Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 4

Quiz Start: Yuan was just about to say something, probably something concerning your past, when,
"Lord Yuan--" a Desian interrupted, bursting into the room before the door had opened fully,
"...?" you looked at Yuan confused, Yuan gave him a semi-annoyed look,
"I-I apologize," he said, bowing slightly, "I didn't mean to interrupt."
"...It's fine." Yuan sighed, turning to him, "What is your report?"
"We've found him, sir." he explained
"Good." Yuan responded, moving to walk towards the Desian.
"Wait...!" You reached out a hand and grabbed his wrist, preventing him from leaving. He was somewhat startled by the action, and turned back to you.
"How dare you lay a hand on--!" the Desian started angrily, but Yuan held up his free hand,
"Stop. It's alright."
"Y...yes sir." he said. Yuan looked back to you calmly, waiting to know what you wanted,
"Where am I?" you asked,
"You're safe." he responded flatly, gently shaking off your hand.
"Wh...?"
"...still don't remember..." he muttered under his breath. He looked to the Desian over his shoulder. "Step out."
"Yes sir." the Desian nodded, then stepped out of the room, the door closing behind him. He turned back to you, and stared at you firmly for a moment before announcing,
"You're not leaving this base."
"Wh-what--?" you start,
"Stay here." Yuan repeated. He stepped out and the door shut; you heard the soft beeping of buttons being pressed, "...there...locked..." his voice was barely audible, and you were surprised that you heard it. You sighed helplessly, but your ears twitched slightly when you heard them speaking. "What did you want?"
"Sir, we've got Lloyd in prison now." *Lloyd!* you gasp mentally,
"Good. Keep him there. I need to discuss terms with someone."
"What about-" he began,
"Make sure she stays in that room. Don't let her out." he responded, "Also, make sure that she's alright, understood?"
"Yes sir." You listened to Yuan then walk away.

After thinking for a long time, you wondered where Yuan had gone... Yuan had probably returned to his office by now; and the Desian was no doubt standing guard outside. *Yuan said to make sure I was alright.... I wonder if...* You walk to the middle of the floor and kneel down; you put your hands on your head, threading your fingers through your hair. You took a deep breath, and then began to yell,
"AAhhhhhhhhaaa!!"
"Wh-what--!?" he demanded,
"Ahhhh! M-My head is going to explode! Aaahahhhh!!!" you fell on your side, clenching your fists in fake pain.
"Hey! What's happening!?"
"Aahhhaaaa---ahh..." you let the yell fade away, then shut your eyes, and laid still. You heard the hiss of the door opening, and the guard rushed to you. He kneeled down next to you, and turned you on your back, taking your pulse on your wrist,
"What...?" he asked, "You're fine?"
"Sorry..." you apologize. You thrust your palm straight into his forehead as hard as you could. With a groan he fell back, unconscious. You undid his armor and pulled it off, leaving him in his boxers and a white wife-beater. You pulled on the armor over your cloths; thankfully it was a man's outfit, and you were left with plenty of extra space. You pulled off his helmet last, and put it on your head. It clunked around a little, but then you considered your hair. *Better not run around in a man's outfit with my hair like this...*

You pulled your hair onto your head and twisted it into a sloppy bun which you then stuffed into your helmet; after letting it rest on your head you found it fit better now. You poke your head out of the door, to check and make sure no one is coming, then you sneak out of the room, closing and locking the door behind you.
"Sorry." you whisper again to the man. You close the door after you, and lock it securely. Then you start searching the base, man, it was huge! *Hm...he said something about prison.* you continue to search, doing your best to avoid any Desians so you didn't look like a complete idiot. After ten minutes of wandering you came to a hallway which connected to a large room. You almost walked into the room until a voice spoke,
"I sure do feel sorry for that Lloyd kid." you jumped back behind the wall quickly
"Yeah there is no way he can escape execution." *Execution!?* you gasp mentally. After reeling through a list of ideas you arrive at a solution. You walk out from your hiding place and approach them, doing your best not to shake.
"Lord Botta wants to speak with both of you. I'll guard Lloyd." you lie, making your voice sound both slightly deeper and also ridiculous.
"...You feeling alright?" one of them asked skeptically.
"Yeah. I just have a bit of a sore throat." you respond, "N-now hurry!"
"Ok." They both leave. Lloyd watched you, glaring angrily at you. Once you heard the door closed you sighed.
"Good, that worked..."
"What the hell are you talking about?" demanded Lloyd, confused.
"Lloyd--lighten up." you ask, forgetting that you still looked like a Desian.
"Why should I? You guys are going to execute me!" he told you.
"Ops....I forgot I'm still wearing this disguise."
"Disguise?" You pull off your helmet, and your brown hair fell down your back, coming out of its sloppy braid,
"Heh, hi Lloyd." you greet, holding the helmet under one arm. The boy instantly perked up
"Aura!" You open the door, and he quickly hugged you,
"I'm so glad you're alright! Genis and I were looking for you everywhere."
"Yeah, me too." you nod, "Come on, we need to get out of--"
"Not yet." Lloyd asked, "I need to find my equipment first."
"Hm... Well, just over there I saw a lot of different weapons. Maybe it's there." After heading to where the weapons were stacked you found Lloyd's swords and chest plate lying on top of the rest of the weapons. You turn your back to him, taking a few steps away, "Get changed, I won't look."

