Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 40

QUIZ START: You open your eyes to see a still star-filled night sky above your head. You smile as you sit up every one else was still asleep. Even Kratos, *It's about time he was sleeping for a full night...* you think, smiling ever so slightly as you look at his sleeping face. You notice one of his hands near you; you extend one of your hands, resting it on his for a moment, *What am I doing?* you think, and pull your hand away. You lay down, close your eyes, and go back to sleep.

In the morning you all continue on your way, again, at a slow and leisurely pace. You paused at the bottom of the mountain for lunch, Kratos and Lloyd trained together in sword-combat for almost an hour. After that had been finished, you began walking at a slow pace, not even making it to the House of Salvation before nightfall.

Raine made soup that night; she offered Kratos a bowl,
"Try it and tell me what you think, Kratos." Genis was shaking his head desperately, his expression saying 'don't do it',
"...Alright." the Mercenary took the bowl and tried a spoonful. He froze with the spoon in his mouth, looking sick. His eyes go back up to Raine, then back down to the bowl. Kratos pulled the spoon out of his mouth, after he forced himself to swallow "...I-its good..." he choked,
"Really?" Kratos nodded, cringing slightly. You guys are almost laughing. Raine started walking away; Kratos started to spill out whatever was in the bowl onto the ground next between you and him Liquid followed by... stuff, pours out onto the ground between you both.
"But you know-" he quickly brought the bowl back to over his lap. But he brought it back so fast he almost splashed some of the hot soup on himself.
"Everyone else thinks I can't cook." Kratos forced himself to eat another spoonful of the soup, he cringed after swallowing,
"...I can't imagine why." then Raine left, and he poured out the rest of the soup onto the ground.

KRATOS' POV: You force yourself to eat another bite of Raines 'soup'. It tasted worse than anything you've ever had to eat before.
A blob of something, that tasted like raw meet and was oily in texture, slid down your throat along with the disgusting liquid. You want to throw up, but you resist the urge, and just clench your teeth.
*Soup...More like toxic sludge* you think glumly. Once you completely swallow what you put in your mouth, you poke a small ball of something-or-other around the bowl with your spoon *I feel sorry for Genis.* After Raine left, you pour the entire bowl out onto the ground next to you. Everyone else began laughing, when you hear something you hadn't heard in years.
Aura was...laughing. You missed the sound of her laughter.
Without turning your head, you look at her. You had seen her smile many times on this journey, but you hadn't heard her laugh in years. Even before she ran away she barely ever laughed. You did all you could to make her happy. And it seemed just the action of you being with her made her smile, but after everything she had been through, and what was going on...you couldn't blame her for not laughing very much.
"Are you alright?" Aura asked, pulling you out of your train of thought.
"I think I'm sick." you respond, putting a hand on your face. It was the truth, you really did start to feel sick, that stuff probably was toxic. "...I'm never eating her cooking again. No offense Genis."
"None taken. I know Raine can't cook." Every one else keeps laughing, Aura laughed lightly, and rested a hand on your back,
"Are you sure you're alright?" she asked, you laugh a little too. No matter how bad you felt, Aura could always make you smile.
"If was forced to eat another bite of that 'soup', probably not." they keep laughing when Raine returned. And then it all went quiet,
"Kratos. Finished already?" asked Raine, looking at the now empty bowl resting on your lap. You nod your head, although your eyes are resting on the pot and ladle she was holding. The Professor offered more of her soup, *Oh God...*
"...No thank you....I couldn't eat another bite." you tell her, as courteously as you could. *I couldn't keep another bite down.*
"Would anyone else like to try?" asked Raine. She looked to Aura, who got a sweat drop.
"I-I'm not hungry. Sorry Professor, maybe next time?" she asked nervously,
"Alright. Anyone else?" every one else came up with there own excuses. Raine just shrugged.