Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 23

QUIZ START: After getting to the Inn you ate dinner, and talked with a few people in the Inn, then went to bed.
Late at night, you wake up, strangely, feeling perfectly awake. You try to go back to sleep but found that you couldn't After sitting up, you rub your eyes.

In her bed next to yours Colette appeared to be asleep, you smile, slightly relieved. You glanced around, Lloyd was sleeping, Genis was snoring, Raine was sleeping, Kratos was--
"Huh?" Kratos was gone. Worry slunk through your mind about him being gone so suddenly. You wrote a quick note saying that you're out in town, and leave it on the bed. You close the door quietly behind you, glide down the stairs, and step out into town
The night was clear, the moon bright and full, and the stars are beautiful. Despite the fact that you were supposed to be looking for Kratos you were drawn to the docks near the fountain. You walked out ot the edge of the longest dock, looking at the reflection of the stars in the water. You sighed quietly to yourself, wishing you could remember your past; wishing you could remember that...that thing that had happened in Luin. The reason you'd been drawn out to the end of this particular dock....
You were so out of it watching the lake that you didn't hear the light steps on the dock behind you as someone approached you. A hand rested on your shoulder suddenly. Not knowing who it was...you quickly draw your sword, and spin back; you feared the worst--someone trying to kidnap you.
"...!"
"Ah--?" you stiffened, feeling your heart sink with embarrassment. Kratos stood there, hands raised slightly to show he was unarmed. The point of your sword hovered dangerously near his throat. He stood completely still, watching you calmly. "A-ah--Kratos, I'm sorry..." you lowered your sword, "...I didn't know it was you."
"Its alright." he responded. "At least I know I don't need to worry about someone sneaking up on you."
"Heh, yeah...I guess." you respond weakly.
"Well?" he asked, "Are you going to put your sword away?" again feeling embarrassment, you realized that you had yet to sheath your sword.
"O-oh, yeah. Sorry..." you sheath your sword quickly, a little darker shade of pink rising on your cheeks.
Kratos chuckled softly, mostly too himself,
"W-what?" you ask, feeling your face heat slightly with embarrassment.
"I'd never realized...Just how shy you were."
"Sh-...shy?" you stutter.
"Yes." he responded simply, "...You're even blushing now."
"I-I am not...!" you move to push him playfully, however he caught your wrist before you could. He spun you around, your wrist was pinned to your left side. And he put his other hand on your shoulder right shoulder, so you couldnt pull away. Your back nudged against his chest as his grip tightened slightly,
"Not the smartest move, Aura." he critiqued calmly,
"No kidding." you mumble. However, when you tried to move away his grip tightened again. Do to your position you had to crane your neck slightly to see the expression on his face. You paused, seeing his expression; it was one you hadn't seen on his face before. He looked...side; as though he missed something he could never get back. You weren't sure why but you felt as though you'd seen him with that miserable expression before.
"K.....Kratos?" you whisper. Hearing his name seemed to bring him back.
"...Sorry." he muttered, letting you go. You gently rub your wrist as you took a slight step away from him; he had accidentally tightened his grip while he was... daydreaming. "Why are you awake?" he asked, his voice didn't sound as light as it had earlier,
"I...I woke up and wasn't tired anymore...." you respond, "You?"
"...The same reason." Your eyes drifted to the lake, again
"We should go back to the Inn." Kratos told you.
"Yeah." you walk next to him as you navigated back through the quiet, sleeping town.

"You continue looking at the lake," Kratos commented as he saw you looking at every sliver of water you could see between buildings, "Is it...important?"
"No...I just..." you pause, "It feels like...like something important happened there at some point." you raise a hand, touching your fingertips against your locket,
"Your locket..." he asked softly, voice gentle again, "...It...means a lot to you, doesn't it?"
"The world." you respond, letting the pendant rest in your palm, you watched the moonlight sparkle off of its surface. Your preoccupation wit your locket kept you from noticing how Kratos' expression had changed to like and happy for once. "Heh...i-it's funny." you voice as you lowered your locket back to your chest,
"Hm?" his expression had returned to its normal cool, calm, unfazed look,
"My locket means so much to me...but I don't even remember why... It's almost funny, isn't it?"
"...I suppose." he responded somewhat agreeably. After climbing the stairs back to your room you found that you had finally become tired again. You laid down on your bed, and quietly returned to sleep.