As the brunette undressed and pulled on his armor, he called to you,
"Hey, how did you get a Desian uniform?"
"I-it's a....a long story."
"How did you get here?" he asked.
"That's a longer story..." you said with a weak laugh,
"I'm sure it is." he laughed as he finished redressing. You discovered that the place was something of an armory, and you took one of the swords which were there.
"Hey, where is your normal sword...thing?" the brunette asked, buckling on his two belts.
"I don't know...I didn't have it when I woke up."
"Woke up?" he gave you an odd look.
"Don't ask. Let's go." You fold your hair up into a bun again, and put the helmet back on.
"Why are you keeping the helmet?" Lloyd asked, "Just leave it."
"You never know, we might need a distraction." you responded
"Yeah...Good point." he agreed. After navigating through more confusing rooms and hallways you grab Lloyd's wrist and make him stop. "Wh-what?" he asked.
"I hear..." you mumbled, hearing footsteps, "Footsteps...! Someone's coming!"
"Uh-oh. Must be more Desians..." Lloyd mumbled,
"Quick, hide."
"What about--"
"Don't worry, they think I'm a Desian. Remember?"
"Ok. Just be careful." You wink at him, then turn back as the Desians rounded the corner. You yelled, "Hey! You There! Stop!" Lloyd quickly ducked into the room.
"Where did he go?" a Desian asked,
"That way." you respond, pointing.

After all the Desians were gone, you run down the hall to the room where Lloyd had gone, tossing your helmet away carelessly. After all, you had no more use for it. You were only a few steps into the room... You look back at the door as it slid shut behind you.
"Lloyd, it's all clear let's-" you cut yourself off when you see, Yuan. "Ah--...!" Yuan had taken a step to one side of Lloyd, who had one of his swords drawn. But they both froze when they saw you in the room.
"!" the blue-haired man was more shocked than Lloyd at seeing you, especially wearing a Desian outfit. He thought you were still 'safely' locked in your room. "Aura?" he asked, turning towards you "How did you get...?" red light flashed in the room as an alarm blared,
"Wh...wha...?" you ask, looking around *An alarm...!? Did I set that off...!?*
"Aura, be careful!" Lloyd warned. "He's dangerous!" Yuan glared at the boy out of the corner of his eye.
"..." you quickly took a few steps towards Lloyd. You hadn't had much time to talk with Yuan... You weren't sure whether or not you could trust him.

Botta suddenly dashed into the room, from the door at the opposite side of the room, apparently carrying urgent news. He stopped a few feet from Yuan, who turned quickly to face him.
"Sir, I've just received reports that the chosen's group has infiltrated our facility." Botta informed him.
"You... You're that Desian that attacked Iselia." Lloyd exclaimed. "You're the one who tried to kidnap Aura!"
"!" a shiver jolted your spine, no wonder he looked so familiar.
"So your Lloyd, now this is amusing." Botta told the boy. Yuan looked just slightly mad at you, probably for not doing what he asked. You weren't sure what to do, or what to feel right now.
"Botta," Yuan told his subordinate, "I'm leaving. It will be ruined if he sees me."
"What of the Chosen?" Botta questioned. "And..." he looked to you, "....her?"
"...!" Lloyd put an arm in your way as though he was trying to protect you.
"I'll leave the Chosen to you." Yuan told him. "As for Aura...knock her out, and take her back to her room. I will deal with her later." Botta nodded in response to his leaders order,
"Understood." he said obediently.
"Wh-what...?" you ask, as Yuan walked by you to get to the door. He paused momentarily, but didn't look back at you.
"..." he said nothing, then abruptly. The door slid shut behind him, leaving your both to deal with Botta,
"..." *...Yuan...?* you wonder

