Status: As it is written entirely in journal entries, there will not be the usual "character descriptions" that most stories rely on. So, I will be doing all that I can to draw you in with your imagination.

Millions of Pieces

I'm Gonna Set You Free Tonight, Baby

October 21st, 2014
4:00AM


Just a few days ago I was terrified of Will…and a few weeks ago I had a mad crush on him…today, I am not sure how I feel. I just find myself wishing he was here when he isn’t. When he is here, I am terrified, but also happy, I’m more afraid of him leaving and possibly not coming back than I am of him being a creepy ghost or figment of my imagination. I’ve stopped caring what he might or might not be…I enjoy his company. Maybe I have just been on my own for too long…I don’t care though. He is the best part of my days. I know I can’t share my feelings on the subject with anyone else though.

I asked Will tonight, why, if he can visit me at home, does he only really visit me here? He told me he was afraid of scaring me. He noticed how scared I was the night he DID visit me at home. He also mentioned that it was only possible because I had brought something from the hotel home with me, that he was able to “latch on to”. The semantics are weird, but I gave him permission to visit me at home. James is going to be able to come to work again starting tonight night…I just don’t want that to prevent me from seeing Will.

October 22nd, 2014
5:00 AM


Will agreed to visit me at home on the nights when James is working. He never did show up last night or this early morning though. I’m worried about him. Will would have been here if he was able to….did he forget that he needed to meet me here and show himself to James? Would James try to stop him from coming to see me if he had? I have too many questions, not nearly enough answers. As long as Will finds me tonight, everything will be fine.

Oh, and my wig came in the mail yesterday. My shoes should get here in a day or two as well. I will have the best costume guaranteed for the Halloween party at work.

October 23rd, 2014
2:30 AM


He hasn’t shown up yet. I am freaking out. He wouldn’t make a promise to me and not keep it. He just wouldn’t do that to me. Why would he do this to me? No…no…He must be in trouble. It has to be that James. Everything was fine until he had to come back to work…he fucked it all up. It’s only 2:30 now….I can make it to the hotel by 3….he usually takes his lunch break then anyway…and leaves his drink glass unoccupied while he gets his food…I could easily slip something into his drink….no, no…not to kill him. Just to make him sick again. If he gets sick, he has to leave…then I get to be there to take over the desk for him…and Will can come see me. It’s a perfect plan.

4:30 AM


The plan at least half worked. I managed to sneak in, drop the poison into his glass and get out unnoticed. Thankfully, for me, we don’t have security cameras either…so unless someone gets their hands on this book, which is highly unlikely, I’ll never be caught. It was a low enough dose to be slow acting and non-lethal…he will definitely be unable to work now though. I expect any time today, to get a call from my boss, telling me James is back in the hospital.

9:00 PM


Just got my call. I can’t say I’m not happy to be back in the hotel tonight. I am excited just thinking about how I will get to see Will again. He has been all I can think about these past couple of days. I have become worried about him as well as just missing him. I can no longer deny the fact that I am head over heels in love.

October 24th. 2014
3:00 AM


The problem, here, is that I have yet to see Will still… He should be here. I know he should. I already put a sign up at the desk, saying I would be right back and I searched the hotel for any sign of him…I don’t really know why, considering he is a ghost…you’d think he would have no problem getting away from anything. Is it James still? Did I need to kill him? Did he do something to Will? Maybe killing him will help free Will from wherever he is being imprisoned. I just don’t understand…what could have imprisoned him? TV shows say they can’t cross salt…Maybe…

4:00 AM


I am such an idiot! Will has the run of the hotel, including the restaurant on property…he was in the kitchen when a bag of salt spilled around him…it was a mess. It’s curious that no one cleaned the mess up over a matter of days, but I did and Will thanked me. He also apologized to me, once again, for not being able to keep his promise to visit me, as he was stuck. He promised to stay with me all tomorrow night to make up for it. This is the best October ever.

October 25th, 2014
5:30 AM


Will definitely kept his word tonight. He showed up around midnight and just sat in the back room talking to me all night. It was wonderful. He was so happy that I finally came around, and I couldn’t be happier myself. He held my hand, kissed me, and told me about his life. If this is all just some strange dream, let me never wake from it. The way he looks at me…is all I have ever wanted from another human. I have never felt so loved in my life, and I have never loved another person as much as I love him. My nights are passing much too quickly now that he and I are on this level, but I couldn’t care less. He gives me a reason to wake up and come to work every day. I am quite literally, the happiest I have ever been.

October 26th, 2014
3:30 AM


Tonight he told me he wants to be my date at the company Halloween party. I’m not sure how that will work, but I told him, “Of course!” Will others even be able to see him? I have never even seen him with others present before. Will it just look like I am dancing by myself to others? I guess I will find out soon.