Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 34

QUIZ START: You woke up early, a habit you found yourself getting into more and more. You walked out of the Inn, into the cool are of the plateau; you sighed, stretching your stiff arms above your head. You question mentally if, perhaps, you were from Hima....No, not here. This place wasn't familiar to you at all.

"Do you always wake up so early, Aura?" Kratos' voice questioned as the door to the Inn closed again.
"I've...kinda made it a habit." you respond,
"Lloyd needs to make it a habit, too." he mumbled. He walked to the man who'd set up a makeshift shop next to the Inn, asking the price for a new whetstone. Apparently the price was alright, because Kratos fished gald from his pocket and exchanging that for the whetstone he'd questioned about,
"I'm going back inside." you tell him,
"I'll wait out here until everyone else is up." he responded, sitting on the steps to the Inn and running the whetstone over his sword.

"Sorry, guys." Genis apologized, scratching the back of his head. Everyone had woken now, and you had moved outside, conversing in front of the Inn about how long it would take to reach the Ranch from Hima. "From here it would be about two days--but, with battles, it will be closer to three."
"I dont care how long it takes as long as we get there!" Lloyd responded determinedly, "As long as we get there and shut the ranch down for good, that's all that matters." everyone voiced a determined agreement, and then you set out on the long treck for the ranch.

Over the course of the day you'd made good time; what few fights you'd been forced into went by quickly and you were able to keep moving. After dinner everyone settled down, wanting to be able to wake early tomorrow and get moving. You laid down on your back, arms folded behind your head, and stared up at the stars, eyes moving from constellation to constellation.
"What are you looking at?" Colette asked curiously,
"The stars." you explain, "I want to see what constellations we can see in different parts of the world." Colette looked up, then pointed up into the dark sky,
"What's that big bright star?"
"Colette, that's the moon." Lloyd told her.
"Oh...Hehehe," she laughed nervously, "I knew that." the conversation between you and Colette caused everyone else to take curiosity to the sky. They looked up as well,
"Wow..." Lloyd commented, the sky was full of stars.
"Whats the one that looks like a dipper?" asked Genis, pointing to the constellation overhead,
"I see it." you agree, eyes finding the stars.
"It's the Big Dipper." Kratos told Genis,
"Look at the end of the handle, its pointing to another star." Colette commented,
"Yeah. I see that. Whats that star?" asked Lloyd.
"That is the north star, Polaris. No matter where you are. It always point north." the Mercenary continued,
"Awesome," Lloyd commented,
"I guess...because you're a traveling Mercenary, you have to be able to tell the direction you're going no matter what time of day huh?" you ask.
"Yes. If not I would get lost easily."
"Those three stars in a row." Raine commented, "That is 'Orion's Belt', correct?"
"Yes." you confirm, "But that's really the only part of Orion I can see..."
"Yeah...same here." Sheena agreed.

After looking at the stars for a little while longer, everyone had fallen asleep. Lloyd was the night watch, and you stayed up later to keep him company for a little while.
"Lloyd..." you ask, "Your mother....she was killed?"
"Yeah..." he mumbled, "I thought...I thought it was the Desians but..." he shook his head, "No. There's no way that my father..."
"What do you do to remember her?" you ask gently.
"Hm... I...I don't know." he looked up at the moon, "Whenever I look at the moon... the moon makes me think of my mom."
"...Really?"
"Yeah..." he mumbled, "Her eyes...her eyes look like the moon." your expression softened, and you go back to looking at the stars. The lullaby you always sang floated through your mind, and you began to hum,
"Hmm hm-hm hm-hmm...hm hm-hm hmmmm...." Lloyd stiffened, looking to you,
"Aura...that song. Where did you learn it?"
"I don't know." you respond, but then notice how serious he was, "Why?"
"It...it sounds kind of familiar..." he responded,
"Maybe...maybe you've heard me singing it before?" he looked back to the stars, mumbling,
"Huh...I...I guess so."