Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 3

Quiz Start: After you both jump from the tall cliff you land on a series of small ledges, jumping from one to another, before finally jumping from the lowest ledge to land next to Genis.
"I'm sorry, they saw your faces, it's all my fault!" Genis apologized.
"Don't worry." Lloyd assured simply.
"Yeah. We took out the only two that saw our faces" you say.
"Just do my homework for me." said Lloyd.
"And try and make your sister lighten up a bit!" you add.
"Ok." Genis answered smiling. You head back home. That man from this morning is watching you, *I wonder if she will eventually....remember him, and me fully....I just hope she does--* but his thought was cut short, when pain shot through his head,
"Ah!"

Hearing something behind you, you turn and see that man--but this time, he didn't leave right away. He had a hand on his head, from how you saw it, it looked like he was having a headache.
"H-hey...are you ok...?"
"...!" he appeared worried when he saw that you noticed him.
"...I know you.... Why do I know you?" you ask, taking a step towards him.
"You will remember... eventually." he responded, taking a slight step backwards.
"What do you mean 'remember'?" He started to teleport away again, "Wait!" and you start to run towards him, to get him to stop. You needed to talk to him. You needed to know why he was so...so familiar to you. But before you could reach him...he's gone. You slow down and stop right in front of where he was.
"I know him...he is so familiar...but I just can't remember his name..." You head home. You go to your room. And take your locket off your nightstand. You look at it, and go deep into thought, until you start to feel tired. You put on the locket, and go make dinner. You wash up, and brush your teeth. After lying down you quickly drifted off to sleep.

You woke early the next morning, feeling well rested. However you didn't realize that Colette, Kratos, and Raine just left, and are just a little ways past your house.
"Maybe I shouldn't have lied to Lloyd about when we were leaving..." said Colette
"You had to. Otherwise Lloyd would have come, and he would have gotten in the way." said Kratos.
"Yeah...I guess you're right..."

After returning home and eating dinner you climbed up the stairs to your room, snuggled down into your bed, and went to sleep.
However, the next morning, you woke at a surprisingly late hour. You scratched the side of your head, somewhat confused with why you slept so late, but stood anyway. After washing up you grab your sword and strap it to your side, walking out of your house; however you then noticed Lloyd and Genis go running towards the village.
"Guys what's the rush?" you call, rushing after them.
"Colette and the others already left!" Lloyd exclaimed.
"What?!" You all go to the village and go to Colette's house,
"Hello Lloyd, Aura, Genis." Phaidra greeted.
"Phaidra. Is it true that Colette already left?" asked Lloyd
"Indeed."
"Did she tell me the wrong time...?"
"Lloyd, Colette told me to give you this." said Frank (Colette's dad) Lloyd took the letter and read it (I don't really remember all of it, nor do I feel like typing it)
"What's this? It sounds like a will." Lloyd commented. Frank was about to say something when there is was an explosion from outside.
"What the--?" you ask. You, Lloyd, and Genis quickly rush outside.

You gasp. The whole village was on fire. And Desians are in the village 'square'.
"Let's go." you ask worriedly.
"Right." Lloyd and Genis agreed. You are almost to the village square when you hear a Desian yell,
"Lloyd Irving, and Aura Asakura come forth!" You Lloyd, and Genis rush forward, and get ready to fight.
"You've come to attack the village again? I've had enough of this!" says Lloyd.
"What are you talking about?" asked another Desian.
"He speaks nonsense, ignore him." said a half elf coming forward. "Listen up inferior beings, I am Forcystus ruler over the ranch were we cultivate you pathetic humans. Lloyd Irving, and Aura Asakura. Are accused of breaking the non-aggression treaty. You HUMANS, have been in contact with host body F0192, and attacked our guards. There for, I bring judgment on you, and this village."
"You broke the treaty too. You tried to murder the chosen!" said Genis defensively.
"I didn't know about the treaty." you say glaring at him.
"Us? Kill the chosen? Hahaha. I get it.....they must be after the chosen." said the Desian that called your names.
"'They'? Are you saying you aren't the ones that attacked Colette?" says Lloyd. The half elf keeps looking at you, and its driving you nuts!
"I see no need to explain myself to the likes of you." he says, finally looking away from you.
"What have you done?" demanded the mayor, coming in front of you.
"We're sorry..." you and Lloyd say.
"We have prepared an appropriate punishment for your crime." Forcystus told you.

After he said this, a huge green monster came forward.
"W-what is that thing?" asks Lloyd, in shock.
"Now, receive your punishment." The monster raises its arm and hits the mayor, knocking him out of the way.
"Damn." Lloyd cursed.
"Lloyd I'll help too. I was with you when you attacked the guards." you volunteer, pulling out your sword and turning it into a staff
"And me, it's my fault this happened." said Genis. The monster attacked.

