The Fever Becomes My Home

Can You Chase Away The Darkness?

Ashley studied the small boy and how nervous he was. Knowing why now, it only made him want to help him more. It was so sad to think that Andy's own father would drive him this far as to not want to be around any men at all. It completely sickened Ashley.

Andy seemed so frail now, like Elizabeth said, he doesn't do anything except come to her or talk to anyone but her. Ashley felt sort of honored in a way that Andy would talk to him. By the way Elizabeth had spoken about it, he wouldn't have normally done that. "I actually have a few comics you could add to the collection if you'd like." Ashley smiled finally letting his hand drop to his side. Andy seemed pleased at the idea of more things to add to the walls. Andy nodded, still nervous about looking directly at Ashley, looking all about the room. Ashley didn't care one bit to give Andy his old batman comics because they seemed to make Andy happy, serve as a distraction.

Ashley looked around the room as well, looking at all the various things Andy had so obviously become attached to. It was sad really, Andy didn't really have any friends except for Elizabeth. He'd just shut himself inside of his mind with all of his stuff inside this little room. Ashley so wished he could just help Andy out of this mess, but obviously it wasn't that simple. Andy was deep in his illness, clearly because he was here. The way Elizabeth talked about it, he might never get to leave.

"I'll let you alone so you can rest. I'm glad we got to talk a little." Ashley smiled fondly, starting to walk out of the room. He was stopped by Andy grabbing his sleeve.

"When will you come back?" Andy asked hoarsely, quickly letting go of Ashleys sleeve. Ashley turned and looked down at the boy.

"Soon." Ashley smiled, walking out of Andys room. He was met with Elizabeth who was so happy Ashley honestly thought she might scream.

"He spoke to you!! He touched you!!" She nearly bounced. "Yeah. Yeah he did." Ashley said proudly, remembering their pinky swear and then Andy grabbing his sleeve. "This is amazing, Ashley. You have no idea." She smiled seemingly from ear to ear. "He wants me to come back.." Ashley said happily, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Let him sleep for a few hours and then come back." Ashley nodded, being scooted off by the ecstatic Elizabeth.

Ashley went on throughout the day, working with the various patients and nurses. All the while thinking of Andy and how he was doing. Ashley absolutely couldn't wait for Elizabeth to come get him so he could see Andy. His thoughts again were interrupted by a less than happy Elizabeth walking up to him. His eyebrows furrowed as she approached.

"What is it?" He asked head slightly to the side. She shook her head no and began talking.

"He- Andy. Doesn't want to see you again." She breathed, sadly. Ashley entire face fell. Why did it change so quick? Obviously he was sad about it but he couldn't let that show. Of course he did a terrible job at that.

"Oh.. I see." He gave a half hearted smile. "I'll just-" he pointed down the hall and Elizabeth nodded. He started walking away to another patients room. He eventually got over the fact and realized it might have been his illness. It can change him like the wind. Ashley tried not to take it personal as he went about the rest of the day, walking past Andys room a couple of times and having to stop and peek in. He was sleeping most times but sometimes he was sitting up and drawing or reading. He finally finished up his day and packed up, saying goodbye to his new colleagues.

On his way out, he saw a light on in Andys room. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door, opening up the door. "Andy?" He said quietly, seeing him sitting at his small desk. Ashley easily walked over to him when he didn't reply to him. "I-I just wanted to say goodbye.." He smiled looking over the pictures strewn across the table.

Andy looked up and startled, moving quickly from his chair to the bed, curling up like he had the first time Ashley saw him. "G-goodbye.." He stuttered looking at the wall beside him. Ashley looked at him and smiled, feeling the least bit satisfied he got a reply even if it was short. "I'll see you tomorrow." He waved lightly and turned to leave. Once outside, he took a deep breath getting into his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/n Sorry this took so long(/-\) I've been busy. But yeah here's this. Hope you love it! ^.^