Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 1

Heeeere we go 8D (told in 2nd person, most oneshots are told in 3rd person)

Name: Aura Asakura,
Eyes: Silver
Hair Color/length: Chocolate brown/ waist
Race: Human
Age: 17
Height: about 5' 4''
Facts: Everything beyond the past four years of her life is all black. No matter how hard she tries she can't remember anything from before four years ago.
Beliefs: Half elves and humans should be treated equally. They're both people; race shouldn't have anything to do with how someone is treated.
Prized Possession: Her Sword and her Silver Locket.
Weapon: Naginata with an enchanted blade and handle which allows it to appear a normal double-edged sword until you put your mana into it. She has an Exsphere and Keycrest on the back of her right hand.
Outfit: The outfit Xainguha, from Soul Caliber II, wears, (just with no hat)

~-~Prologue~-~
An auburn-haired man sat, depressed, at his desk. His sad eyes stared at the picture in front of him listlessly,
".....it's been four years now....." he murmured. A beautiful girl with long brown hair and kind grey eyes smiled a gentle smile at him from her place in the picture. "...I miss you..." he whispered, head hanging.

His head rose a little and his ears twitched slightly when he heard footsteps drawing closer. He put his hand on top of the picture frame and pushed it face down on the table. If the person coming saw the picture of the girl, they would take it for themselves. The door opened; light flooded into his barely-lit room.

"......" he looked back at the door over his shoulder,
"It's time for You to go." his leaders voice ordered, "Get up."
"...The Oracle for the Chosen isn't for a week, yet..." the man reminded his leader softly, hand resting on the back of the picture frame,
"So what?" his leader sneered, "Arrive in Triet and walk to the village. Escort a caravan or something...Entering the village like a normal human would be good."
".........." the man said nothing,
"I don't care that it's the 'four-year-anniversary'." he growled, "My subordinates will find her soon enough, and she will be Mine once again." *She will be 'yours' Over my dead body...* the man growled mentally, "Change into something more normal, and go! I will not stand for your stubbornness!"
".......understood." he muttered.

The door slammed as his lord left,
"...." the man sighed softly, using his mana to bring the light in his room to full brightness. He gently set the picture in his desk drawer, then closed it. *Four years...* he thought, changing into the purple outfit he had chosen to wear, *...you've been gone... where are you......?*

Once he finished changing, he left his room; extinguishing the lamp with his mana the same way he had given it light. He drug himself to the teleporter where his old friend and his lord were waiting.
"Find a caravan to guard, or someone to escort or something." his lord ordered, "Make it to Isealia in a weeks time, and protect he Chosen so this ritual will finally be complete!!"
"....Understood." the man agreed numbly. Then left.

Once he was gone, his lord left; his friend looked to the teleporter. He thought sadly *Her disappearance Broke him...Kratos...*

~*~*~
~*~*~
Quiz Start: It was your first day walking around Iselia. You met some nice people, and everyone seemed quick to notice that you were new. You were looking at the houses when you bump into someone, causing you both to fall over.
"I'm sorry." you apologize quickly. After looking at who you ran in to, you find it was a short boy, with white spiky hair, pale blue eyes, dressed in a light blue short sleeved shirt, and light blue shorts...although they didn't quite seem like the normal fare of shirts and shorts. You stand up and help him up.
"It's no problem. I'm Genis." he greeted extending his hand. You take his hand and shake it in a friendly manner.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Aura."
"Are you new? I haven't seen you around the village before."
"Yes. I just moved into a house a little way outside the village." you say "This is the first time I've ever actually been in the village."
"Well.... Welcome to Iselia." he greeted. You smile in response,
"Thanks. Hey, um... would you show me around? I'm kinda lost..." you ask, a small blush of embarrassment trying to cross your cheeks.
"Sure, I don't mind. You could even meet my friends. I'm sure they'd like you."
"That sounds great." you respond. You follow Genis as he walked off, and listened as he explained different buildings and people.

