Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 37

QUIZ START: In the morning Raine took another look at Colette's wound, healing it one more time just to make sure that it remained closed. Raine explained that she had heard a few rumors circulating through town about Lake Umacy. She wanted to go by the lake before you headed to the Tower of Mana.
"What rumors?" you question,
"I've heard something about a unicorn..."
"Unicorn?" a man in the lobby overheard you, and approached you, "You're looking for the Unicorn?"
"You've heard the rumors too?" Sheena asked,
"A few. Legend has it that a unicorn lives in this area. It seems the unicorn will appear before a pure maiden. They say that sometimes, the visage of the unicorn appears on the surface of Lake Umacy."
"So it is in Lake Umacy," Raine agreed with a nod,
"Why did you listen to rumors about a Unicorn?" you ask curiously,
"For its horn." Raine responded, "It's rumored that the horn of a Unicorn is a powerful catalyst for healing magic's. With Pietro's disease, I think it may be necessary to heal him."

"Can we not run today?" Genis asked hopefully, "I'm still beat from yesterday."
"We've not pressing matter aside from the World Regeneration," Kratos responded, "Perhaps a calm day would be a relief."
"Alright then, let's get going to Lake Umacy and take as long as we want." Lloyd laughed.
"Sounds good." Sheena agreed. You walked at your own pace out of town, having to stop repetitively for Raine to take a look at the old structures of Asguard that she'd missed last time.

The walk to the Lake took only around four hours; also, a relief, you got into relatively few battles throughout the course of the day. You knew this area around the lake...this was where you had woken four years ago, it was the first thing you could clearly remember. At the bottom of the lake, a Unicorn lay on its side, in a bubble of air,
"Wow...!" you gasp; there wasn't a unicorn there when you were here four years ago...
"Wow! So there are still unicorns left on this side!" Sheena murmured,
"What do you mean 'this side'?" Genis asked,
"Uh...n-nothing."
"Look at that!" Lloyd agreed,
"It's beautiful..." Colette commented,
"It's a unicorn!" Genis exclaimed, "Raine, it's a unicorn!"
"Yes. But why is it..." Raine mumbled,
"...It's like a prison of water." Kratos commented, speaking about the dome in which the unicorn was trapped, "I doubt there's much we can do."
"There has to be a way we can make contact with it..." Raine mumbled,
"The Unicorn Horn?" the Mercenary asked,
"Yes." the Professor nodded, "In order to use Master Boltzman's healing technique, we need the Unicorn Horn."
"But how can we get over there?" Genis asked,
"Can we just swim to it?" the brunette boy questioned,
"You won't be able to hold your breath that long." he argued,
"Dammit!" Lloyd cursed, "Isn't there anything we can do?!"
"...There is a way." Sheena piped up,
"What?" the Professor turned towards her with curious eyes. Everyone else followed,
"We could summon Undine," she explained, almost nervously, "Who exists somewhere in this world, to control the water's mana."
"Undine..." Lloyd repeated,
"You mean the Summon Spirit?" you ask, "Undine is the Summon of Water."
"We don't have anyone who can summon the Summon Spirits." Genis argued,
"I..." she paused, "...I haven't formed a pact yet, but if I can form the pact, then...I can summon."
"Now that you mention it, you did say you could use summoning techniques.
Are you a summoner?"
"I'm a guardian user!" she argued, then added, "...But I can summon, too."
"I'd heard that art of summoning was lost a very long time ago..." Raine voiced questioningly
"...Well, it still exists." she said simply, "Anyway, if you're not interested, I'm not going to force you..."
"No, we need the Unicorn Horn." Lloyd responded, "Please do it, Sheena."
"...A...all right." Sheena nodded, "Then, let's go to the Seal of Water. Undine should be at the seal."
"The Thoda Geyser, was the Water Seal, right?" Genis asked, "Let's go!"

"This is quite a detour." Kratos commented as Lloyd and the others left,
"...Yes." Raine agreed. She noticed how you had lingered by the lakeside, "Aura, let's go."
"......."
"Hm?" she noticed how you didn't move. *The first place I remember...* you think, looking at the Unicorn *I woke up here, and all I could remember was my name and how old I was... That was it... How much have I forgotten...? How many people do I not remember...?* "Aura," you turn back quickly,
"Ah--what is it, Professor?"
"I said we were leaving," she explained, "It appeared you didn't hear me."
"Heh..." you laugh weakly, "S-sorry, I was just thinking." As you all headed back towards Hakonieshia, Colette piped up,
"Aura, you said the first place you remember was Lake Umacy...?"
"Yes," you respond, "I woke up there, four years ago. All I could remember was my name... After I woke up I just started walking."
"Do you remember anything about the areas you've traveled through?" Kratos asked,
"Well...the most I really remember is Thoda Geyser. I know it's kind of strange, but everywhere else I've traveled is kind of a blur...like I hadn't been paying attention."

With the pace you traveled and lack of monsters in the Asguard region, you'd made it to the House of Salvation for the region. You stayed the night there, with Kratos and Lloyd training outside for a while before going to sleep.