Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 33

QUIZ START: Once everyone had woken up, about eight in the morning, you all set out again. You see the mountains in the distance where the Hima Inn must be located. The plateau was on the far side.

You finally reach Hima after a few more hours of walking.
"Where to?" asked Lloyd,
"The Inn, my friend Sophia is there." Sheena responded. Once inside the Inn, you see a lady standing on the steps,
"Sheena!" Sophia exclaimed.
"How's Pietro?" she asked,
"...He passed away." you all get '!'marks
"Did he say anything? Something about the human ranch perhaps?" asked Genis
"I...I don't know...I don't even know if he really escaped from there."
"What about his belongings?" asked Raine,
"H-...He didn't have any." Sophia murmured.
"Where is his grave?"
"At the back of the adventurers graveyard...Ah don't think about digging up his grave, please." you leave and head to the graveyard.

Its on a small plateau, higher up, with a few more graves there as well
"I suppose digging up the grave is out of the question..." Raine said.
"Anyway, lets pray," Colette suggested. You, Genis, Sheena, and Lloyd join her. Then Sheena turned around,
"Hmm?" you all turn and see a sickly looking man with brown hair walking towards you. Sheena gasped,
"Chosen...mana...d...die." he said
"W...what's he saying?" asked Genis.
"Pietro!" Sheena exclaimed "I heard you were dead!" there was a small, collective gasp from the rest of you. Then Sophia came up the plateau.

"Here you are." she said.
"Chosen die...angel die. Human ranch. Underground."
"You mustn't come out here. Lets go."
"You lied to us. He's the one that escaped from the ranch!" Raine said. Sophia gasped,
"Really?" asked Lloyd, "Please tell me. How did you get away from the human ranch?"
"Boulder. Fight. Underground, jewel. Boulder, move chosen..."
"What are you saying?" asked Genis.
"Boulder move...? Underground...Move a boulder to an underground entrance?" you ask, you had pieced together the words he was saying, and now you were just guessing. Everyone stiffened, using what you had said to also piece his rambling together.
"Is she right? Is that...the escape route?" Kratos asked Pietro,
"...Please! Let him be!!" Sophia pleaded,
"Now listen! You may be happy just protecting Pietro!" Sheena told her, "But because of this guy, countless people from Luin are dead! How about helping us just a little?!"
"I'm sure Pietro has many things he wants to say as well." Sophia explained "But because of the curse, he's been turned into this..."
"But he's still alive." Lloyd argued "The dead can't even tell us that they were scared. Please. Help us."
"We want to go to the ranch if its possible to get out." Colette said. "Its possible to get back in, right? Please."
"I'm willing to help you. But in exchange, lift his curse The healing technique left behind by Boltzman is in the Tower of Mana. That may be able to cure his curse."
"Alright. But infiltrating the ranch comes first. I wont relinquish." Raine told her.
"When he escaped from the ranch he said he came out through the front yard, and he blocked the exit with a boulder. His things are in his grave. Take them with you."
"Thank you." Colette said
"We'll come back when weve acquired the healing technique."
"Come. Lets go." Sophia told Pietro.
"Was there a boulder there?" asked Sheena. You remember that thing you saw.
"I do recall something that seemed unnatural." Kratos said.
"Yeah, I saw it too." you agree "A boulder in front of some type of vent. I could show you where it is."
"Yes let's go check it out." Colette said,
"Yeah," Lloyd agreed. After digging up the grave you get a 'Desian orb'

Later that afternoon...Everyone deiced to head back tomorrow. You had gone up on top of the plateau, looking at the Tower of Salvation and the rest of the land around it. With the exception of some clouds, everything was perfectly visible. The sun is setting, casting beautiful colors everywhere, the wind is blowing, its a little cold but you don't mind; you like the cold.