You're looking at the school house when you hear someone call towards you,
"Hey, Genis! There you are!"
"Hi Lloyd, hi Colette!" the little elf called back, waving. You turn around and see a girl with perfect blonde hair, blue eyes, dressed in white, and a boy who was taller than you but appeared to be about your age. He had somewhat pointed brown hair, brown eyes and wore all red; he also had two swords hanging from belts around his waist. A white bandage wrapped around his right hand as though he'd cut his palm.
"Genis, who is your new friend?" asked the girl, looking at you curiously,
"Oh yeah...Aura, I'd like you to meet Colette," he motioned to the girl, "And Lloyd." he motioned to the boy, "Lloyd, Colette, meet Aura."
"Nice to meet you. Welcome to the village of Iselia!" Colette said with a friendly smile.
"It's nice to meet you too."
"Is that an Exsphere?" Lloyd questioned, looking at the stone on your hand,
"Huh? Oh, yes."
"Huh...not too often you see them on people. Are you a Mercenary?" he asked,
"A mercenary...? No, no. I've got it because I did a lot of traveling before I moved here; I needed to be able to fight to protect myself."
"Aaaah, I see." he nodded, and you turned back to the schoolhouse.
"Tomorrow I start school here."
"My sister is the teacher. She's really nice...but can sometimes get a little...uh..." Genis trailed off,
"Scary." Lloyd finished,
"Lloyd!"
"Well, I mean, she can be."
"Don't worry Genis." you assure, "I'm sure she's not that bad." You talk for a while, and find that you could get along with all three of them pretty easily. After looking at the sky, you see its getting pretty late, "I'm gonna head home before it gets too much darker."
"See you tomorrow?" asked Colette.
"Haha. Of course!" then you take off, headed for home. When you get home, you sigh, while smiling. *Life here will be good... I've already made friends...!* after changing you crawled into bed and went to sleep.

While walking to town the next morning to attend your first day of class, you see Lloyd walk out of the small forest that stopped near the village entrance.
"Hey! Lloyd!" you call jogging to catch up with him,
"Hey Aura...!" he called, turning and waving as you caught up with him. Neither of you noticed, but someone is watching you. A half elf, with blue hair, and a cape. *I thought she disappeared...four years ago...but....I guess she really is alright.* A funny feeling built in your gut, like...eyes on you.
"...Hey, Lloyd." you say, dropping your tone to a whisper
"...?"
"I...I think someone is watching us." Lloyd discretely scanned the area around you both,
"Yeah, you're right. I see someone over there; on the hill." You quickly spin around and see a man with blue hair standing on a small hill watching you. *He... do I... know him?* his face seemed familiar, like you'd seen him before.
"Who are you?" you ask. He looked surprised by your question, then... he simply disappeared.
"Do you know him?" asked Lloyd.
"I...I don't think so...but he looked really familiar."
"Hmm..."
"We should get going. If we stand here too much longer were gonna be late!" you say. You both quickly get to class. You sit behind Genis, and next to Lloyd and Colette.
"Good morning." greeted the professor. A woman dressed in orange, with grey hair like Genis *Heh. I can see the resemblance.* you think. "As some of you may know. We have a new student. Aura, please stand and introduce yourself."
"Yes Professor." you stand like she asked, "My name is Aura Asakura...uh..." you trailed off awkwardly and a few people muttered a 'hello'.
"Alright, you may be seated." and she continued with her lesson.

Soon a week had passed, you felt you were really beginning to get used to life in Iselia; you liked the mild climate, and it was so small you'd met over half of the village population already. Also, after learning that you, too, lived outside of the village, Lloyd would wait for you at the mouth of the forest every morning, and you'd walk to class together, meeting Genis and Colette there.
On this day....After returning to class from the lunch break Raine began the next lesson, however Lloyd fell asleep. After a long lecture from Raine, he was forced to stand in the back of the room holding up to buckets of water. Professor Raine explained the story of the goddess Martel to the class, seeming to enjoy telling the story. *....* something always bothered you when you heard that story... You jumped when Raine exclaimed,
"Lloyd Irving wake up!! Lloyd!" she hurled an eraser at him, hitting him square in the face,
"Gah......." he groaned, waking up,
"How do you manage to sleep standing?" she sighed, walking to the back of the classroom to get her eraser.
"Oh...Professor Raine...eh...is class over?" he asked hopefully.
"Never mind." Raine sighed, her eraser retrieved, "Let's have someone else answer the question. Genis, how about you?"

