Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 26

QUIZ START: That night, you made dinner. Everyone really seemed to like it,
"...You're a pretty good cook, Aura." Genis complemented. You give him a friendly smile,
"Heh...thanks."
"I just don't get it..." Raine said, "Every time I make this dish, it turns out terrible!"
"A-anybody can cook, Professor." you tell her, "It just takes some practice. I'm sure your good at cooking something..."
"Not true." Genis told you, in an almost 'matter-of-fact' voice. "Whatever Raine cooks comes out burnt or tastes awful." Raine slapped her little brother in the back of the head, and you got a sweat drop. *Awful mean for a sister......* But then you notice that Kratos had barely touched his food, you walk over to him.
"...Kratos?" you ask.
"-!" he looked up at you, "Hm...?"
"Do...do you not like it?" you ask, nervously, "I'll make you something else if you want..." his expression softened; realizing you were under the impression that he didn't like the food that you had made.
"No." he told you softly "...It's good... Thank you, Aura." a light pink tint appeared on your cheeks; you hide your mouth behind one hand when you smile a little at his complement. The Mercenary resumed eating as you sat down next to Colette.

Late that night....you hold your knees to your chest, *Those voices...* you think, remembering what happened earlier *...what....?* Eventually, you try to go to sleep. But after a few minutes, you just can't take the strange feeling any more *This place...something sad happened here...* you stand up, forgetting that Kratos was still awake because he and volunteered to be the night watch again. He watched you, just to see if you can remember what happened, and because he didn't want anything to happen to you. You start walking down the path, seeing if you can remember. Kratos stood up and followed you, quietly. After you get a short way down the path, you feel a surge of pain in your head,
"AH!!" Memories flood back to your painfully as you collapse. Someone caught you before you could hit the ground, you black out.

You found yourself with those people...again...
"Good job //\\." Kratos said to the boy. *?* you couldn't...hear the name. It was like all the sound stopped when the name was said.
"Yes." you agree, although you don't know what your saying "We're almost done. Now all we have to do is make a pact with Luna and Aska."
"We will finally be able to help people stop hating half elves." said the girl said in a sigh. Then you speak to her,
"That's kind of what I've been doing, if you think about it."
"Yes well," Yuan responded, "Now it will be on a larger scale."
"Heh, I guess so." You all walk out of the Mausoleum together, but mid way down the path something happens. The girl collapsed,
"Martel!" the little boy exclaimed. You see someone in the bushes
"You!" Kratos barked, seeing them hiding there as well. They start to run away, you and Kratos chase after them, you hit him in the back of the head with your staff.
"What did you do?" Kratos demanded, his sword point at that mans throat.
"Hehehe...I killed her. That half elf trash is-" Kratos killed him. You kick the body in rage...
"Dammit!!!"
"Come on, we have to get back!" Kratos told you.
"Yeah." By the time you get back,
"//\\! What happened?" asked Kratos, worried. He was crying.
"Martel!" he screamed, "Martel!!! Why!?!" his screaming melted away as the world began to swirl and became black. A scream echoed to your ears "You Humans Are All The Same!"


"Nn..."
"...!" You dragged yourself back to consciousness bit by bit. You slowly manage to pry your eyes open, but your vision was blurry and you couldn't quite see. There was a blurry form sitting next to you, after a minute of thinking, you managed to recognize them as Kratos.
"Kratos...?" you ask weakly. You sit up, and flinch when your head began throbbing. Kratos noticed your flinch, and worry flickered across his eyes briefly. He rested a gentle hand on your shoulder, and carefully pushed you back down into a laying position.
"...Don't sit up." he told you softly.
"My head..." you groan quietly when your head continued throbbing. You ask weakly, "...What happened?"
"I don't know exactly...you started walking down the road, then you yelled and collapsed. I had seen you walking and followed you... I brought you back here."
"How long was I out for?" your vision slowly began to come back to normal and you can see clearly once again; your finally head stopped hurting as badly. But didn't stop hurting altogether.
"I'm not sure...an hour...maybe..." the Mercenary responded, tossing another block of wood into the fire to keep it going just a little longer.
"An hour...?!" you ask. Kratos nodded slowly in response. "...Earlier I heard Raine say that I was out longer than normal. How long am I...?"
"Normally you only go into a...trance-like state for a few seconds at a time," the Mercenary explained, glancing over at you "This time...it had been over a minute."
"Over a minute...?" you ask.
"...What happened to you after that woman said 'this world'?" he asked seriously. Obviously what had happened to you concerned him.
"I-I...I don't know...I just started hearing all these voices..." you admit, looking at the sky with sadness in your eyes, "They were all so loud...it was like they were yelling...I couldn't hear anything..."
"Hm..." Kratos murmured thoughtfully. After a minute of silence, he told you softly, "You should go to sleep. That should make the pain in your head go away faster."
"Yeah." you agree softly, when you remember "Oh yeah, and, Kratos."
"...Hm?"
"....Thanks." his expression softened slightly.
"...Goodnight." You close your eyes and fall asleep again.