When your vision started to go blurry; your legs shook weakly as your phobia of heights clawed at your mind... You walk backwards slowly; away from the cliff,
"Ooooh..." you slip on a rock and stumble. A strong arm behind your shoulders stopped your fall.
"You need to be careful, Aura." Kratos' voice told you,
"Oh...! Kratos, thanks for catching me." you thank. He nodded,
"Are you alright?" he asked.
"Y-yeah...! I'm fine!" you say "I...I..." you look away "I'm...scared of heights."
"Oh...?" he asked, slight interest in his voice "But in Asguard, at the Balacruf Mausoleum--"
"That wasn't this high." you say, "...And...it wasn't as easy...to fall off." to your surprise the Mercenary laughed lightly, "Wh-what's so funny...!?" you ask, blushing at the fact he found your fear funny. Kratos shook his head,
"No, no its nothing. Now, come on." his arm was still around the back of your shoulders, his hand rested on your opposite shoulder.
"Come...on...?" you ask,
"...I'll help you get rid of your fear."
"!" he gently pushed you forward as he took a step,
"Come with me... I won't let you fall." he assured.
"..." you take reluctant steps forward, walking just slightly closer to the Mercenary as you both got closer to the edge. The closer you got to the edge, the tighter he held you.
Once you reached the edge, he spoke again
"...There, see?" he asked. "You made it." your legs were shaking uncontrollably. But you make yourself look out, over the land. You were scared as is, but you got really scared after looking down.
"...Eep...!!" you squeak quietly. You cling to the Mercenarys chest, hiding your face, and shutting your eyes tightly.
"...!" Kratos was surprised by how suddenly you got frightened, and your reaction to being scared. But his expression softened when he felt you shaking, a slight smile flickered across his lips briefly. He rested his hands on your shoulders, "Don't be scared Aura." he gave your shoulders a reassuring squeeze "I'm here..." you press your face farther into his chest, not wanting to look over the edge again; also not wanting to loose the safe feeling you had now. The Mercenary chuckled softly, then gently pushed back against your shoulders; trying to urge you into looking over the edge again. But you wouldn't budge, you keep your face hidden.
"..." you murmur a small noise, asking him not to make you look over the edge again.
"...Aura...at least look at me." he asked softly. Slowly, you push yourself back slightly, and look up at him, opening your eyes slowly. "...I'm not going to let you go." he assured, squeezing your shoulders gently. "I won't let you fall." you blush a little at what you had done.
"S-sorry, Kratos..." you apologize. When you saw...his expression change... but you weren't sure exactly what it changed to. "...? What is it...?" you ask.
"..." he didn't respond. But leaned down, and kissed you.
Your eyes widen.
His lips were just barely touching yours, just the slightest pressure, barely a kiss. He was still holding your shoulders firmly in his strong hands, you couldn't move away. You let your eyes slowly close, as pink grew darker on your cheeks. It was so weird, you thought this is the first time he kissed you --it was your first kiss-- but it felt so... familiar, like he had... somehow... kissed you before.

It was only a few seconds before he pulled away, you blush a little more.
"...I'm sorry." he apologized, looking to the side slightly.
"Its... okay." you tell him, he looked back at you. You know his expression for some reason; it was almost like... a look of longing. You take a step towards him, putting a hand on the side of his face,
"...?" you lean up, and gently pull his head down, closing your eyes, letting your lips touch his. He was too tall for you to just lean up to kiss him, "!" Kratos didn't respond for a second, surprised by your actions in response to what he did. But his eyes slipped closed, and he returned your kiss, making the pink on your cheeks darken. You let your hand slip from the side of his face, as you rest your hands on his shoulders to help keep your balance. His arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you close to him, a little more pink rose on your cheeks. Your stomach was fluttering at the feeling Kratos' lips pressed so firmly against yours, and his strong arms wrapped securely around your waist.

When you pull away, the blushing on your cheeks lightened just slightly. Kratos raised a hand, and carefully brushed stray bangs from in front of your eyes.
"Aura, listen to me. No matter what happens when this journey is over, just know..." he promised, tone more serious now, "I would never do anything to hurt you if I had a choice."
"...Wha...?" you ask.
"...Do you believe me?"
"...Yes. I.... I just don't really know what your talking about." he sighed quietly, relieved. He pulled you closer, resting his free hand on the back of your head as he hugged you, making your head rest below his "...!"
"...You don't need to worry about that now..." he assured. After saying that, you stayed in his arms for a few minutes. A silence fell over both of you, the only noise was the wind howling by.
"I still don't like heights..." you murmur, looking over the nearby edge of the plateau with uneasy eyes. Kratos chuckled good-naturedly, loosely threading his fingers in your hair,
"...Heh." was his response, you blush lightly. His arms were still firmly wrapped around you, holding you close. "...Don't worry... I wont let you fall." he assured.

After a few more minutes, although it felt like much longer;
"We should get back." Kratos suggested, loosening his hold on you.
"Y-yeah." you agree as he released you. You both walk side by side back to the Inn.

After making it back, you go inside, while Kratos stays outside to talk to Raine for a little while. But when you get inside... Sheena is snickering.
"What?"
"I knew you two liked each other." she giggled. You felt heat rising in your face as your cheeks turned pink.
"What...?!" you ask
"Hee-hee-hee. I saw you both kiss up on the plateau. You both really would be cute together." In an instant, you tackled her,
"If you tell Anyone I'm gonna kill you!" you exclaim, trying to strangle her. She fended you off through her laughter.
"Hahahaha. I wont, I wont!!" The door opens again, you both separate, you lay down on your bed, blushing a little bit; and just think about stuff. Lloyd, Colette, and Genis walked in.
"Hey what was all that noise?" asked Lloyd, looking at you both confused.
"Don't worry about it, Lloyd." Sheena told him, giving him a non-convincing smile. He quirked an eyebrow curiously, but knew better than to try and pry.