Tales of Symphonia Story, Sylvarant Chronicles (1)

Tales of Symphonia Story 48

QUIZ START: The sun is just starting to set when you get out of the temple, and out to the miniature dock
"If we leave now, we can get back to the Thoda Dock before the sun sets." Raine said. After getting into your washtubs, you paddle your way back across the space of ocean, then arrive. When you arrive, Sheena helped you out of your boat,
"Thanks." you tell her,
"Why do you keep spacing out?" she asked, putting her hands on her hips as Genis helped Lloyd out of his washtub.
"I dunno." you tell her simply, looking at the sky "I've just been thinking a lot."
"Thinking huh?" asked Sheena, cocking her head to the side, still watching you. "About what?"
"I was thinking about--" you start,
"Sheena, Aura! Are you guys gonna spend all night outside, or what?" called Lloyd from the door.
"Oh yeah. Coming!" Sheena said, you both walk to the door *I think it might be better if I...don't tell anyone about my visions yet.* you decide, and follow the others upstairs, and go to sleep.

After two days of travel you arrive at Lake Umacy again. The Unicorn was still resting at the bottom of the lake...
"Okay. Go on, Sheena! Ask Undine to take us over there." Lloyd asked excitedly,
"...Wait." Kratos ordered, "That's not going to work." everyone seemed confused except for Raine.
"Why?" asked Colette,
"The Unicorn...can only be approached by a pure maiden." Raine explained.
"At the very least, Lloyd, Genis, and I are out." the Mercenary said.
"He's pretty picky if he'll only talk to girls." Lloyd muttered.
"So then, just Raine and..." started Genis,
"I'll stay behind. Colette, Aura. Both of you go." Sheena turned to Raine,
"Hey!!" the summoner exclaimed "Are you saying that I'm not qualified!?" Colette, Lloyd and Genis seemed confused.
"Qualified?" they all ask at once. Sheena blushed a little,
"You don't have to all say it at once!"
"Then we shall send Colette, Aura and Sheena." Kratos decided,
"Why can't the Professor go?" asked Lloyd,
"Because I'm an adult." Raine responded. Genis and Colette tilted their heads slightly in confusion.
"Hmm?"
"U-uh..." you voice, everyone turned to you now. You look down nervously, "I...I don't think I can go, either...."
"Say what?" Sheena exclaimed, "Why!?"
"U-h...I-..." you trail off, "I-I just don't think I can...!"
"...Well....alright, Aura shall stay here as well..." Raine said.
"Okay then. I'm going to summon now!" Sheena said. She walked to the side of the lake,
"I call upon the Maiden of the Mist. I summon thee... Come. Undine!" the water spirit appeared "Please Undine. Take us to the unicorn."
"As you wish. to the lake..." the spirit responded

You wait on the shore with the others, and sit on the shoreline. Kratos sat next to you while you all watched Sheena and Colette talking to the Unicorn,
"Aura?" he asked,
"Hm...?" you look to him,
"...Why do you not think you could go to see the Unicorn?"
"uh....." you blush lightly, looking down, "W-...well Raine said a 'pure' maiden so...I didn't want to..."
"Pure..." he mumbled thoughtfully, "Do you think that...you are not a virgin?"
"--!" you look away, turning crimson red.
"...I-I apologize," Kratos told you quickly, "Th-that was rude of me....I had no right to ask that of you. I'm sorry." he pressed his forehead against his palm, cursing himself softly, before adding, "I'm sorry..."
"...w-well..." you murmur sheepishly, "I-...I don't know...I just don't think I should go out to the Unicorn..."
"...I see..." he said, "Again, I apologize for what I asked."
"...its ok..." you mumble almost inaudibly, looking down, cheeks turning red once again. Kratos put a hand over his eyes, looking away as he tried to think,

KRATOS' POV: *What the hell is wrong with you!?* you demand in your head, *What are you doing, asking if Aura is a virgin?! You already know--....* you look down, feeling your neck heating up. *I can't believe I asked something like that... Dammit...!* you were so glad that Aura had already said she forgave you....but that didn't change how badly you felt. What you said was inadmissible, to you at least.

WITH YOU: Soon, you saw Sheena and Colette sliding back across the lake. You both stand,
"Are you two alright?" asked Lloyd. Sheena was almost crying when she stepped on shore.
"...Sheena. Are you crying?" asked Genis,
"The unicorn...gave us his horn." Colette explained quietly,
"I see. Then the unicorn is dead." Kratos finished. Sheena go an stiffened, and almost glared at Kratos,
"You knew?!"
"When a unicorn loses its horn, it dies. By dying a new unicorn is born." Raine explained gently, "Thats why the unicorn is the symbol of death and rebirth."
"...Will a new unicorn be born?" you ask, turning to Raine,
"Yes. Probably." the Professor assured.
"...I hope so." you say.
"Me too." Colette agreed.
"...The unicorn gave us this horn at the cost of his life. We must make good use of it." Lloyd agreed.
"Yeah. Colette! Now we might be able to get you back to normal!" Genis said.
"...Yes. But...not now." the Chosen responded. "Because right now... I still haven't finished regenerating the world...So please. Use this on Pietro and Clara."
"But..." started Lloyd,
"Don't worry. Once I've regenerated the world, I'll use this on me. All right?"
"...All right." Lloyd agreed. He took the unicorns horn from Colette and handed it to the Professor. "Professor, here..."
"It seems I've acquired some new healing arts thanks to the horn." she murmured, touching the horn alone was enough for her to learn new arts...impressive.
"Now we can save Clara." Lloyd said.
"No...it would be difficult to save her with only the healing arts I learned just now." Raine argued.
"What?!" asked Sheena.
"We must find a method that will develop these healing arts into a different form..."
"Where are we going to find something like that?" asked Lloyd,
"This area is said to be where healing arts were first developed. I'm sure we will find some clues in this region." she assured,
"Okay. Then lets have a look around the cities in this area." Lloyd agreed.
"Wait just a little longer Colette. I promise we will fulfill your wish." Raine assured,

Then she turned to you,
"Aura, I'll be able to help you learn more advanced healing spells now." you nod with a small smile.
"Right. Thanks Professor." you tell her. Everyone seemed momentarily confused,
"Aura...you're learning Healing Arts?" asked Lloyd.
"Yes. Is...is it really that surprising?"
"Why?" asked Colette.
"Just thought it would be a good thing to know is all." you respond, blushing lightly.