"Yes, Raine." Genis stood, "Mithos, the hero, brought about the end of the Ancient War in the Holy Ground of Kharlan."
"Correct." she nodded approvingly, "Afterwards, Mithos, the hero, formed a pact with the Goddess Martel to seal away the Desians whom caused the war."
"But the Desians came back and are now causing everyone to suffer!" Lloyd argued from the back of the class,
"We covered that in class last time, remember?" Raine told him patiently, "When the Seal weakens the Desians reappear. Just like they have now."
"I...I knew that. I....I just forgot..." he muttered, embarrassed,
"Today is the Day of Prophecy. It is a very important day, which the Chosen of Mana will receive an oracle from the Goddess Martel." the professor explained, "Now, Chosen One...Colette."
"Yes, ma'am." Colette stood. You would have been surprised to hear Colette was the Chosen, had you not been told so at lunch a few days ago.
"Tell us about the journey of world regeneration." the professor asked,
"It is a journey to seal the Desians." Colette explained, "Upon passing the trials of the Goddess Martel, the Summon Spirits that protect the world awaken, and mana is restored."
"Correct. I suppose we should expect the Chosen herself to know the answer to that one." Colette took her seat, "Mana depletion is the cause of the current food shortages and droughts. It is said that this occurs because the Desians consume vast amounts of mana in their human ranches.
"The Chosen's journey has two purposes--to revive mana as well as defeat the Desians. Now, for the next question, Aura."
"Yes mamm." you stood.
"Each seal the Chosen releases is the seal of a Summon Spirit." she explained, "Name each Summon Spirit and its attribute."
"U-uh..." you mumble, quickly remembering the spirits, "Uh--Y-yes ma'am. Undine is the Summon Spirit of Water... Efreet is the Summon Spirit of Fire... the 3 Sylphs are the Summon Spirits of Wind, Volt is the Summon Spirit of Lightening, Celsius is the Summon Spirit of Ice, Shadow is the Summon Spirit of Darkness, and Luna and Aska are the two Summon Sprits of Light."
"Yes," Raine complimented. "An..."
"Oh--! Origin." you add quickly, "He's the King of Summon Spirits. And Maxwell controls the four principal elements." Raine gave you a satisfied smile,
"Yes....Very good, Aura. You may take your seat." you sat back down, sighing quietly. You didn't really enjoy being put on the spot, even if it was just answering questions in class.

Raine was about to ask another question when white light flooded in from the window, blinding everyone momentarily.
"What was that?" you ask looking out the window. Excited murmurs and whispers broke out all around the class.
"Settle down. It seems the time for the Oracle has come. I will go, and check on the chapel. The rest of you stay here, and study on your own." Professor Raine ordered as she ran out of the door,
"Professor, I'll go with you." suggested Colette, standing hopefully.
"No Colette. If it is the oracle, the priests will come for you." she argued. "Stay here with everyone else."
"Yes mamm." she sighed. Once Raine had departed Lloyd began to make his way to the door.
"Lloyd! You aren't thinking of leaving are you?" Genis exclaimed, running towards him.
"I wanna see what happens. Besides, it research!"
"Lloyd!"
"Hey Aura!" he called over his friend, "I'm gonna go to the temple. Wanna come with me?"
"...S-sure!" you agree. You were really interested in this, because it was all so familiar to you. "Colette. Wanna come, to?" you ask,
"Okay." she added,
"Yeah. Come on Genis!" Lloyd urged.
"Fine..." he sighed. You all quickly leave and head towards the temple, but before you can even leave town, you get into two fights with monsters zombies, but your reach the temple after about 30 minutes anyway. *I thought the Professor had said this northern territory was a sanctuary!!* you wonder .

