Status: As it is written entirely in journal entries, there will not be the usual "character descriptions" that most stories rely on. So, I will be doing all that I can to draw you in with your imagination.

Millions of Pieces

All the Stars Explode Tonight

October 31st, 2014
5:00 PM


I’m sorry Journal…please don’t be mad. I tried really hard, I really did, to write in you every day….Just…there hasn’t been anything to report the last few days. Will and I are still doing famously…that’s all. Honest. I am all done up in my Ginger Rogers costume for the party tonight, and I’m just a bit nervous about seeing Will there. I’m really excited though.

8:30 PM


I’ve been at the party for an hour now. Everyone has been really nice, lots of compliments on my costume. It really is the best, in comparison to all the store bought cheap stuff most of my coworkers are wearing. I haven’t laid my eyes on Will yet though, and I am getting worried. I have already had a few too many drinks, and I really don’t feel like the lame small talk that everyone wants to have with me.

11:00 PM


Where is he? I have already done a round on the building, just in case he was trapped somewhere again…but he is nowhere to be seen. I don’t know what to do. He said he would be here, so I need to be patient I suppose. I just keep ordering “one more drink” while I wait….I’m sure the bartender is going to cut me off any moment now…even my writing is starting to slur! HAH!

OH! THERE YOU ARE! YOU ARE LOOKING RIGHT AT ME!!!

***


Two weeks ago a hotel employee on the corner of 6th and Haven jumped to her death. Witnesses say 23-year-old Kathleen Harris became drunk at the company Halloween party that she was attending that tonight.

“She started rambling on about some guy.” Co-worker Mary Smith told reporters. “She grabbed my arm and pointed at no one, crying out, ‘It’s him! It’s Will! Isn’t he handsome?’ But I didn’t see anyone. When I told her such, she was not very happy with me. She got up and walked really quickly over to where she had been pointing, and then she walked out of the room. None of us though anything of it at the time. We all knew she was a little bit odd, but none of us thought she was legit crazy, you know?”

Smith went on to tell how there were others who saw her go up to the roof, as if she was being let by hand by someone, except she wasn’t holding anyone’s hand, she was alone. Security footage from the roof shows Ms. Harris arguing, seemingly with no one, before closing her eyes and stepping off the edge of the building.

Authorities are now saying that they found a journal that had been in her possession at the time of her death. It contains ramblings about a ghostly love affair that have led police psychologists to believe she had been suffering from schizophrenia at the time of her death. The notebook also mentioned her poisoning one of her co-workers, who is still in critical condition. Authorities are discussing how to move forward with this information.

Right now, our prayers are with Ms. Harris’s family as they mourn their loss. We will keep you updated as the story unfolds.