Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 36

QUIZ START: "Let's go back to town first." Genis said, "We can talk about what to do next time after that."
"But where?" you question,
"Yeah. Luin is in shambles right now. Are you sure Colette will be able to rest there?" Sheena asked,
"Perhaps Asgard would be a better choice." Kratos suggested,
"Yes. I think that's a good idea." Raine nodded, "Lloyd, I trust that's fine with you?"
"...Yeah." he agreed.
"...I'm sorry, everyone." Colette apologized. You and Raine worked together and closed Colette's wound; after which you all practically ran to Asguard. You rented rooms at the nicer of the two hotels, and Raine quickly made her lie down.
"So each time Colette releases a seal and takes a step closer to becoming an angel, she loses a part of what makes her human?" Sheena asked,
"Losing her humanity?..." Genis gasped, "That's terrible! Then, what's going to happen to her in the end?
"...What is going to happen to her in the end?..." Lloyd whispered. A bad feeling nagged at you, though you couldn't find a reason why,
"Not only that, but after she regenerates the world, she'll be all alone as the only angel in the world, right? Well...except for maybe Aura..." Genis asked. You stiffened; you hadn't heard what he'd been saying,
"Still...That's too cruel..." Sheena responded,
"Ah...that's..." Raine began nervously,
"Professor, it's okay." Colette interrupted, sitting up,
"But Colette..."
"I'm sorry to worry everyone." the blonde apologized, "Right now, things are a little difficult, but once I become a complete angel, it may be a lot easier. So don't worry. It's okay."
"Colette..." you argue, "You can't just say its okay...aren't you scared?"
"I...n-no..." she responded, shaking her head.
"But it is too hard on you!" Sheena argued as well, "If you're tired, you want to sleep, don't you? Don't you miss the taste of the foods you like? And you can't even feel the warmth of someone when you hold their hand... You should just stop this crazy world regeneration!"
"Thank you, Sheena." she thanked with a smile, "But if I quit now, all the people suffering throughout the world won't be saved. I was born for the sake of the world regeneration, so I'm going to make sure I do my job. Okay?
"Yes..." Kratos agreed, "That is the fate of the Chosen."
"Isn't there anything we can do? Find some way where Colette doesn't have to become an angel?..." Lloyd asked weakly,
"The world will be regenerated when the Chosen becomes an angel." Colette explained, "It's always been like that... And it probably always will be. So..."
"So you're really okay with things the way they are now?" the brunette demanded,
"...Yes." she responded, "I'm going to become an angel. That's what Father wants, too."
"Which one?"
"I'm sure...both of them do." she responded,
"All right." Raine sighed quietly, "But Colette, the path you've chosen is not going to be easy, you know."
"Yes, Professor." she nodded,
"I won't accept this." Lloyd muttered, "There was to be another way." You were worried about Colette, you really were, but other thoughts had priority over your mind at the moment...
Who is Yggdrasill?
What about Pronyma?
How...did Kvar know about the scar on your shoulder?

You left the Inn, taking a few steps out into the cool air. You took a seat before the edge of the small rise that the Inn sat on. The door to the Inn opened and shut behind you. Someone walked over to you; you listen to the soft sound of their footsteps in the grass gradually getting closer and closer. When they lightly touched the back of your left shoulder, about the place where your scar was, it sent chills up your spine. You spin around quickly and knock there hand away. Then you see who it was,
"Oh...Kratos. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you."
"...It's alright." he assured, before sitting next to you. Silence...... "...Aura?"
"...How? How did he know about my scar?" you ask.
"The Desians will use any resources necessary to find out any and everything they can about a person. Thats probably how they found out about you." he said.
"..." one of Kratos' hands goes across the back of your shoulders resting on the back of your left shoulder, he slid one finger underneath the sleeve of your shirt. You were going to ask him what he was doing, but felt the pad of his finger lightly brush over your scar.
"...Is this the scar Kvar was talking about?"
"Yes..." you mumble. He continued lightly tracing his finger over your scar, feeling the damaged skin of your shoulder under his fingertip. You didn't really mind, you did have feelings for him, and his touch felt somewhat familiar...After a few minutes, you rest your head on his shoulder, staring at the ground in front of you. Kratos was momentarily puzzled by the action, but removed his finger from under your sleeve and wrapped that arm around your waist, holding you closer.
"...Are you alright...?" Kratos asked softly.
"..." His arm around you put you more at ease. You slowly began to open up to him, and tell him what you were thinking about. Like you always did.

You never really understood why you felt so comfortable talking to Kratos about what was on your mind.
"...Kratos?"
"Yes?"
"Do you really think thats how Kvar found out about my scar?" you ask him.
"...Unfortunately, we will never know." Kratos told you. He held you a little tighter "...But, there is also no more he can do to you, now."
"But its what he said..."
"...?"
"He said Yggdrasill intended for it to stay there, just to remind me who I belong to..." you didn't know why you were letting his words get to you so much. It was just...the way he said them...
"It was most likely a lie, just to intimidate you." Kratos told you. He sounded slightly frustrated at how you were letting Kvar's words get to you so easily.
"I'm sorry." you apologize. "But its just...its like every one knows my past, but me." you tell him, then you smile sadly. Kratos looked at you slightly confused. You murmur, "I wish I was like you..."
"W-...What?" he asked, confusion creeping into his voice. "What... what do you mean, Aura...?" He asked softly.
"You know what's real. And you don't get intimidated as easily as I do..." you tell him "...You're strong."
"...You're just confused, Aura." Kratos told you gently, his expression softening. He rested his head on yours, holding you tighter "That is nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't mean you're... weak... You should never wish to be someone else." you smile softly. You close your eyes, while shifting your head from his shoulder to the crook of his neck.
"...You're right." you murmur quietly. Kratos sighed softly, and shifted his head slightly on yours.
"..." he closed his eyes, releasing a small sigh. You felt comfort now. Feeling his strong arm around you made you feel at ease

The two of you walked back to the Inn together, you went into the room you shared with the other girls, and Kratos went to the room he shared with Lloyd and Genis.