Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 24

QUIZ START: You wake up slightly later than normal that morning, Raine, Genis, and Kratos are already up. *Kratos is up already...? Even I woke up later than normal today...* You get up and walk out of the Inn and sit on the edge of the fountain again. You listen to the fountain while everyone else wakes up. You start to think, when...
"Aura. Lets go." it was Lloyd.
"Huh? Oh yeah, coming!" you tell him and jog over to them.
"What were you doing?" asked Raine,
"Thinking." she smirked in Lloyd's direction,
"Don't say anything!" Lloyd warned her. You all snicker quietly, after a quick stop for gels and whatnot you all head out.
"Okay Genis. Which road?" asked Lloyd. "Hm...that one." he said pointing down one way.

After walking for three hours you see a form in the distance,
"Hey, what's that?" you ask, pointing to the tower that was poking up through some mountains.
"That's the Tower of Mana." Genis explained,
"It is a possible location for a seal." Raine agreed,
"But we have to make the seal at the Balacruf Mausoleum first." Kratos responded,
"Hm..."
"What is it?" asked Lloyd,
"That tower looks familiar... I think I've been there before, but...oh well. It's probably nothing." You all kept walking, agreeing to shrug off your comment about familiarity, soon you start seeing more and more coast
"Genis, where is it? Soon we are going to run out of land." Lloyd asked,
"It's not on the mainland. It's on an island, it's connected to the mainland by a bridge."
"...Oh."

You all keep walking, then you finally get to the Balacruf Mausoleum around one o'clock in the afternoon.
"Finally." Lloyd sighed. You walk into the Mausoleum and you get another pang of pain in your head.

You felt air flying by as you seemingly flew through the mausoleum, winding up at the very top. Waiting at the top were those same people, yet again, this time making a pact with Sylph. The three Sylphs disappeared, and the blonde boy took a step back, a happy smile on his face. You felt your mouth move as though you spoke, though you heard no words. Kratos turned towards you, apparently hearing your statement, he smiled ever so slightly. *Did he...smile?* His mouth moved as well, but you couldn't hear what he was saying. Your mouth moved again, not saying much, but you still couldn't hear it. The blonde looked towards you with an unsure look on his face.
"Are you going to be okay? After this you might be separated from your home forever." his voice started quiet, then came to full volume by the time he'd said the word 'separated'.
"...What?" it left your mouth before you could stop yourself,
"You forgot already?" Yuan asked patiently, glancing over at you from where he'd begun walking back towards the steps down into the mausoleum, "We'll be stuck in one world or the other with few or no ways to travel between the two." he stopped on the steps, adding, "And we're not from a city on the Sylvarant side." *Why...did he say 'we'?*
"Where...am I from?" you asked,
"Wh...what?" Kratos questioned, a confused look on his expression, "Aura what did you just...?" you didn't repeat the question,
"Aura?" Martel asked worriedly,
"Were you hit over the head?" Yuan asked seriously, "We're from--"


"Aura!" you hear Colette's voice call, overshadowing what Yuan said. Her voice sounded distant, like an echo,
"This isn't right." Raine's voice echoed after her, "She's never been out this long before." You squeeze your eyes shut, and shake your head
"Aura...?" Colette asked again, her voice sounding normal. When you opened your eyes you found her, Lloyd, Genis, Raine and Kratos standing around you with somewhat puzzled and somewhat worried looks on their faces. *Where am I from?* you wonder, realizing you'd never thought of it before, *And...why did Yuan say... 'we'?*
"Are you alright?" asked Kratos, you nod once,
"Y-yeah, yeah. I'm fine." you respond.
"I guess you remember the way through now?" asked Lloyd.
"Yeah. I'm like a map for all of the ruins." you said with a weak attempt at a joke. then you all head off through the temple. Just inside you found a Sorcerers Ring changer, you all change the function of your Sorcerers Rings with one touch of the light. Now, the stone was grass green, with a few dark emerald green whisps across the surface of the stone.
"I...Guess the stone now does something with...wind?" you ask,
"Probably." Raine agreed, "This seal is built around wind, just like how Undine's was built around water. I'm sure there will be puzzles here which require the aid of wind to solve. As you began walking, the thought stabbed at you again, *What was Yuan going to say...? Where....where am I actually from?* you put that thought on pause for a moment, searching back through your memories... *The first thing I remember is waking up by Lake Umacy...but I don't know where my Home is...*

Upon reaching the top of the mausoleum you found the wind guardian waiting for you, seeming just as intimidating as the last few. It took more effort, everyone getting away with a few bumps and slight injuries. Remial bestowed another gift on Colette, and again it wasn't as noticeable as her pair of pink wings.
"Let's hurry and get out before Colette gets sick again." Genis suggested,
"Good idea." Lloyd agreed.

As you worked your way back through the ruins you couldn't stop the thoughts constantly buzzing around in your head. *Kratos actually was talking to me...so was Yuan and those other two... Why did Yuan keep saying 'we'? Where...where is my Home?* you had almost gotten out of the mausoleum, when a familiar ninja stopped you by jumping in your way,
"Sheena!" Colette gasped. She sounded both surprised to see her, and she almost looked happy.
"You won't get away this time!!" she told you.
"We haven't been 'getting away'." you tell her. "You've been running away."
"I have Not been running away! I just wasn't prepared! But...But I am now." then you start a fight. You heard her mutter "Everyone's counting on me..."
She was stronger this time, considerably so, but she was no match against all of you as a group. Again, she lost.