Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 15

QUIZ START: "Aura?" asked Lloyd as your all walking back to the House of Salvation. You decided against responding, you were too busy dealing with your mixed emotions. You were furious at Magnius for saying that about Marble, sad about being reminded about what you did, and upset about what Chocolate had said. "Aura?" Lloyd asked again.
"I'm fine..." you told him.
"You don't sound fine. Are you sure that your ok?" he persisted, "A...are you listening?" You knew they wouldn't understand how you felt, so you didn't speak.

At night you went outside and stood alone.
"Aura, you're acting...odd. What's wrong?" you turn around and see...
"I'm fine Kratos..." you tell him, turning back around, you began to walk away so that you could be alone again. But he took hold of your wrist, and doesn't plan on letting go. His grip was firm enough that you couldn't pull away, but he was trying not to hurt you.
"No you're not." he told you. "Talk to me." You weakly twisted your wrist out of his grasp and sat down on the ground.
"........................................" Kratos felt slightly uncomfortable having to comfort you, but he knew that you being depressed would slow everyone down with worry. Also, seeing you so upset made something twinge uncomfortably in him.
"Aura...?"
"Magnius...he was wrong about Marble." you mutter weakly. You rub one eye with the back of your wrist when you thought you felt tears developing. Kratos laid a hand on your shoulder somewhat uneasily, and said,
"....I know. From the way you, Lloyd, and Genis talked about her, she sounded like a kind woman." he told you, voice low and calm to try and help calm you down.
"...but Chocolate....what happened to her is..."
"It's not your fault," he interrupted, "You had good reason for the actions you took... Chocolate didn't allow you to explain yourself...Once you have the chance, I'm sure she'll understand." you felt your heart lighten slightly,
"...Thanks for...listening, Kratos." you murmur.
"Of course..." he stood straight again, and offered a hand to help you up, "It's getting late, we should get back inside." you took his hand and let him help you up.
"Yeah." you agree.

After returning upstairs everyone was quick to ask whether or not you were alright,
"Yes, yes. I'm fin now, really. We should all go to bed, it's a long walk to Palmacosta." you tell them, and you all go to asleep. In the morning you all set out once again; no one mentioned the events from the day before.

You leave after speaking with the priests a bit longer, and take the rest of the short walk to Thoda Dock. After speaking to the woman inside about transportation she said to just go out to the dock, and the transportation was free. However, after getting out to the docks...
"...Washtubs?" asked Lloyd when he saw the boats,
"Yup it's a washtub" Genis confirmed.
"Hmm...washtubs." Kratos mumbled somewhat disapprovingly.
"Oh boy, this should be fun" Colette grinned.
"I'll wait here." Raine volunteered.
"Why?" you asked, looking at her confused.
"Nothing," she responded simply, "I'm just not getting in that thing"
"Come on Raine" Genis began, tugging on her arm
"Aaahhh!!" she screamed suddenly, causing everyone to freeze and stare at her shocked. After a moment of silence, Lloyd finally spoke,
"'Aaaahhh?' What's wrong Raine? Are you scared of water or something?" he asked,
"Uh...no I was just saying..." she paused worriedly, "Aaahhh this should be...fun..."
"Right." Lloyd responded skeptically.
"Come on, let's get going." you asked. After everyone got in their own washtubs, you began on the way across the way to Thoda. On the way over, water continued to splash into your washtub,

When you finally reach the island you were glad to get back onto dry land,
"Well, that was a rare experience." Kratos commented,
"Water kept coming in my boat. I thought I was gonna sink!!" Genis exclaimed,
"Yeah, mine to." you agreed with a small laugh.

