Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 32

QUIZ START: Sheena, surprisingly enough, made breakfast. Knowing that you had a long walk to go in order to reach Hima, you ate as you walked.
"This is probably going to be a full day's walk, at the least." Genis advised, looking at the map. He set it on the ground, "We're here, in Luin." he pointed to the city, "And Hima is in that mountain range." he pointed to the dot labeled Hima on the far edge of the continent,
"Wow...that's a long way." Lloyd commented,
"Like I said...full day." Genis sighed.
"That's alright," you respond, "We're used to long travel by now."
"Let's get moving." Kratos finished.

"I thought you said it was just going to be one day's hike...?" Lloyd sighed weakly as Kratos put down the wood he'd found for the campfire, saying that he would go out again later that night for more if it was needed.
"It woulda been if we hadn't gotten in so many battles." Genis responded. Once Kratos had stepped away from the fire the little elf used his mana to ignite it.
"Who wants to cook tonight?" Colette asked,
"I'll cook, I could use the practice," Genis said, "But I need some herbs first."
"I'll go find them." you volunteer,
"Me too," Sheena agreed. After Genis listed what he needed, the two of you headed off into the forest together. "Sa-ay...." Sheena ventured as you plucked a few mushrooms from around some tree-roots,
"What?" you ask,
"I was wondering..." she pulled some herbs off the ground casually, "Do you and Kratos have like...a thing for each other?" you stiffened, turning back to look at her,
"Wh--what...!?" she smirked slyly at your expression.
"His voice is always kinder when he talks to you, and he's nicer to you too. And you always look happier when he's near you." you blush darker, looking back to the ground to act like you were trying to find more mushrooms, "Hey--c'mon!! You can tell me, can't you??"
"W...well..." you murmur, standing up. You dropped the mushrooms in Sheena's pack, and admit, "I...I don't really know how he feels towards me...but... I..." your face was glowing with a blush, "I...like him...yeah..." she grinned
"I think you two would be cute together~"
"Sh-Sheena!" you stammer, "C'...C'mon, let's finish getting these herbs..."
"You should tell him how you feel." she commented, picking some red Verbena leaves and throwing them in her pack as well,
"I'm nervous." you responded, picking a few sage leaves, "I mean...I'm shy..."
"Shy?" she questioned, "You're one of the kindest, most open people I've met! What do you mean 'shy'?"
"No, no. I mean like...around people I really have feelings for..." she smirked again and poked your shoulder playfully,
"So you're shy around Kratos then, huh?" you blush more. She laughed lightly, "Alright, alright, let's finish getting these and get back..."
"Hm?" you notice some green leaves hugging to a tree root, "Ah--is this...?"
"Is what what?" Sheena asked,
"This," she kneeled next to you as you picked the leaves, "This is mint...right?" she gave it a hard look,
"...yeah. That's mint, alright. Why?"
"I like mint. I'll bring it with us." you respond with a small smile.

"You're still awake?" Kratos' voice asked. The hour was near eleven, after dinner you all had sat around the fire and estimated the time it would take to reach Hima the next day. In the end you had settled on about three or four hours.
"Heh...yeah. I figured you wouldn't mind a little company."
"...hm..."
"Could you hand me another cup?" you asked.
"....?"
"You want something to drink too, right?" you smiled slightly as you asked,
"Ah...thank you." he handed you a mug and questioned, "What are you making? Coffee?"
"Yes." you respond with a small smile, bruising mint leaves between your hands. You did your best not to shred them; they went straight into the coffee cup, and if they were shredded there was a risk of swallowing them. "I found some mint leaves in the woods today; I was going to add them to the coffee."
"Mint?" he commented, "...I've never heard of adding mint to coffee."
"It's just something I've always liked." you respond, "Do you want yours plain?"
"No...I'll try it." you gave him a small smile, and turned back to what you were doing.

"Alright, it's done." you held out a mug full of coffee for him to take, "Here." Kratos took the mug with a quiet thanks, blowing steam off of the top. You took the space next to him, Noishe coming over to you with a wagging tail and dropping his head in your lap for a scratch behind the ears. You scratched behind his ears with one hand, holding the mug in your other hand.
"Hm..." Kratos had just taken a sip of the coffee you had made for him,
"Like it?" you ask,
"Its good." he responded,
"Just don't drink the mint leaves." you respond with a small grin as you sipped your coffee slowly. About an hour later, despite the coffee you drank, you began to feel tired. "Goodnight." you tell Kratos, lying down. He grunted quietly in response.