When you get there you feel really weird, like your head began to hurt...
"Aura... are you alright?" asked Genis, noticing you putting your hand on your head. Lloyd and Colette turned to you, hearing Genis' question,
"I-I have a bad feeling." you voice, "I'm gonna walk around for a while. I'll be fine. Don't worry." while Lloyd, Genis and Colette went up the stairs, you walk around the temple grounds. You sit on a grass patch around the base of a pillar. You run your fingers through the grass while you think. The feel of the cool grass sliding in between your fingers felt relaxing; and helped you clear your head, *Hmm....Why is this place familiar?* you wonder, *I don't think I've been here before...I haven't been to Iselia before, have I?* but you're abruptly jerked out of your train of thought when you hear a woman's voice yell,
"Run, Colette!" *Uh oh...*

You climb the ancient pillar, and you reach the top in time to see Lloyd, Genis, and Colette all down, and a large man about to finish them.
"No..." you whisper. But before you can do anything, a man dressed in purple, with auburn eyes and auburn spiked hair showed up and deflected the blow with his sword, dealing Vidarr a blow as well, *So strong...* you think. When he glanced at Lloyd, Colette and Genis over his shoulder you got a clear view of his face and stiffen slightly. You had seen it before...somewhere, *Why is he...so familiar...?* you think. You delved through your memories, however you couldn't find anything; you didn't remember seeing him, but his face was familiar.
"Who are you?" asked Lloyd,
"Get out of the way." is all he said. Pain jarred through your head upon hearing his voice.
"Mmmm..." you murmur, putting a hand on your head, kneeling down on the top of the pillar. Your vision blurred slightly from your headache, but it soon returned to normal after the headache disappeared; you look back at the battle. Even with the stranger's help, your friends were still having trouble; Vidarr's strength was only aided by his enormous size. You stand, and pull out your sword, channeling mana into the handle, and making it a staff. You murmur the only spell you know under your breath.
"Fire Ball!" you call aloud, throwing your free hand towards the battle. Three fire balls go flying at the attacker. They all hit their mark, the middle of Vidarr's back,
"What the hell?!" He whipped around, everyone looking back, to see you. The stranger seemed startled to see you, though you couldn't tell if he recognized you, or if it was because of where you were currently standing.
"Why you--!!" exclaimed Vidarr angrily. You get a defensive stance, staff at the ready to try and block any attack he could try to throw at you. However pain suddenly jarred through your head again,,
"O-ow!" you almost drop your staff, putting your other hand on your forehead. Vidarr took advantage of your moment of dropped guard, and threw the ball and chain. It crushed the pillar you're standing on, and making you fall.
"Aura!" called Lloyd.

You land hard, side first, on the ground and one piece of the pillar landed on your left leg; your leg wasn't broken, luckily. The way the pillar had landed, a section with a chunk missing is what landed on your leg, the longer sections burying into the ground, and the section that was missing a piece over your leg and pinning it to the ground. Your staff landed blade first in the ground, the staff instantly shrunk because you weren't supplying it with Mana anymore.
"AAHHHH!" you exclaim, fairly loud, then mutter "Man..."
"Aura!" Genis called, while still fighting Vidarr, now with the stranger's aid.
"I'm ok!!" you call back to them. You really were, it's just...you were pinned to the ground. You try and move the rock "Gaahh. A piece of the pillar landed on my leg. And I can't move it!"
"Are you alright?" asked Colette.
"I'll be fine, I just need to move this--" you stop when a half elf with grayish black hair walked up to you from where he and other Desians had been hiding around the ruins,

"You must be the one he was talking about..." he muttered
"Who is 'he'...?" you ask. Lloyd and the others just finished the battle.
"I don't know why, but he wants to speak with you" he explained, "Now. Come with us." you wanted to reach for your sword, but cursed mentally when you realized it was too far away.
"No." you respond, still struggling to pull your leg free from where it was trapped.
"...You really are a stubborn girl." he told you,
"I'm not going with you." you insist.
"I'm afraid that isn't a decision for you to make." two Desians seemingly appeared behind you, both grabbing your shoulders to hold you still. One struck you over the shoulder with the hilt of his sword, knocking you out.
"Aura!!" Colette called desperately. "No!"