Its a hard battle, but you win and the monster falls down.
"Sir, it's just as you thought. That boy has an Exsphere; and that girl is the one our leader has been searching for!" a Desian says. Forcystus says something, but it is drown out...because you hear heavy breathing, its coming from the monster.
'Aura...please...you must kill me.' said the monster. The voice sounded like Marble.
"W-what?" say, backing away slightly,
"Aura?" asked Lloyd,
'Please Aura!'
"No. Marble, I-I can't. I won't do it!" you argue. You couldn't kill her, she was such a sweet person...
"Marble!?" exclaimed Lloyd surprised.
'Please, if you don't I will kill countless others. I want to. Please.......you must kill me. Lloyd and Genis will understand.'

Everyone merely stared at you.
"A-alright." you raise your weapon. "I'm sorry Marble." you apologize. Then slash her across the chest. You step back to Lloyd's side, sheathing your sword
"That's it!" Forcystus said, walking forward. "That girl is the one our lord wanted, and that Exsphere is from the Angelus Project! Give it to me, and hand over that girl!"
"...."
"No!" Lloyd demanded, "You won't take Aura away! And this Exsphere is a memento of my mom, who you Desians murdered!"
"What are you talking about?!" Forcystus demanded, "Your mother was--"
"Raaaahhhh!!" Marble stood and throwing her arms around Forcystus. Then she spoke again, but from everyone's expression they could understand her as well.
"Thank you....Aura."
"M-Marble. I really is you!" said Genis. "But why did-"
"I asked her to. She had to." You have your eyes closed, on the verge of tears, and are looking away. "Genis..*gasp* you were like...a grandson to me *gasp* thank you. *gasp* Good bye." Then she exploded, her Exsphere goes flying and lands in front of Genis. Marbles dead body fell down next to Forcystus, a huge gash bleeding out of her. You stare at her body, horrified, eyes widening and flooding with tears.
"W-...what have I..." you whisper.
"Marble, NO!!" Genis yelled, falling to his knees and clutching the exsphere. Forcystus was down, hurt badly.
"No! Protect Lord Forcystus!" yelled a Desian. And all of the Desians that had come to the village surround him.
"Lloyd, we will always come after you as long as you have that Exsphere, and Aura for our Lord. ALWAYS." Then they all disappear.
"Why....?" you ask weakly, putting a hand on your face. Lloyd turned to you, worried,
"Aura..." he started, "Don't blame yourself for this....it's as much my fault as it is yours..."
"Why...?!"
"Huh--?"
"Why-- Why Did I Do That?!" you yell, tears streaming from your eyes, then push past Lloyd and run out of the village, running by Marbles dead body.
"Aura, wait!" Lloyd called, he started to chase after you.
"Not so fast. There is a matter I need to settle with you." said the mayor.

Even after Lloyd's apology and explanation, the Mayor's decision was final,
"By the rights invested in me as mayor, I hereby announce the banishment of: Genis, Lloyd, and Aura, from the village of Iselia. GET OUT!" As the townspeople began to leave, Lloyd asked.
"Wait...Mayor."
"What now?" demanded the Mayor. Lloyd looked to Marbles body, eyes downcast,
"Could you...please..." he motioned to Marble with a weak nod, the Mayor looked to the body, then back to the boy and elf.
"...Hmph." the mayor snorted, "Get out of our Village!" then he and the others left. Lloyd hung his head while heaving a sigh, Genis looked away, eyes downcast,
"...Don't worry, Genis, Lloyd." Phaidra told him, they both looked at her
"Yes...We'll take care of Marbles body." Frank agreed "We'll make sure she gets a proper burial."
"Phaidra...Frank..." Lloyd told them, "Thank you...."
"Now," Phaidra told him, "Catch up to both the Chosen and Aura...Make sure those girls are safe."
"We will." Lloyd told her, determined. Then he and Genis left the village.

You run for at least 10 minutes, away from the village, away to you don't know where. When it felt like your Mana.... Your Mana was building up, and you couldn't stop it. Suddenly your whole body began to ache terribly. The Mana within you continued to rise, and you collapsed to the ground...
"Ah...!" the rough ground scuffed your knees, but other than that your fine. Your Mana continued to build up inside you, soon it was painful for you to move at all. A loud groan escaped your lips as you tried to force your mana back down, but there wasn't anywhere for it to go. Not having any better of an idea, you force it into your Exsphere. The mana went through your Exsphere, and then back into you *No....man....* you think, flinching and groaning again. Although, you did notice, after your Mana went through your Exsphere it felt...it felt different. You didn't think you could take it anymore, when it felt like something exploded from your back. Your mana returned to a normal level, and you rest your cheek against the ground as you caught your breath again *Th- that...hurt....* you think *But what...* you look back. And gasp, seeing your...wings. They were beautiful. Fair-enough sized for your height and weight, sparkling Silver wings.
You continue to stare at your wings, until you get brief glimpse of a flashback.

