Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 30

QUIZ START: "It looks like this is an Exsphere manufacturing plant." Raine voiced, this place felt familiar. Your locket was hanging in front of your shirt, but you didn't really care
"...So it would seem" Kratos agreed
"These are all Exspheres? Incredible." Lloyd said. But you can't believe what you saw an the screen, although no one else seemed to notice it; humans with Exspheres, going in2 the containers. Then you hear something, so does Colette,
"Sh. I hear voices coming from the next room." she said,
"Me to." you agree,
"I don't hear anything..." Genis said,
"Be careful anyway." Lloyd told him. Suddenly one of the upper doors opened and Botta and 2 Desians run into the room!
"Hmm!? You!!" he exclaimed,
"Uh-oh. These are the Desians we ran in2 in the Triet Desert!" Lloyd exclaimed nervously.
"They STILL think were Desians." one laughed,
"Sir. This is the perfect chance." the other told Botta,
"Are you looking for a fight?" Kratos asked, he took a step forward.
"Wait," Botta ordered "Kratos is with them. Lets retreat for now." *Huh?* you think, looking at Kratos *Why....?*
"You...know each other?" asked Lloyd.
"I suppose. If you mean the fact that we ran in2 them in Isealia and Triet." the Mercenary responded calmly,
"I think it would be in both our interests for us not to fight here." Botta suggested,
"...Do what you will." Kratos told them. They left, without another word. Colette ran forward, and Kratos followed her. When the door opened, there were three wizards waiting there! Kratos used 'Guardian' and protected himself; Colette shielded herself with her arms.
"Colette, Kratos!!" you exclaim and you run over to them. Botta and the others leave
"I'm okay." Colette said,
"No time for that! Look behind you!!" Kratos exclaimed.

A half elf, with white, slicked back hair, thin eyes, and wearing armor walked through the door.
"Huh?" asked Lloyd.
"Well. This is a surprise." he said. "When I heard we had some rats I assumed it was the Reneged, Botta. But instead I find the wanted inferior beings. But I must say that I'm quite impressed your still alive after that attack."
"Who are you!?" demanded Lloyd,
"You barge into my ranch, and then demand my name?" the half elf countered.
"Wow Lloyd." Genis said "Isn't it usually the other way around?"
"Genis, this is not the time!!" Lloyd barked.
"He's Kvar." Kratos said bitterly, his eyes keeping a hardened glare directed at the half-elf, "One of the Five Desian Grand Cardinals." *That probably isn't good...* you think uneasily.
"Hahahaha...ah. I see that some of you know me. Its just as Forcystus said. That exsphere is without a doubt the product of my angelus project. And that girl..." he looked towards you,
"!"
"That locket and those eyes... She still even looks the same. There is no question about it, she is the one we've been searching for as well." those three sorcerers from before get ready to fight again. Colette threw a Chakaram at Kvar causing him to dodge to the side, thus clearing the way to the door,
"Good job Colette. Let's go everyone!!" Lloyd exclaimed, running towards the door.

