The Fever Becomes My Home

Lost Kids

Ashley stood in the shower, rubbing small circles on his head, thinking about his new job and all the things this would do for him. He was going to work at a world renowned Mental Hospital. He felt incredibly honored to get to intern there for a while. Ashley never really understood why he was so interested in nursing and helping other people but it had always been a passion of his.

He eventually finished up and got out, drying off and climbing into bed. He slept peacefully through the night waking up at 6:30 to get ready for work. Ashley was beyond excited to meet the patients and co workers he'd be working with. Ashley dressed himself comfortably in his nursing attire and fixed his hair perfectly, quickly running out the door.

The entire time he was driving he couldn't peel his thoughts away from the job, he'd spoken to a lady named Elizabeth on the phone and she seemed nice. He remembered he needed to ask for her when he got there just as he pulled into the parking lot. Ashley studied the large building and parked. He parked and fluffed his hair, moving it around a bit. Once be deemed himself finished, he got out his car, locking it as he walked into the Hospital.

He walked through the double doors and up to the pleasant looking secretary, "Hi, I'm Ashley Purdy, I was told to ask for Elizabeth?" He spoke sounding very professional. The blonde lady looked up from her computer and smiled welcomingly. "Yes, she's on the third floor, the elevator is just over there." The short girl leaned across the desk to point to the elevator. Ashley smiled and nodded, walking over to the elevator and pushing the button for the third floor.

Ashley tapped his foot lightly as he rode up eventually coming to a stop. He walked out onto the floor seeing a brunette lady holding a clip board and decided to ask her where Elizabeth was. He walked up to her lightly tapping her shoulder, causing her to turn around. "Where might I find Elizabeth? I'm her intern." Ashley explained with a small smile, glancing over her shoulder at the various things going on. "Oh, she's in room 213 with Andy right now, just stand outside the door she should be done soon." She smiled turning back around to the person she was talking to. Ashley started down the long hall, looking at all doors before finally finding 213, he glanced into the small window on the door at the boy on the bed. He seemed so young to have to be in a place like this. Maybe he'd get to work with him a bit? His thoughts came to an abrupt end when Elizabeth opened the door, motioning him to come in. Ashley sort of shyly came in, introducing himself to Elizabeth then walking slightly towards the boy sitting silently on the bed. "Hey there." He smiled sweetly. "I'm Ashley." He said quietly cocking his head slightly to the side. He waited a minute then spoke again after not receiving an answer. "I'm going to be helping you for a while and I hope we can be friends." He smiled sweetly, studying the boys odd posture and behavior.

Ashley stood after not receiving a single world from the seemingly upset boy, walking out of the room with Elizabeth. "That's Andy." She started. "He has severe Schizoaffective disorder. He doesn't usually talk to new people much." She glanced in at him. Ashley nodded understandingly. "Would it be okay if I went in to speak with him one more time?" Elizabeth nodded. Ashley slowly opened the door again and walked in. "Andy?" He asked sitting lightly on the edge of the bed. "You don't have to be afraid of me.. I'm not here to hurt you in anyway." He said in a soft voice, noticing Andy's body continue to tense with each word he said.

"Well, I'll be around if you want to talk." He smiled, standing and walking out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/n: Hello! I'm the other writer. I'm not as good as bae tbh but anywho, here's my first chapter. ^,^

- Genesis