After standing and watching the geyser for a few minutes, you began to search around for the stone.
"Hmm...where was that?" you murmur to yourself, trying to remember where you saw the oracle stone
"Woah!" Lloyd jumped when the geyser burst up again.
"Oh--up there." you remembered, pointing to a small blue sign at the top of a small flight of stairs; the sign had a few facts about the island on it. They followed you as you walked up the stairs, and then they too found the stone as well.
"Well, that was easy." Lloyd laughed,
"Wait, first lets get the Statue of Spiritua," Raine interrupted. She pointed across the geyser, "Look, over there. Then we can continue."
"Okay." Lloyd looked to his silver haired friend, "Ready Genis?"
"I'll give it a shot." he responded. He pulled out his kendam, chanting quietly to himself, then threw his hand in the air as he exclaimed, "Icicle!" exclaimed the little elf. The ice froze over the entire top of the geyser easily, and left the surface solid, "You've gotta hurry! That ice won't hold forever!"
"Be careful, okay?" Colette asked. Lloyd gave her a reassuring thumbs-up,
"Alright! Here I go!" he jumped down onto the surface, and slid across quickly to the other side, grabbed the statue, and skated back. He jumped up to join you all again just as the ice gave out and the geyser shot up again.

"Good job Lloyd." you congratulated as he set the statue down next to the Oracle Stone. It would stay there until you came back out.
"Heh, no problem." he smiled confidently. Colette put her hand on the Oracle Stone readily. Rocks on the upper part of the stone wall behind the geyser cracked and then fell, revealing an entranceway.
"Well...we found it, but how do we get in?" Genis questioned, "The only one who could fly up there is Colette." you squeaked quietly upon hearing him mention someone flying.
"It probably responds to the Chosen." Kratos responded, looking towards Colette.
"Oh," Colette nodded, "Right, okay." she walked to the edge of the platform you were standing on, and a path of steam hardened by mana formed up to the opening. "It worked!"
"Then let's go." Genis suggested. All of you filed onto the pathway and walked up into the opening. When you walk inside its just like with the Temple of Fire, you'd been to the place before.

You see the temple flying past you as though you were traveling through it at light speed. You came to a stop at the alter and see the blonde boy again, this time making a pact with Undine. But then you noticed something you couldn't believe. Kratos was there, and so was Yuan... and there girl with green hair, the girl turned to you,
"Are you alright, Aura?" *How...how does she know my name?* Then another voice spoke from near you.

"Aura, can you hear me?" Collette....
"Sylvarant to Aura!" Lloyd.

You blinked once shook your head alittle, rubbing one of your temples slowly,
"How in the world did that girl know my name?" you whispered to yourself.
"What?" Lloyd asked,
"O-oh, um nothing, nothing." you responded, "But I've been here before to."
"Actually, that might help us." Raine told her, "If you've been here before, then it will be easier to get through the temple."
"I guess so..." you agreed. You shot a sideways glance towards Kratos, *He was there to...and so was Yuan...*

After walking down the long stone ramp where you had begun, you wind up at a 'Sorcerers Ring' Pedestal. After changing your Sorcerers Ring...
"Hm?" Genis mumbled looking at his ring.
"What is it?" asked Kratos,
"The rings. The flame and red stone are gone." he explained "No theirs a teardrop on a blue stone."
"Really?" you questioned, though on your own examination you found that he was telling the truth.
"Look yourself." he explained. Everyone glanced down at their rings as well.
"Hm...This picture probably illustrates what the ring does." Kratos commented thoughtfully,
"Oh..."

You go through the temple at a mild pace due to monster battles and having to pause to figure out puzzles. After close to an hour you'd made your way to the alter.
"Hey, Aura was right. We're here!" Lloyd grinned,
"What's that supposed to mean?" you asked,
"Oh um...nothing!' The Guardian of the seal appeared, and again you were drawn into another battle. This one was a bit tougher than the Fire Seal, though such was to be expected.
Once the battle was done, Colette met with Remial again and received another gift; though this one wasn't as noticeable as a pair of sparkling angle wings. As you all proceeded back out of the temple you were trying to figure out a way to ask Kratos why he was in that flashback with Yuan.