You all run through the room and make it to the back platform.
A dead end.
What you saw above you made you freeze. Its humans, with Exspheres, on a conveyor. After they go into a small tunnel, the come out in the cases you had...seen Exspheres in.
"Wh-what is this?!" asked Lloyd, Kvar and some men come up behind you all,
"This is where the Exspheres are removed from the host bodies."
"Do you mean that Exspheres are made from human bodies?" asked Raine
"Not exactly. Exspheres are dormant at first. They extract nourishment from humans to grow and awaken. Human ranches are exsphere manufacturing plants. Why else would we spend our time raising and taking care of these inferior bings?"
"Thats terrible!" Genis said
"Terrible? Terrible is what You've done. Stealing and using Exspheres that we've invested So much time and care in creating. You deserve to be punished." the Desians that had accompanied Kvar advance,
"Damn were surrounded." Lloyd muttered.
"Lloyd, your exsphere was to be an offering to Lord Yggdrasill." Kvar said,
"-!" you stiffened abruptly, fear twinging in your mind for a brief second, *That name...* you think, putting a hand on your forehead, *Why...does that name make me feel...afraid?*
"Its time you gave it back!" Kvar finished,
"...Yggdrasill...I suppose that's the name of your leader." Raine said. Again, you felt that twinge of fear.
"Yes. Now, for the sake of our great leader, Lord Yggdrasill, and for the sake of my own success. I need that exsphere! ...And I need Aura as well. That girl is what Yggdrasill wants now more than anything."
"Again?! What's so special about my exsphere" asked Lloyd
"And what's so special about Me?" you ask. Kvar was the first person-- half-elf-- you've met who sounds like they actually know something about you.
"That exsphere is the result of Years of time consuming research. I can finally reclaim what was stolen by that filthy female host body!"
"What are you talking about? The female host body? You're not talking about..." Lloyd started,
"...Hmm. You don't know anything do you?" asked Kvar, "That exsphere was cultured on host body A012, human name: Anna-- your mother. She took it and escaped from the facility. Of course she paid for her crime with her life."
"You...You killed my-" Lloyd demanded, tone rising, clenching his fists,
"Now, now. Don't blame me. I'm not the one who killed Anna. Your father did. And Aura served our leader; he did like her, quite a lot actually. But...oh, she loved another, which greatly angered him. That is why Yggdrasill gave her, hehehe, reminders of who she belonged to. Then one day she ran away and disappeared. We didn't know what happened to her, until now."

You couldn't move *N-no! That's a lie!!* you insist in your head, although you couldn't open your mouth to argue. Something about what he said....
"LIAR!!" Lloyd yelled in your defense
"..." after a little while, you finally regained control over your senses "...That's a lie." you insist,
"Please." Kvar laughed, "When Annas Key Crest-less exsphere was removed. Anna turned into a monster, and your father killed her. Pathetic don't you think? And Aura...all of your memories, what do you think they are of? You're wings, where do you think they came from, hm? And why does the name 'Yggdrasill' sound so familiar?" He...was right.
"I--...I..." you start, but you couldn't think of anything to say "...I..." Kratos clenched a fist,
"Do not speak ill of the dead. Or falsely accuse the innocent." he growled icily, glaring angrily at Kvar.
"Hahaha. Who cares, they were both just a couple of filthy humans. Worthless maggots." Kvar laughed evilly, before continuing, "And Aura did serve our leader, she was a great help. And its even more amusing now! She doesn't remember any of it! Hahaha!"
"Don't you ever talk about my parents like that!!!" Lloyd said
"Don't mock my past!" you yell at him. "So what if I don't remember...!? I know your lying!"

It felt like... like you knew what had happened to Lloyd's mother, like you had experienced it first hand. The Desians advance on you all again, Kratos pushed you behind him, hand resting on his sword handle, ready to fight.
"Do you really think you, a worthless human, will stop me?" Kvar demanded. Kratos said nothing in response, but his grip on his sword handle tightened.
"..."
"...Kratos..." you whisper worriedly. Still, he said nothing. *He won't take her...* the Mercenary thought, *...Not again...I won't let him... no matter what...*

When Sheena stepped in front of all of you,
"I'll handle this!" she pulled out a seal, she looked to the seal sadly "I'm gonna use the last one grandpa." she muttered. A guardian appeared and you all were teleported outside the ranch.

Once out...
"Thank you Sheena." Colette thanked gratefully.
"Don't mention it. But what are you going to do now?" asked Sheena.
"Lets return to Luin First." Raine suggested.
"I concur." Kratos agreed. You glance at Kratos *....why...was he so determined to protect me..?* "It's far too dangerous to waste any more time here..." he added "More Desian Scouts will be upon us at any moment if we don't leave soon."
"...Right." Lloyd agreed.
"Okay..." Genis added. You were quiet, still thinking about what Kvar said *That...can't be my past...It just can't be!* You don't talk on the way back to Luin until Sheena asked...