In the flash back you see a man with long blonde hair, *He looks familiar too...* you think. He announced:
"You will join me as an angel, Aura." your exsphere flashed, your Mana level shot through the roof, and your silver wings instantly burst from your back. Then the flashback is over.

For now, you don't care and why you have wings, but you have them now. You stand and brush yourself off, then flap your wings experimentally. Surprisingly, it didn't take much flapping, or effort on your part, for you to leave the ground. You fly upward, and then the way you had been going originally, soaring high above the ground. Even though you felt bad, the cool air blowing against your face, and blowing through your hair felt relaxing. You enjoyed the openness and freedom of the sky. Until you see a desert in front of you. Accidentally, you looked down. You expected your world to start spinning, and for you to plummet to your inevitable doom... You were...uh.... Scared of Heights, especially falling from them... But your altitude didn't affect you. *I'm not scared...?* you wonder. Then realize that it was probably your new wings giving you a sense of security in the sky. You continue to fly, then land in the desert.

But you passed a small rest stop called a 'House of Salvation' Were Kratos, Raine, and Colette just left.
"What was that?" asks Colette, looking up. Your flying fairly high, so she can't see what you look like.
"I don't know. But they are headed in the direction of Triet." said Kratos, he had a feeling that he knew who it was...however he kept his mouth shut.

You land a small wase outside of a town you saw. The town is called Triet. You concentrate your mana and try to force it down as quickly as possible. Because your body couldn't hold it, you tried forcing it into your Exsphere again.... It almost felt like your Exsphere had emptied itself of Mana, and the Mana from your wings instantly flooded into the small stone. Your wings were gone, and your Mana was a normal level once again. *All right.* you tell yourself *If I ever want to do that again....just raise my Mana as high as it will go, as fast as I can. And route it through my Exsphere....that won't be easy...* You sighed aloud, no lover feeling happy, like you had been while you were flying. Slowly, you walk into town, and walk around town a little, then you decide to go to the inn.

Just then, Colette and the others just arrived in Triet. You were already renting a room at the Inn.
"Excuse me." said a woman approaching Colette and the others.
"Yes?" asked Colette,
"Do you know her? That girl, that just got here?"
"...Girl?" asked Kratos "...What did she looked like?"
"Well...she had long brown hair, and silver eyes. A pretty little thing really..." the woman explained,
"Aura!" Colette exclaimed
"You do know her! Good..." she agreed,
"Is something wrong?" asked Kratos,
"Well...I mean...The poor thing..."
"What is it?" asked Raine,
"She looked really sad... Like something terrible happened....I was going to ask her if she was alright, but... then I decided it was none of my business." Raine, Kratos, and Colette look at each other, and went into the Inn.

Your room is on the second floor. You just opened your door and are walking in...
"...Aura?" asked Colette's voice. You look back at her and the others, you eyes show it, you're feeling sad. Then you wordlessly turn your head and walk into your room, and close the door. They all come upstairs. And Colette knocks on your door. "Aura? Are you alright?" she asks.
"Just leave me alone." you say.
"Oh...alright." she started to walk away.
"I'm sorry...I just...really don't feel like talking to anyone right now." you say. Your sitting on your bed, holding your knees to your chest.
"That's alright." Colette assured.

They all go downstairs and are talking in the lobby.
"I wonder why she's in the dessert...." said Colette.
"Why? I'd like to know how she got here. And so fast..." said Raine.
"I'd like to know both of those, but especially what's wrong with her." said Kratos, looking at the closed door to your room.

They rent the last two rooms on the second floor. Kratos is in the one next to you. And Raine and Colette are sharing the room next to him.

Its late at night. Kratos is asleep along with every else, but you. You open your door and walk out. Kratos heard it close. He left his door open slightly, because he was worried about why you were so sad. The last time he could remember you being this way, was...was a really long time ago. When someone you cared about was killed. You walk downstairs and go outside. You walk over to the lake, sit down on the dock and look at the stars. *Why did I do it...I'm sure she could have been saved.* Kratos followed you out. You hear some1 come up behind you. You turn your head slightly.
"Oh, hey Kratos." You say then you go back to looking at the stars, he sat down next to you. "If I woke you, I'm sorry." you tell him, looking at the lake
"No, its fine..." he walked to your side, looking down at you, "...What happened in Iselia?" Your eyes stung with some tears, and you quietly told everything that happened. By the end, tears were rolling down your cheeks.
"You did the right thing." he mumbled softly, "Marble asked you... and she would have killed more people. She would have gone on living life as a monster if it hadn't been for you. I don't think there is any way to cure her."
"I...guess you're right." you mumbled, "...thank you for listening."
"It's no problem." he responded quietly, adjusting his gloves slowly. "...We should go back to the inn." he advised,
"You go ahead... I just need to think for a minute. I'll meet you in the lobby in the morning, I promise."
"Don't stay out too late; you need to rest." he responded, and he goes back to the inn.