You quickly turn back to Botta, not having time to worry about Yuan. The half-elf willed a large red sword to his hand. Lloyd drew his other sword, and you draw the one you had taken. Botta and a few other Desians advance on you, Lloyd pushed you behind him defensively. The half-elf raised his sword, to attack Lloyd; the brunette braced for the attack. When the far door opened; Colette, Kratos, and Genis ran into the room.
The sudden intrusion shocked Botta into dropping his guard, as he looked back to the new people who had found their way into the room.
"Lloyd, Aura!" Genis called,
"Are you both alright? Are you hurt...?" Colette asked worriedly.
"...They look fine," Kratos said skeptically, "Aura, here." he tossed you your sword, which was still in its sheath.
"Thanks." you say, catching it, and quickly discarding your current sword. You channel mana into the handle giving you a staff, and toss the sheath to the side.
"You guys all came for us?" asked Lloyd.
"Perfect timing." Botta remarked evilly, "I'll take care of all of you at once!"
"...Get ready." Kratos advised, drawing his sword. You all end up fighting Botta and the two Desians that are backing him up. Lloyd and Kratos went after Botta, who is using a huge red sword with an Exsphere on it, while you, Genis and Colette attack the rest of the Desians.

It happened in a flash--the two Desians you had been fighting fell. Then there was suddenly a loud shattering sound. You looked back to see Kratos' blade smashing through Botta's, leaving only the handle intact.
"U-gh--!?!"
Botta lost. Hands down.

"I....underestimated...your abilities," he admitted, then threw down what was left of his sword and quickly left, headed the same way Yuan had.
"Is he really gone?" Lloyd asked, somewhat nervously,
"...He no longer has a weapon to fight us with," Kratos said, sheathing his sword, "I doubt he'll be back." you sighed gratefully, pulling the mana from your sword. You picked up the sheath, and returned your sword to its place. As you buckled your belt back on Raine entered the room. She noticed the handle of Botta's sword, as well as the Exsphere which was embedded on it.

The Professor picked up the sword handle, examining the stone embedded in it.
"This crystalline object...is this an Exsphere?" she asked, talking about the round stone that was implanted on the sword,
"Professor your here to?" asked Lloyd.
"Lloyd...Genis told me, best he could, what happened to you and Aura. I'm sorry for the trouble he has caused you both."
"It's really no problem." Lloyd said, you looked away when she brought up Marble.
"There isn't time for chit-chat now." Kratos said firmly, "We need to go."
"Yes. I opened the escape route just now." Raine agreed. She took the Exsphere off the remnants of the sword and you all left quickly.

While you head back to Triet, it occurred to you that you were still wearing your Desian disguise, for you were beginning to get really hot.
"I guess...I'll change back in Triet." you said,
"A wise choice." Kratos agreed simply.
"Do I still really look like a Desian?" you ask, looking to Colette, Lloyd and Genis.
"Without the helmet? Not really." Lloyd assured. Colette, Raine and Genis agreed. Kratos didn't seem to be listening, he was scanning the desert for possible threats or more Desians.
"Why are you wearing that, anyway?" asked Genis as you all resumed walking. You then took the time to explain how you had gotten out of the room by faking passing out. And about when the guy came in to check on you, you knocked him out and took his armor.
"Very resourceful." Raine complemented.
"Kratos." you ask,
"Mm?" he glanced back,
Where did you find my sword?"
"...Noishe found it." he responded simply,
"Noishe...?"
"My dog." Lloyd explained.
"Oh yeah, Aura," Colette said,
"What is it?" you asked,
"Thanks."
"Thanks?"
"For the clue you left us. We found a bit of your sleeve stuck to some wood on the dock. That told us that you were kidnapped." You tilted your head slightly to one side curiously, *...I didn't even know I did that...*
"Um... well... Where was my weapon?" you asked, trying not to think about the 'kidnapped' part.
"After we had assumed someone had kidnapped you. We were looking for you when Genis and Noishe showed up, saying that Lloyd had been kidnapped as well." Raine explained, "We started following the trail, and Kratos found your sword lying in the sand. Whoever kidnapped you must have abandoned it."
"That's probably right..." you mumble.
"How did that man know your name?" asked Lloyd.
"I-I...I don't know." you responded, "But...he told me... He said: 'I guess you are getting your memory back' But I don't know...what he meant."
"Hm..." the boy mumbled.
"Aura," Raine asked, noticing your locket dangling from your neck "What is that?" she pointed to your locket.
"This? Oh-- It's my locket. I've had it ever since I can remember." *However far back that is...* you think "But I can't open it. There are two holes in it. I'm guessing they are key holes..."
"...What's in it?" Kratos asked, seeming strangely interested.
"I...I don't know." you admit truthfully, "I don't have either of the keys, and I've never opened it before..."
"...I see." he mumbled.

