Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 29

QUIZ START: It wasn't long after talking with Colette that you finally fell asleep.

In the dream that you had that night you saw Kratos again. But he looked different this time. Like more...real, not as...dream like.
"My memories made you again...." you asked, "Right?"
"...yes." he said "...You want to know where you're from? Don't you?"
"I...I really want to know where my home is..."
"I'm sorry...I can't tell you that..."
"Why?"
"It's got something to do with a promise I made..." he admitted. You could understand what he felt, and strangely you thought you knew what he was talking about. He wants to help you, but he made a promise to you and he still doesn't want to break it.
"Well...can you tell me anything about my home?" his expression softened,
"...Yes. Its always cold...It's always snowing."
"So that's why I don't really mind the cold." you ask.
"Yes..." he said softly. A few minutes of quiet passed between the both of you, neither of you having anything to say,
"................"
"...Hm...I think its time for you to wake up." he told you softly.
"...Oh yeah." before you go, he walked to you "? What is it?" he rested a hand on your cheek. You could feel the warmth from his palm *I....I can feel him?* you wonder. He pulled you close to him in a strong, firm hug "-!"
"..." he was silent, before murmuring "...I...missed you..."
"--?" but then you wake up. *What...?* you wonder, sitting up.
As soon as everyone else wakes up, you head off to the ranch.

After about an hour of walking you start to see something
"Up there!" you say, pointing to a large structure on top of a hill.
"Yeah. Thats it!" Sheena agreed, and you all headed there...But once you get there, the ranch was crawling with guards.
"The security is intense. Its completely different from last time." Genis said, that was true.
"Yeah." Lloyd agreed. "Even if we get inside..." you notice something that didn't look... natural. A box-shaped vent-looking thing built into the ground, but had a large rock in front of it. *Hm...*
"Hmm...there is a way though..." Raine said thoughtfully, pulling you out of your train of thought
"Professor, I bet your thinking the same thing I'm thinking." Lloyd said
"What? What are we going to do?" asked Colette
"We'll disguise ourselves as Desians and sneak in." Lloyd said
"...I see the gears in your head move quickly only at times like this" Raine told him,
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Oh I see! If we look like Desians, we wont get caught!!" Colette exclaimed
"Well, well. Thats quite a daring plane Raine." Sheena commented
"I don't think this is the best plan either," Raine agreed "But do we have any other choice?"
"...The Desian patrol is here. What shall we do?" Kratos asked, looking through the bushes on the small rise to watch the approaching Desians get closer and closer.
"Lets do it!" you ask "This could be our only way in."
"Yeah!" Colette agreed,
"Okay, lets hide behind those trees and ambush them." Lloyd suggested. After dashing off the road, you all quickly conceal yourselves in a small group of trees. The patrol walked by, 3 Desians.
"Lets hurry up and take care of this!!" you all spring from your hiding place, and attack the guards. After a quick fight, they are down.
"Lets return to Luin first. We don't know when the enemy may spot us." Raine said.
"Yeah." you all agree. After salvaging the only wearable Desian outfit that was there, you head back to the safety of Luin.

"We're finally going to do it. We're finally going to infiltrate the ranch." Genis said, almost sounding...excited,
"Wait." Raine asked, "We have to decide who will be a Desian."
"What do you mean Professor?" asked Lloyd,
"Only one of the Desian uniforms we just obtained looks like it can be used. So everyone else is going to have to be prisoners"
"Me! Me! I'll be a Desian!" Lloyd volunteered
"...This is NOT a game." Kratos reminded him.

In the end you and Sheena are Desians,
"Wow, Aura. You look good in that uniform." Lloyd said, Raine smacked him over the head.
"Lloyd!"
"What?! That was a complement!!!" the boy insisted, rubbing his head,
"Professor, do I have to be a Desian?" you ask. Not only were you a pretty bad actor, but you hated this outfit!!!

Tight leather boots that came up to your thighs, you could barely bend your legs, brown leather really-short-shorts. And a blue sleeveless shirt with a, yeah you guessed it, tight leather tank top over it. Plus a helmet, the front of the helmet came down to your eyebrows, with metal eyeliners covering the top half of your face. The back of the helmet came down to where your head connected to your neck. Your hair was bunched up inside the helmet. Along with brown leather gloves that reached 3/4 of the way up your arms, the gloves were clad with metal pieces on the top of the hand and top of the arms, supposedly to help protect you.
"Well..." Raine said.
"Perhaps having Aura as a prisoner would help us. From what we have learned, the Desians are looking for her." Kratos voiced, "And they know that she's traveling with us. Showing up at the ranch without her would be suspicious."
"But what about showing up two people short?" asked Genis.
"The Desians don't know that I'm helping you." Sheena reminded him.
"Yes. And they are only concerned about, apparently, killing Lloyd, and retrieving Aura. Not the rest of us. One person missing wouldn't make a difference." Kratos concluded.
"Your right." Raine agreed. "Someone else will have to take your place, Aura."
"Me!!" Lloyd said, Kratos smacked him in the back of the head,
"Calm down." he ordered
"Fine by me, someone else be the Desian!" you say eagerly, while pulling the helmet off your head. The helmet was all metal, even on the inside, and you had been sweating because the uniform was so hot. Your damp hair fell down your back, curly and tangled.
"Man. Your hair is a mess." Sheena told you.
"I think this is to big for me, anyway." you said, ignoring what she said, while wiping off your damp forehead on the palm of your glove. After finding a hidden spot, you take off the Desian uniform and put your normal cloths back on. It felt good to be wearing cloths that actually fit. Raine took your uniform and began to change, while you walk back over to the fire, and sit next to Kratos.
"Those uniforms are murder..." you mutter. Colette pranced over to you,
"Can I fix your hair Aura? Please?" she asked hopefully
"...Sure." you respond, shrugging slightly.
"Yay!!" she kneeled down behind you and started messing with your long hair.

After a little while Raine walked over to the fireside. It looked like the uniform fit her better than it fit you.
"Hey. Thats not fair Professor!" Lloyd said.
"Its not about Fairness," she said "This will look the most natural. Besides, this is a uniform for females. You wont be able to wear it. Which is why we had Aura wear it originally."
"And why do You have Desian cloths too?" Lloyd asked Sheena.
"I was going to infiltrate the base on my own." she responded. "Anyway, lets go."
"Yeah." Genis agreed.

"No." Kratos told her,
"W-What?! Why?!" Sheena demanded
"Because its already late." he told her simply, glancing at the sky. "What would be the good of going now? We'd be exhausted and fatigued by the time we reached Kvar."
"Er--...." Sheena stuttered, light pink on her cheeks "Ah- I guess your right..." So you all stay in camp for the night, and set out the next morning.

Once you get to the ranch, you line up in a '2-by-2' block. with Raine and Sheena standing on either side in front,
"Stop!" ordered the guard,
"Weve done it!" Raine said,
"Done what?" asked one of the guards.
"Weve found the wanted criminals. Lloyd Irving and Aura Asakura!" Sheena explained,
"What?! Good work! And you've caught them both alive!!"
"I want to turn them over to the Five Grand Cardinals immediately. Let me through." Raine ordered. *She's using what we learned about the Desians...* you realize *Wow... good job Raine...!*
"Understood. Go on in." Once inside the main building, you all quickly find your way to the control room. Once there...you all gasp softly,
"It looks like this is an Exsphere manufacturing plant..." Raine mumbled.