Deadly Echoes

1

Normal wasn’t something Lydia Martin knew how to define anymore, not when she went from dating the captain of lacrosse to having an ex boyfriend who was the lizard of revenge. Not when everything she did was pretend that she wasn’t a genius to pretending werewolves were just myths. Normal wasn’t something that happened in Beacon Hills anymore, all due to a man named Derek Hale, he had turned everyone’s world upside down with one bite, so why was the fact of him not being around anymore heartbreaking? Standing with her pack, her family Scott McCall and Stiles Stillinksi at his pretend funeral tears that weren’t fake rolled down her cheeks.

Maybe it was the fact that she was mourning an old life. The normal one she never even got to appreciate. Looking up at Scott who held onto Kira his girlfriend and kitsune fox shifter she had hoped her leader would have some kind of words to help her. With his face impassive like stone she made another turn, one to the boy who would have cut out his own heart to make her smile now in the arms with Derek’s cousin Malia Hale. Bitter and regretful fury raged within her. How easily she had been replaced.

Though Lydia had been blind too long to her feelings towards Stiles. Spending it with men who weren’t worth her love. Now she was alone, on the outside. On the brink of turning to insanity. Only one person seemed to know how to help Lydia, the man who had started her insanity as a banshee. Peter Hale, starting out as innocent sessions to Echo House and the containment center below Lydia found herself relying on and crushing on the elder wolf.

Licking her lips to keep them from cracking a wave of nausea hit the young redhead, it was nearly enough to bring her to her knees. Sliding her hand around Stiles’ free hand to steady herself and hoping he’d ground her like he had been doing in the recent months. Her lifeline began slipping away as she found herself falling backwards awaiting the ground. It never came, instead she found herself cradled by Jordan Parrish the supernatural no one knew what he was and a cop under Stiles dad.

“I’ve got her, come on Lydia let me take you to the cruiser you can sit in silence okay?” He said softly, tucking her head under his chin. All she could do was shiver in his arms as her skin became slicked with her own panic induced sweat. Peter had been right, the closer she would get to eighteen her powers would amplify. Her hands clutched behind Jordan’s head as he carried her to the car, eventually settling her down on the hood of the car. Her hazel green eyes searched up into his as the wave of nausea she had been developing finally settled down. Luckily Jordan had that effect, whatever he was he stopped the brunt of her powers.

For now.

“I’m fine Jordan really, it’s just so hot.” Lydia said with a smile, it was fake. The one she used to use with Jackson Whittemore the boyfriend before the whole turning into a banshee thing. The lizard that she still had some feelings for. Did he still care for her? Did he think about her? What did he do in London away from her? Lydia’s mind went rampant with thoughts as the smile waivered for a brief second. Pushing off, her tiny hand connected with his shoulder as she tried to get away. There in his eyes was a kindness that she didn’t deserve, understanding and even affection. All the things that were becoming hollow in her, rubbing her chest absently she pushed past Scott and Stiles who now noticed her absence.

Words followed her, they wanted to her to stay she was pack. But the voices were banging and screaming at the mental barriers that she had put up at Peter’s instructions. If she didn’t get to the ex-alpha there was no telling what could happen.

What she would do.