Lloyd jumped down off of the plateau, followed by the stranger, Genis, and then Colette. Using their combined strength the two Desians pushed away the section of pillar that had trapped your leg, after which one pulled your arm over his shoulder and carried you at his side. The other Desian walked opposite the Desian carrying you, and the half elf led the way. Colette ran over to where you had been pinned, and picked up your sword quickly.
"Hey!" Lloyd yelled, re-drawing one of his swords, "Let her go!"
"I'm afraid you can't do anything to make us." the half elf shot back. Lloyd clenched his free hand into a fist and gritted his teeth, the half-elf was right. The stranger moved to the side unseen, and silently moved off of the pathway, "Now, unless you want this girl hurt, you will not follow us."
"..." Genis, Lloyd and Colette were silent. There wasn't anything they could do but comply.
"Hm. Very good." The Desians continue to walk away, taking you with them. The stranger dashed in front of them, and drew his sword.
"Let. Her. Go." he ordered in a deadly calm tone. The half elf was stunned momentarily, was he being brave...or just stupid? You start to wake up,
"Do you want this girl hurt?! Get out of our way, now!!" Botta demanded, the soldier not carrying you readied his sword threateningly. The stranger didn't move.
"You said your leader wanted to speak with her. Would you really hurt her?" the half-elf stiffened uneasily.
"..." it was a standstill now. The stranger had called the bluff...now what?

You barely manage to force yourself back to consciousness. But there wasn't anything you could do to help yourself; you can barely even keep your eyes open. However, that bump that had been delivered to your head brought back a memory that you had lost. It was a name.
"Kratos...?" you ask softly, but that put a lot more strain on you than you thought it would, you pass out. The half elf looked back at you, shocked,
"Sh-she remembers him?! How?!" That distraction gave the man the opportunity he needed. He attacked the half elf, while Lloyd and the others attack the Desians. The two Desians let you go and the stranger safely caught you, kneeling on the ground, keeping his sword drawn. Your guessing his name is Kratos.
"...Damn it." growled the half elf angrily.
"Lord Botta, orders?" asked one of the Desians. Kratos' eyes stayed locked with Botta's, his eyes were hard and determined.
"...Retreat." Botta ordered reluctantly "There is nothing we can do now. Especially now that he's here..." they retreated, and fled. Kratos set you down so that you could sit on your own.

After rubbing your head for a few minutes it stopped hurting,
"Is your head feeling better?" Colette asked,
"Yeah. It's not hurting anymore." you respond.
"Well, good thing you're alright. I'm glad we saved you." said Lloyd.
"Kratos saved her." Genis corrected.
"..." Lloyd crossed his arms, turning his head away, before saying "...Well, we helped." the little elf gave him an 'oh-brother' eye roll, before turning back to you.
"Hey, how did you know his name?" asked Genis, pointing to Kratos. He was still waiting patiently by the temple stairs, back to all of you. He'd moved over to his current location while you were trying to soothe your headache.
"I-I don't know. He...is just really familiar...like I know him from somewhere." *She... doesn't... remember me...?* Kratos thought, looking back at you, sadness in his eyes. But then he turned his gaze back to the stairs. *...I shouldn't get upset over this...* he decided.
"Hmmm...that's a little strange...but I'm glad you're alright." Colette smiled.
"Yeah, thank you guys." Lloyd helped you stand, and you brush yourself off. Lloyd, Genis and Colette started talking about some 'nonaggression treaty' with the Desians...or something like that. You walk over to Kratos and tap his shoulder lightly;
"Hm?" he looked at you as you returned your hand at your side again
"Thank you..." you tell him softly, "For...saving me."
"...It was no problem." he responded. His deep auburn eyes held your gaze when you looked at him. The way he was looking into your eyes...it was like he was looking for something...that he couldn't find.
"...What is it?" you ask after a few seconds. Kratos turned his head the other way, shaking his head slowly. He murmured something that sounded like,
"...she doesn't remember..."
"What?" you ask.
"...Nothing. That was rude of me to stare. I apologize." Kratos apologized, not looking back at you.
"Ah...oh. It's ok. Don't worry about it." you assure.
"Now Colette, let's go so you can receive the oracle!" Lloyd said excitedly. Having no idea that you and Kratos had been talking. They walked towards you two, "Ready to go you guys?"
"....Sure." you agree.
"......." Kratos said nothing, but began going up the steps, leaving you all to follow on your own time.