After a few hours of trudging through the burning sun, the large glowing orb began to set. It was almost fully set, darkness covering most of the sky, when you all finally make it back to Triet. People looked at you strangely as you walked through town, and you decided to change as quickly as you could. After going to the Inn you were grateful to find that the air within the confines of the building was very cool.
"I'll be right back. I'm gonna go change." you ask, then run up to the room you had rented earlier. After pulling off your 'Desian' outfit, you straighten out your actual cloths, finding that it felt better to get those baggy clothes off. Then jog downstairs once again, and join the others where they were waiting.

You all sat in one large room together. Kratos and Lloyd explained to Raine how to use Exspheres, and how she needs a key-crest if she wishes to use it. You sat on the floor, your back against the foot of one of the beds, and listened to what they said, although you don't really pay that much attention. You looked at your Exsphere while they explained.
"Hm..." you murmur you weren't sure for the exact reason, but you felt there was something different about your Exsphere. It felt different from everyone else's Exspheres,
"What is it, Aura?" asked Genis,
"U-um...Genis, could I see your Exsphere?" you asked,
"What? Uh, sure." the elf pulled the stone from the back of his hand, and gave it to you, you compared it side by side next to yours
"Weird..." you comment softly,
"What is it?" asked Kratos,
"Our Exspheres. Mine looks different than Genis'." you tell him, giving your friend back his Exsphere.
"Well that's pretty natural...I guess." Lloyd said "I mean, mine looks different than everyone else's, too."
"Yeah, you're probably right." you agree.

"Hey, Kratos," Genis asked, "I've been meaning to ask you...."
"...mm?" the Mercenary mumbled, looking to the little elf, arms resuming their original place: folded over his chest.
"How can you use magic?" Kratos raised then lowered his shoulders slightly in a shrug; meaning the response 'who knows', "You're a human aren't you?"
"Yes." he answered, "No Elvin blood at all."
"What does that matter?" Lloyd asked,
"Only beings with Elvin blood in them are supposed to be able to use magic." the little elf explained,
"Really...?"
"...That's correct." the man confirmed,
"But you can use magic!" Genis exclaimed, turning back to Kratos, obviously confused. "Humans aren't supposed to use magic! That's not how it's supposed to work!"
"....." the Mercenary sighed softly, "...Exspheres are amazing things." Kratos responded simply, leaning back against the wall behind him, arms still folded over his chest. "I believe Aura can use magic as well," he looked to you, "Can you not?" he looked to you,
"...Y-yeah," you agree, "Well--a little...but mostly healing magic."
"I guess exspheres really can do amazing things..." the half-elf agreed.

You begin to sew the torn patch back onto your sleeve. But you didn't take your sleeve off; even if it would make the sewing easier. You couldn't...then everyone would see... It.
"Wouldn't it be easier to fix your sleeve if you took it off, Aura?" asked Colette.
"No. No, I'm fine." you assure "I'm almost done anyway." after you finish sewing, you tie the string in a knot, and snap the extra thread off.

After more discussion, Lloyd volunteered to fix the keycrest Raine had found in the Martel temple.
"Thank you Lloyd." she thanked gratefully, you push yourself up into a standing position, and dust yourself off.
"....I'm gonna go to bed." you say. And you go upstairs to your room. You were tired, yes, but you also wanted to think.

Once back at your room, you go to the window and look outside at the stars. You wondered about what Yuan was going to say to you; pacing almost impatiently around the room, before lying on your bed and looking at the ceiling. You heard a knock on the door and sat up,
"Hello?" you call.
"Aura?" It was Lloyd,
"Oh, Lloyd...Come in." you call, sitting up.
"Did I wake you up?" he asked, walking into the room. You smile kindly,
"No, no-- I was just thinking." you tell him.
"Hey listen...if you really want...I..." Lloyd started, scratching the side of his head,
"Yes?" you ask,
"...I could try and make two keys for your locket." he admitted
"Really, you would?!" you ask hopefully,
"Sure." he told you confidently.
"Thank you!" you told him gratefully.
"But...I'll need to borrow your locket, to be able to make the keys."
"But, make them tomorrow. You need to go to bed tonight."
"Alright!" Lloyd promised,
"Thanks again Lloyd." you thanked,
"Hey, it's the least I could do after you saved me back there."
"Yeah. Goodnight." you tell him.
"Goodnight." he agreed then he left and you go to sleep.