, or extra toiletries, or god forbid they hear the person on the other side of the wall talking quietly…this is a 100 year old place, what do they expect? We have thin walls! That’s just how these places were made back in the day! We have ear plugs to give them…but they’d usually rather complain in hopes of getting a discount or something free than just take the damn ear plugs and go to sleep. I even offer to run them up the stairs to them! They never want them.

11:23 PM


Shit, dude creeped up on me again. When I was writing earlier, just was suddenly standing in front of me…wearing the same clothes as the last time I saw him. Yes, it is feasible that he changed multiple times since I last saw him…maybe he has been wearing the same thing this whole time though? No…that’s crazy. I can’t help think about what James said to me about the guy. He freaked me out, and is a little snoop. Interrupted me thoughts by commented on how silly it is that people don’t just take the ear plugs…man was reading over my shoulder! I told him it was rude of him to read what I was writing privately in my journal….he pointed out that it was rude of me to be writing something personal while I was at work. Couldn’t really argue that one. Bastard. He said it in the most eloquent way too. I hate that I know he will be gone soon…and that I really want to know this person, I just have no way of really getting to know. I asked him his name this go around…he wouldn’t tell me it, just smirked at me in the most adorable way and asked for a wine key…I only looked down for a second as I pulled open the drawer to grab one for him, and when I looked back up, he was already gone. Maybe he was a ghost? Hah, what a laugh.

October 9th, 2014
11:05 PM


I’m not laughing anymore….I decided to ask James about this guy who killed himself in the hotel back in the 30’s….what he knew about the guy. According to James he was only 25 years old. He was a young business man, no one really knew what happened, but he must have been depressed. Late one night he jumped off the roof of the hotel, and died right outside of the front doors of the hotel. His name was William Thomas. I just can’t stop thinking about it….I am scared. I got too curious and I started to research him…the images I could find online looked just like the man I had been seeing.

And I work graveyard tomorrow night. Ghosts aren’t supposed to actually exist. Every hotel is haunted, I’ve never actually interacted with one though, because they are just figments of imagination….right?

I have to believe this guy just knew about poor William Thomas and is sick. He is just dressing like the dead guy because he happens to look a lot like him…he is just trying to get a rise out of people at the hotel. That has got to be the answer.

October 10th, 2014
9:30 PM


I worked on my Ginger Rogers costume some more before work today…the dress is now sewn, and has been dyed…it is actually hanging in my bathroom, in the tub with a bucket under it to catch the dye that drips off of it. I figure I will leave it there for a day or two….well, okay, except for when I need a shower, then I will temporarily move it.

Tonight I work Grave again…I as much want to see this guy again as I hope he never shows his face to me again…I just cannot deal with the fact that I am the only person who seems to see him. One of three things is going on: Someone is playing a very cruel joke on me, I am going crazy, or ghosts are real. I can’t stand to think of any of those things being the answer. I want to believe it is just an eccentric guest. Yes. That is what it must be. There is no other explanation. At least I only have tonight and tomorrow night, then I have a weekend to not think about it again.

October 11th, 2014
3:33 AM


Fuck this place. He showed up again tonight. He seemed to notice something was off with me though. He smiled at me and handed me a rose, which I took…I’m sure I looked really suspicious of him though. I’m just sure James and Mary are laughing it up at me…They had to have hired him. His hand brushed mine as I took the rose, and he felt cold, but he was solid. Were he a ghost he would have passed through me, right? Isn’t that how these things work?

The worst part is knowing that he was put up to it by them two…he must have been. He wouldn’t have been so nice and said what he did if he wasn’t. He told me he wanted to get to know me better. He wanted to know if he could keep me company here at night, when I am on my down time. I didn’t know how to react. I didn’t know how to react, I thought maybe he was genuine. I told him he could, he gave me a wide grin and told me his name was William. I blinked and he was gone. That bastard is fast…I will give him that……..the chills rushing up my spine are giving me away though…I am terrified. What if…no…that is crazy…only one more night, then weekend.

8:30 PM


I am shaking. James has come down with some severe illness….they want me to cover until he gets better….if it takes more than a week they will give me a couple of days off they told me…in the meantime though….they’re scheduling me for the overtime and I don’t get my days off anymore. This is just wonderful.