Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 18

QUIZ START: Kratos turned on you and pinned you on the ground, holding down your wrists with one hand, one of his legs pinning down yours, his sword at your throat. He could kill you at any moment; if he so much as let his sword slip it would split your throat.
"Kratos, its me!" you plead desperately, fear rising in your voice.
"!!" Kratos gasped when he realized it really was you he was threatening to kill. He quickly got off you, sheathing his sword; before helping you up,
"I'm sorry, I...I didn't know it was you..." he explained softly.
"I-its alright." you were still a little shaken by what happened, though.
"...You shouldnt sneak up on me." he told you softly, turning his back on you so you wouldn't see the shame on his face; he couldn't believe that he had come so close to murdering you...was he really becoming so paranoid of an enemy attack that he attacked everyone who drew close? He swore he would never do it again.
"S...Sorry..." a few minutes of silence pass by, him not looking back. You sat down; the man looked back at you, looking away for a second as if to think, before taking a seat next to you.

You felt a drop of something wet and warm on your neck. You touch the place with on fingertip lightly, but flinch slightly when a sting tingles through your neck. After you pull your hand away and gasp when you see a drop of red on your skin. Kratos looked over at you, concerned by your gasp; you try and hide your hand but he grabs your wrist before you could. He looked at your hand, and his eyes fill with concern when he saw the blood on your finger.
"..." he sighed softly, releasing your hand.
"Kratos...!!"
"...?" he looked to you,
"I...I just...I want to forget everything that happened in the past 30 minutes. Ok?"
"...Your right." Kratos agreed with a sigh. About a minute goes by "...Why aren't you asleep?" the Mercenary asked, rather abruptly.
"O-oh...I just woke up a few minutes ago, I noticed you weren't at the campsite... and...I was worried about you." you tell him, feeling somewhat bashful at the last part. "What about you?"
"...I'm not tired..." he responded, "...I don't need much sleep."
"Hey....uh...are you okay?"
".....?"
"Your seemed kind of...nervous. You've never acted like that before." you tell him softly,
"Yes well...ever since that incident with the Desians, I've been a little..."
"Worried?"
"Yes, that something will happen....to you." he told you, closing his eyes. "They apparently are after you. And I don't want anything to happen to you, again. I lost you once--" he cut off instantly, and you could tell he wish he hadn't said that,
"Yeah, when that guy kidnapped me in Triet. That was bad..." you agree quietly,
"Yes..." you could tell by his tone of voice that wasn't the time you were taken away that he was talking about.
"You...weren't talking about that time...were you?" you asked.
"Yes." he argued, "I was." you couldn't tell if he was lying. You sigh, and lay down,
"Aura?" Kratos asked, looking back at you
"I just...really don't like the fact I can't remember anything. I know I heard that story from the Book of Spiritua before. But I just cann't remember why I know it." you tell him.
"....Hmm...." after looking at the stars for a while you fall asleep, again.

"...Aura?" Kratos asked. He looked over at you, and a soft smile tugged at the corners of his mouth when he saw you were asleep. *That was close...I almost broke my promise...* Kratos thought. He picked you up and took you back to the campsite. Then he sat next to you, just staring at the burnt out fire.

In the morning you wake up first, no special dream. You yawn, sit up, and rub sleep from your eyes. *Wait a second...how did I get over here?* you think, when you see your back with Lloyd and the others, who are still asleep.

After looking around more, you notice Kratos asleep next to you *Not tired huh?* you think, its a few more minutes when you realize you've been staring at Kratos' sleeping face, you blush and look away. You stand up and stretch, when there is rustling in the bushes near the site, you draw your sword, holding it at the ready.

"Yuan!" you gasp,
"Shhh!" he hissed, "Come here, I want to talk to you." You felt a little unsure at the moment, but you go with him anyway. You walk over the little hill near the campsite
"What is it?" you ask.
"...I see you've been getting your memory back."
"Is that what you wanted to talk to me about?"
"How did you learn it?"
"I...learned it in a dream..." you trail off,
"..." he didn't respond. When you hear from the other side of the hill,
"Aura? Aura, where are you!?" it was Lloyd. Yuan teleported away, probably back to his base.
"Wait!" but he was already long gone.
"Aura? There you are!" Lloyd exclaimed coming over the hill.
"What are you doing over here?" asked Genis as he came over
"Oh um...just walking around." you say *I'm lying through my teeth...*
"Okay...come on, lets go!"
"He's excited again..." you say with a sweat drop. Soon your all down the mountain,
"Okay...which way was the city?" asked Lloyd.