Status: As it is written entirely in journal entries, there will not be the usual "character descriptions" that most stories rely on. So, I will be doing all that I can to draw you in with your imagination.

Millions of Pieces

So Glad You Could Make It

October 16th, 2014
3:50 AM


He told me he was glad I came back to work after what he told me last. I told him I wasn’t. He told me he believes me to be the reincarnation of his beloved…I asked him for her name. Her name was Kathleen Meyers. That was my great grandmother’s maiden name. This is all too real for me. I told him about my great grandmother…he didn’t seem horribly surprised, but he did seem to waiver. I asked him what he wanted from me, his answer was simple, but it still chilled me to my core. He wants my love.

9:45 PM


I know I have to go back there again tonight, but….I just don’t know that I can. What does he mean that he wants my love? How does he expect to get that from me? My stomach is in knots right now…I just can’t. I can’t deny that he has the look of someone I would love to date….you know, if they were a real life living person. I don’t know what is worse about this situation….that he is a ghost who has been so for 80 years now or that he was almost my great grandfather and now wants “my love” whatever that means…..or that I actually believe him. It is all too real and I am afraid to face him again.

October 17th, 2014
5:00 AM


Well….I officially know nothing. I thought at least hauntings isolated themselves to the building they happened in. I mean, aside from that weird thing with the roses on my door step…..Will has only ever been at the hotel……until tonight. I called out of work sick, the encounters had become too much……and he showed up at my home! I walked into my living room a couple hours ago and there he was…just standing there. He told me he had heard I was sick, and he wanted to make sure I was okay….I just. I’m scared. There is no where I can go. I almost don’t even want to be writing anymore, he might see this. I just don’t…I’m really scared.

6:30 PM


I called Mom today to see if she knew anything about Great-Grandma Kathleen being engaged to someone else, before she got married to Great-Grandpa. She hesitated. I had to push her to even tell me anything…but somehow she did actually know. She told me, after a lot of coercion, that there was a man her grandmother had only ever referred to as “Billy” who she had always missed. She said her grandma only ever talked to her about him after Great-Grandpa died. Apparently, her father hated Billy. When he left town to try to make money for the two of them to get married, her father threatened her. He told her that if she didn’t break things off with him and marry the man whom he had chosen for her, when Billy got home, he would have him killed. Her dad was a powerful man who wasn’t bluffing, and out of fear for his life, she called the hotel she knew he was staying at and broke things off with him. It was a few days later when she had heard of him taking his life. This caused her to not marry the man her dad wanted her to, she fell in love with someone else years later and that was my great-grandfather, but she never truly got over the death of Billy. There is no way this isn’t real, is there?

October 18th, 2014
11:00 PM


I decided to go back to work tonight. After hearing my mom’s story, I felt I needed to tell him….and making him show up at my home when I don’t come here, just….is too weird. There hasn’t been any sight of him yet though.

October 19th, 2014
5:00 AM


This is really weird. I still haven’t seen him at all yet. Is it because he knew he scared me the other day? It has been a couple days now…talk about being confused…I know he is real….and now there is no sight of him. What is happening to me?

11:30 PM


Still no sight of him yet, and I don’t know what to think. Could I actually be missing him? He is the ghost of my almost great-grandfather who may or may not be in love with me because I look like my great-grandmother when she was young…….yes, I am sane.

October 20th, 2014
4:30 AM


I am relieved that Will showed his face to me again this morning. I was starting to worry. I told him I was glad to see him and I saw a smile on his face like no other; that was happiness that couldn’t have been made up. I told him about what I had learned from Mom though…and he was finally the one who didn’t know what to say. He seemed shocked at first…almost angry, but finally just, mixed emotion. He thanked me for speaking with him, kissed my hand and told me he would see me tomorrow evening. Then he vanished right in front of my eyes. I wish he hadn’t left.