*Now...who was that blonde guy...?* you think. *I know his name...why can't I remember it...?*
"Sorry." a voice mumbled from behind you. Before you could react strong arms wrapped around you and a cloth was pressed and held firmly over your nose and mouth, you do your best to make them let go of you but they'd pinned our arms to your sides, leaving you unable to get out of their grasp. The chemical in the cloth leaked into your nose and mouth, and your vision began to go fuzzy,
"...?" you took another breath without thinking, and slipped from consciousness. One of the boards on the dock had splintered, and part of your sleeve was torn off on the board. They picked you up, and took you away.

With Colette and the Others:
"Were is Aura?" asked Colette, that morning
"I don't know. I talked to her last night, she said she would meet us in the lobby in the morning..." said Kratos.
"Maybe she left." suggested Raine.
"No. Something tells me something else happened." They all go out to the dock.
"Look." Colette voiced, sitting on her knees next to where a piece of white cloth was caught on one of the boards of the dock "What do you think this is?" Kratos kneeled down, and carefully freed the cloth.
"...It's Aura's." he said, after examining it, "It's part of her sleeve."
"That means she didn't just leave. She was kidnapped." said Raine.
"Let's hurry and look for her!" suggested Colette. Then they left Triet

Genis and Lloyd spent the night at Novas caravan. Then they are off to find Aura, as well as Colette and the others
"I wonder where Aura went..." said Genis, looking at the sky.
"She wasn't at her house....maybe she went to find Colette. I just hope she is alright..." responded Lloyd.
"...It's my fault all this happened...If I hadn't gone to the ranch-"
"Marble would be alive and suffering. Because of you she had a friend, and she was happy."
"Yeah you're right. Thanks Lloyd." They reach the 'House of Salvation.' But leave quickly and are headed for the town of Triet.

Kratos and the others just left Triet and were now searching for you.

You wake up slowly, feeling a little dizzy and a bit sick. Keeping your eyes shut, you took deep breaths to calm your stomach. As you did such, you noticed that you were lying on a bed, a plush pillow supporting your head. The fabric of the blankets under you was made of very soft materials; softer than the blankets at the Triet Inn. Voices found their way to your ears; though they were a bit muffled. Like they were from the other side of a door.
"I'm sorry sir," apologized a voice. It sounded like the voice of that guy who had kidnapped you, "Before she went out her sleeve was torn, and that piece was left at the dock. I didn't have time to retrieve it. The others might...."
"I don't care. All I want to know is if she is alright." argued another voice, that voice sounded...oddly familiar.
"Yes, sir." the first voice said, "She should be up soon."
"Good. You're dismissed."
"Sir." You listened to a pair of footsteps get softer and softer, the first person to speak was walking away. Once their footsteps had vanished, there was a small hiss as the door slid open; footsteps came closer to you as the door hissed shut. They stopped right next to your bed,
"...are you really...?" he mumbled softly,
"N...nn..." you open your eyes slowly, "Wha...what happened...?" you ask softly, sitting up. Your vision was blurry for a moment, similar to the way a person's vision was blurry when they woke from a night's sleep.
"...Good, you're finally up." you look next to you to see that half-elf standing next to your bed and staring down at you. He was the blue haired half-elf who had been following you outside Iselia.
"...Where am I?" you ask weakly. He had to know where you were. After all, he was the one that other guy was calling 'sir',
"You don't need to worry about that right now." he responded plainly, "Tell me if you remember. Anything." you stared at him for a long moment, then looked down the bed as you tried to think. You hadn't really remembered anything clearly. He gave you a slightly disapproving look after a minute of silence, and asked, "How about a hint. Who am I?"
"You..." you murmur, you saw a little flash of him speaking with you in some sort of forested area... Then speaking with someone you couldn't see clearly, the two of them standing in a crowded city. "You... we used to be friends... your name is... is..." you closed your eyes and pressed your forehead into your hand, as you searched, "...I know your name...! It's...It's..." he waited, more patient than before, for you to come up with his name. "...Y..." your voice rang softly in your head,
"Yuan! Come on, let's go."
"...Right, I'm coming." his voice responded, just a whisper.
"Yu..." you raised your head from your hand as you said, "...Yuan." slight smile flickered across his lips briefly.
"That's right." he complimented. "...I guess you are getting your memory back."
"Then you know why I..." you paused, "Why I knew you before you introduced yourself?" you ask hopefully.
"Well..." he started...